Jump to content

2021 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This may be controversial: I don't think that it's worth investing your heart and soul into the Ivies or the UC's. For domestic & international students alike, it's a game of 3D chess to determine

I’m not so sure about this. I was under the impression that most admissions committees (for PhD at least, med school is a completely different story) really only care about research experiences and ac

Declined my offers and accepted my top school! Very excited, officially going to start my PhD journey this fall. Good luck to you all! Sending so many good vibes.

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Elephantonly said:

Did anyone hear from Stanford? Would they release decisions this week?

Stanford said they'll begin emailing interviewees next week: "During the week of January 11, 2021, the committees will start to contact applicants who have been selected for an interview.  The selected applicants will be invited to interview via Zoom and participate in programming with faculty and current students. Our interview dates are currently set for Wednesday, March 3 through Saturday, March 6, 2021, but may shift. This is our only interview session. All applicants will be notified of the decision on their application by the end of January."

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sadbrain said:

Stanford said they'll begin emailing interviewees next week: "During the week of January 11, 2021, the committees will start to contact applicants who have been selected for an interview.  The selected applicants will be invited to interview via Zoom and participate in programming with faculty and current students. Our interview dates are currently set for Wednesday, March 3 through Saturday, March 6, 2021, but may shift. This is our only interview session. All applicants will be notified of the decision on their application by the end of January."

Thanks for the info!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all, I am seeing people starting to post UCSF rejections that came out today! I have yet to get an interview invitation or a rejection (either on the site or by email)... If any of you got the rejection, will you let me know if it was generic or if it seemed like they will be sending them out individually? Thanks :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, neurolingr said:

Hey all, I am seeing people starting to post UCSF rejections that came out today! I have yet to get an interview invitation or a rejection (either on the site or by email)... If any of you got the rejection, will you let me know if it was generic or if it seemed like they will be sending them out individually? Thanks :)

Hey, I got a UCSF rejection today. This is what the email said: There has been a change in the status of your application to the Neuroscience PhD graduate program at UCSF.

Then it prompted me to check the portal. On the portal, it said rejected. So I think they are entering it in the portal individually which sends emails to applicants automatically.

Hope it helps!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neuro2021 said:

FYI, from USC:

“The initial round and bulk of invitations have already been sent out. There is a possibility of another round of invites, but nothing has been decided.”

Thanks for the info! Really hope that next round happens and that I would be selected...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! 
I emailed one of the programs I applied to and they said that they’re in the first phase of the reviewing process and invitations.. 

Anyone has any idea what this means?? Not sure if this is good or bad news ☹️
 

I’m wondering if other programs review the applications and send out invitations in phases as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2021 at 1:34 PM, Neuromantic said:

Any updates from UNC BBSP Neuro, anyone? 

I just scheduled for my second round of interviews @ UConn on 1/14!

Me too! Are you considering enrolling there? because I really liked the PNB program. I'm pretty sure that if I get accepted, I'll enroll there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, vCoconut said:

Hey guys! Does anyone know if UCSD is still sending out interviews? It seems like they sent out the majority on Dec 28th, but I'm not sure if they send them out in multiple rounds or not.

I heard there might be a second round of emails sent out this week or next from a current UCSD biomedical grad. student. They also mentioned the second batch of emails might depend on how many individuals decline the first round of interview invitations (I can't imagine why anyone would barring a conflict with another higher priority program). I am hoping more invites are sent out as well since I already received a UCSF invite, but also attended UCSD as an undergrad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, neurolingr said:

Hey all, I am seeing people starting to post UCSF rejections that came out today! I have yet to get an interview invitation or a rejection (either on the site or by email)... If any of you got the rejection, will you let me know if it was generic or if it seemed like they will be sending them out individually? Thanks :)

I'm in the same boat. I'm hoping it means that we are still under consideration or waitlisted but I know I'm being overly optimistic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mak16 said:

I'm in the same boat. I'm hoping it means that we are still under consideration or waitlisted but I know I'm being overly optimistic. 

I am as well! Kind of confused, but I bet we will find out more info on our admissions status over the next few days.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.