Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The answer to your question will depend on the field you are applying to.  One thing I can tell you is that for some programs (like CS), you have to be a Master's to enter into a PhD program (that's unlike US), and as a bachelors you will be admitted to the Master's program before the PhD program. 

While most PhD programs tend to be funded, most master's programs are not, but I think the UK ones are much cheaper than their US counterparts. 

Edited by GeorgiaTechPhd
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure about sciences and engineering, but in terms of PhDs in the arts and humanities, chances of funding for non-UK/EU international students are minimal, at least not from the schools. You may consider if there is any US governmental funding schemes. Oxbridge, though, does have more funding opportunities than many other UK schools, but still far less likely than US PhDs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.