2021 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This may be controversial: I don't think that it's worth investing your heart and soul into the Ivies or the UC's. For domestic & international students alike, it's a game of 3D chess to determine

I’m not so sure about this. I was under the impression that most admissions committees (for PhD at least, med school is a completely different story) really only care about research experiences and ac

Declined my offers and accepted my top school! Very excited, officially going to start my PhD journey this fall. Good luck to you all! Sending so many good vibes.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Smoothbrain said:

I just got an interview invite from UCLA and it seems really weird because it's so much later than anyone else on the results page. Does anyone know if there was a waitlist or something? I had just assumed that I had gotten rejected

Congratulations and likewise about the rejection assumption. I wonder if more will come out soon. When are the interview dates again?

1 minute ago, lowestprime said:

Congratulations and likewise about the rejection assumption. I wonder if more will come out soon. When are the interview dates again?

They said February 28th - March 1st. I was just immediately suspicious of the email because of how late it was but I suppose I should be happy!

1 hour ago, Xuanyu Fang said:

I'm waiting for offer, interviewed last week, Cognitive neuroscience program under PBS department

I did too! I haven't received anything yet. Though when someone asked during the interview they said it might not be until the end of the month to receive an answer. Hope this helps!

1 hour ago, lnrnlds said:

I did too! I haven't received anything yet. Though when someone asked during the interview they said it might not be until the end of the month to receive an answer. Hope this helps!

That's also what I remember, but I'm not sure whether they are more of a committee based program or a lab based one, that probably determine whether we might receive decision from PI of interest ahead of time

3 minutes ago, lnrnlds said:

Oh really? Do you think we will hear back from MCB this week?

I sure hope so! Someone in my interview asked when we should hear back and they said the adcom starts meeting this week. 

International 3pubs 1pub in revision.

School: Iowa

Type: Integrated Neuroscience PhD 

Date of invite: 12/17

Type of invite: Official Invite for virtual recruitment

Interview date(s):1/28-1/30

For those of you who received the interview invitation from CMU's Program in Systems Neuroscience, have you received the detailed interview schedule yet?