1 minute ago, SirGhostus said:

Image.jpeg

I know technically the acceptance into the MA program makes this an acceptance letter, but has anyone ever told Fordham that--although admittedly humorous--it's somewhat tone-deaf to include an overlay of celebratory streamers and confetti when rejecting someone from a PhD program.

And as someone who just posted an edited decision page as a joke, I wanna be clear: this is not a joke or an edited photo, it's actually what their decision letter looks like.

christ this is comedically tone-deaf... 

sorry you had to be on the receiving end of that dumpster fire

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In at Davis!!! My first English acceptance of this cycle. Really exciting and particularly validating since I was rejected from their program in my last app cycle. I'm so happy! Funding details to com

Anyone else getting this weird message on their pending applications or is it just me? Guessing this is a hint from the adcoms that I should refresh a few more times

I got into my first MA program!!! I know most of y'all are PhD applicants, but this is so huge for me!! I got offered a teaching assistantship for two years!!!! This means I can move out of my parents

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, SirGhostus said:

Image.jpeg

I know technically the acceptance into the MA program makes this an acceptance letter, but has anyone ever told Fordham that--although admittedly humorous--it's somewhat tone-deaf to include an overlay of celebratory streamers and confetti when rejecting someone from a PhD program.

And as someone who just posted an edited decision page as a joke, I wanna be clear: this is not a joke or an edited photo, it's actually what their decision letter looks like.

Wow, that's something else... You'll probably be laughing about this in a couple of days

My UT Austin app status page now says “Attention: Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review.” I’m assuming that doesn’t mean anything, but because I’m bored/anxious, wanted to see if y’all’s status page says the same thing? 

8 minutes ago, R Westy said:

My UT Austin app status page now says “Attention: Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review.” I’m assuming that doesn’t mean anything, but because I’m bored/anxious, wanted to see if y’all’s status page says the same thing? 

Mine has said this for a long time (v early in January). From what I’ve gathered it doesn’t really mean anything.

1 minute ago, queenofcarrotflowers said:

Mine has said this for a long time (v early in January). From what I’ve gathered it doesn’t really mean anything.

Oh interesting. Before today mine always just said “Your application is in review.” Same meaning just a slightly differently worded message. I hate how all the application systems do little glitchy things that stress me out. 

28 minutes ago, R Westy said:

Oh interesting. Before today mine always just said “Your application is in review.” Same meaning just a slightly differently worded message. I hate how all the application systems do little glitchy things that stress me out. 

Okay, but mine doesn't say that, tho. It's still at In Review. 😥

6 minutes ago, missmarianne said:

Okay, but mine doesn't say that, tho. It's still at In Review. 😥

I’m pretty sure this is not a bad sign— at least that’s what I gathered from the trawling through various posts I did when I got the update. Wishing the best for all of us 🤞🏼

Edited by queenofcarrotflowers

still waiting on penn state, university of rhode island, SUNY Albany, Florida State, and University of Florida. anyone else waiting for any of these, too? I applied for a mix of media studies phds and english, but I'm wondering how to approach next year's application cycle. I'm 22, finishing up my MFA at Miami OH, and have little experience in terms of conferences and publications that aren't creative/film based. how do y'all blend your interests into programs that are alllllmost the right fit, without having to reframe your experience?

this is all to say, I am tired.

Just finished speaking with the DGS from OSU. Did not get a fellowship, unfortunately. However, we went over stipend details and all that. The course load is one per semester, which is great! I'm still waiting on a few more schools, but yes. I'm feeling good about OSU!

3 hours ago, SirGhostus said:

Image.jpeg

WOW!

I am dyinggggg 😂😅

6 minutes ago, The Maritime Scholar said:

Also, I keep seeing people in the results saying that they checked their UCLA application portal, but mine doesn't say anything. How weird. Maybe they haven't finished posting all the rejections, and I'm at the bottom of the list 😂😅🥴

Same! I’ve already crossed it off my list in anticipation of a rejection but it’d be nice to be able to make things official. 😎 

4 minutes ago, Lighthouse Lana said:

Tufts, I know you saw that big typo smack-dab in the middle of my SOP. We both know what happens now. Stop being a jerk and let me join the "no Tufts for me" club.

Not a typo, but before a big interview I was looking for a SoP and saw a professor's name from the wrong school!!  Had a mini heart attack and then realized I was looking at the wrong file lol.  This process is not helping my anxiety!

53 minutes ago, LtotheOG said:

I see two Rutgers-English acceptances on Results. Have all acceptances gone out, you think?

Likely not quite yet, based on the past usually acceptances are contacted directly (usually by their poi) on Friday evening/Saturday morning either by phone or email. after Saturday, however, I’d say you can take it as an implied rejection. Also, Rutgers seem to have a bad habit of updating statuses on the portal for waitlists and rejections without sending out an email (usually early in the following week from when acceptances have gone out). 

7 hours ago, queenofcarrotflowers said:

Likely not quite yet, based on the past usually acceptances are contacted directly (usually by their poi) on Friday evening/Saturday morning either by phone or email. after Saturday, however, I’d say you can take it as an implied rejection. Also, Rutgers seem to have a bad habit of updating statuses on the portal for waitlists and rejections without sending out an email (usually early in the following week from when acceptances have gone out). 

edit: looks like nobody’s heard back today yet, so there’s a divergence from to previous years. ignore my tea-leaf reading lol🤡

4 minutes ago, queenofcarrotflowers said:

edit: looks like nobody’s heard back today yet, so there’s a divergence from to previous years. ignore my tea-leaf reading lol🤡

There is a chance that just very few acceptances were made. Rutgers is under a hiring freeze due to the pandemic, so I’d imagine they wouldn’t want to dedicate a lot of money into letting the department take a large cohort. 

19 minutes ago, Shake829 said:

There is a chance that just very few acceptances were made. Rutgers is under a hiring freeze due to the pandemic, so I’d imagine they wouldn’t want to dedicate a lot of money into letting the department take a large cohort. 

Can I ask how you know this?

If it’s true, this is nothing short of infuriating. Sadly and predictably, applicants weren’t given a clue.

Edited by LtotheOG
14 minutes ago, Shake829 said:

thanks sm for the info— I’m going to assume this is the case and take it as an implied rejection for my sanity’s sake.