Jump to content

2021 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results


Recommended Posts

Hi guys! Did anyone receive a rejection letter from Sinai?

It is so weird, I can see that last years they always sent out rejections early and fully... It is way past their time for sending out rejections. I would assume they are keeping a waitlist for interviews, but they sent out more interviews this year if judging only by the results page. I counted 7 interviews, and last year it was 5 and the rejections were sent out. 

Do you think there is still hope for Sinai? They told me more than a week ago that applications were under review, but it seems kinda late for it at this point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This may be controversial: I don't think that it's worth investing your heart and soul into the Ivies or the UC's. For domestic & international students alike, it's a game of 3D chess to determine

I’m not so sure about this. I was under the impression that most admissions committees (for PhD at least, med school is a completely different story) really only care about research experiences and ac

Declined my offers and accepted my top school! Very excited, officially going to start my PhD journey this fall. Good luck to you all! Sending so many good vibes.

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Just_Alice said:

Hi guys! Did anyone receive a rejection letter from Sinai?

It is so weird, I can see that last years they always sent out rejections early and fully... It is way past their time for sending out rejections. I would assume they are keeping a waitlist for interviews, but they sent out more interviews this year if judging only by the results page. I counted 7 interviews, and last year it was 5 and the rejections were sent out. 

Do you think there is still hope for Sinai? They told me more than a week ago that applications were under review, but it seems kinda late for it at this point. 

I'm in the same boat. It feels a little late for interviews but I haven't received a real rejection either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Moneuro said:

Anyone got accepted at OSU?

I had an interview in early January and am still waiting to hear back! I received an email last week that they are in the process of reviewing applications, but they did not give a timeline for when I will receive more info. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone here get an interview from UPenn's Pharmacology Graduate Group (PGG) under BGS? I was so excited about their Neuropharmacology focus.

I still haven't heard back regarding my application and tried to follow up with their admissions coordinator, but no one responded. I saw a lot of BGS rejects on the results page though, so I guess mine will come along soon. :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Guacomole said:

Did anyone here get an interview from UPenn's Pharmacology Graduate Group (PGG) under BGS? I was so excited about their Neuropharmacology focus.

I still haven't heard back regarding my application and tried to follow up with their admissions coordinator, but no one responded. I saw a lot of BGS rejects on the results page though, so I guess mine will come along soon. :(

I'm in the same boat. I haven't heard back from the program at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, just_a_neuro_geek said:

Is Baylor College of Medicine still sending out invites? My application is still "under review" and wondering what are the chances.

I'm wondering the same thing lol. It's my top choice program, but based on results from previous years all interview invites likely have already been sent out. I saw a few posters saying that they got the "transferred to second choice program" email in early February back in 2018. 

Edited by willilandsomewhere
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, just_a_neuro_geek said:

Is Baylor College of Medicine still sending out invites? My application is still "under review" and wondering what are the chances.

I think they are done. First interview weekend is happening now and the second weekend is on Jan 28-29.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Just_Alice said:

Well, my upset self is already thinking 'They did not even bother to reject me properly" haha

Just got my rejection today. I think youre on waitlist, still wishing you the best.

Good luck to all my international applicants, youll need it!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 9:46 PM, just_a_neuro_geek said:

I emailed a PI from UCLA a few weeks ago regarding when interviews are being sent out. And they responded " I am not sure when invites go out- we have only been told interviews are on Feb 8 and Mar 1." So there's still hope I guess.

Is this the neuro program at UCLA? Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MoronPhDApplicant said:

Is this the neuro program at UCLA? Thanks!

Yes, I was told something similar by a current UCLA neuroscience graduate student:

"UCLA requires (this year) responses from all interviewees by January 18th, and their interview process is occurring Feb. 28th - March 1st."

Edited by lowestprime
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lowestprime said:

Yes, I was told something similar by a current UCLA neuroscience graduate student:

"UCLA requires (this year) responses from all interviewees by January 18th, and their interview process is occurring Feb. 28th - March 1st."

Ok. I guess if I did not receive an invite by now, I am dumped. 

Thank you for sharing!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 12:43 PM, lowestprime said:

I am planning to email them again if I do not hear anything by tomorrow afternoon. Last time I emailed them on January 11th, they said:

"Thank you for your email and for your application! Currently applications are still be reviewed for the NSIDP program. We will contact you directly with any updates regarding your application and status."

 

Edit:

I got impatient and just emailed them right now (1:00 PM PST). I will post their reply as my UCLA neurograd student contact from Reddit still has not replied to my request for an an admissions update.

 

5 minutes ago, MoronPhDApplicant said:

Ok. I guess if I did not receive an invite by now, I am dumped. 

Thank you for sharing!

Not necessarily!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone heard from Carnegie Mellon's program in Neural Computation? There are no interview invites posted on the Results page, and only one unofficial Rejection... Last year they came out around the same time as CMU's Systems Neuroscience program. Curious if anyone knows anything about this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, OldFire Mamba said:

Just got my rejection today. I think youre on waitlist, still wishing you the best.

Good luck to all my international applicants, youll need it!!!!!

I also got the rejection later that day... Well, a rejection is way better than just being ignored, which I got from Yale INP and probably from Duke Psychology and Neuroscience 😟

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you receive an acceptance, are you usually given a deadline for confirming or denying admission? I have some interviews in late Feb so I’m just wondering what would happen if a school gave me an acceptance in January but I hadn’t interviewed at all my programs yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.