1 hour ago, queenofcarrotflowers said:

It's unfortunate that my top-choice programme which would be a PERFECT fit for me is the one that's been totally silent... If I'd heard back from them first (with a rejection, I'm sure), I feel like I could actually sleep at night lol

I'm in the same boat!! They pushed their initial deadline back and waiting to hear from them is killing me.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In at Davis!!! My first English acceptance of this cycle. Really exciting and particularly validating since I was rejected from their program in my last app cycle. I'm so happy! Funding details to com

Anyone else getting this weird message on their pending applications or is it just me? Guessing this is a hint from the adcoms that I should refresh a few more times

I got into my first MA program!!! I know most of y'all are PhD applicants, but this is so huge for me!! I got offered a teaching assistantship for two years!!!! This means I can move out of my parents

Posted Images

3 hours ago, queenofcarrotflowers said:

It's unfortunate that my top-choice programme which would be a PERFECT fit for me is the one that's been totally silent... If I'd heard back from them first (with a rejection, I'm sure), I feel like I could actually sleep at night lol

big mood ahh

it's also so exasperating knowing that you know you're a perfect fit and that all signs point to it being a perfect fit, but the admissions committee may have an entirely different opinion!

2 minutes ago, Emailchecker said:

Guys, will it be rude and insensitive to send a Texas POI a question about app status? 

If there hadn't just been huge ice storms and power outages last week, I'd say no. But I think they'll probably get to it sometime this week (since it sounded like they were anticipating sending decisions last week, pre-storm). Their campus was closed last week and it's possible a lot of them couldn't actually get to campus or didn't have the power to trigger admissions decisions. I'd say if we get into March with no answer, then it wouldn't be bad to reach out.

12 minutes ago, NervousYolk said:

big mood ahh

it's also so exasperating knowing that you know you're a perfect fit and that all signs point to it being a perfect fit, but the admissions committee may have an entirely different opinion!

exactly! It's such a strange game with so many things factoring into decisions, many of them being luck, that knowing you're a perfect fit just serves for more anxiety rather than hope !

18 minutes ago, Emailchecker said:

Guys, will it be rude and insensitive to send a Texas POI a question about app status? 

Frankly, I would say yes, what with the situation.

The university website says it is closed until Wednesday- it's possible we'll start hearing back after then. I know how anxiety-inducing it is, but it's hardly an urgent matter.

On 2/18/2021 at 2:32 PM, missmarianne said:

Agreed! Though I got a rejection yesterday and my name was in a different font than the rest of the letter because someone had clearly copied/pasted it from a list and I laughed a little (while trying not to cry, obviously).

In the meantime, I composed a very silly rejection letter written by my anxiety disorder that I sent to McSweeney's and, whether or not it gets published, I will be sharing it with the group to ease the pain of my inevitable shut out.

McSweeney's took my essay, y'all!! I'm so excited to see something that's not a rejection in my inbox! :)

13 minutes ago, missmarianne said:

McSweeney's took my essay, y'all!! I'm so excited to see something that's not a rejection in my inbox! :)

congrats!! please please share with this thread once it's published, so excited to read it

1 hour ago, queenofcarrotflowers said:

exactly! It's such a strange game with so many things factoring into decisions, many of them being luck, that knowing you're a perfect fit just serves for more anxiety rather than hope !

i'm partly convinced pulling names out of a hat is a part of the admissions selection process! they probably also roll some dice to decide the number of students to admit and throw darts at a map to pick international students 🙃

1 minute ago, NervousYolk said:

i'm partly convinced pulling names out of a hat is a part of the admissions selection process! they probably also roll some dice to decide the number of students to admit and throw darts at a map to pick international students 🙃

Is this like Mary-Kate and Ashley throwing a dart at a map to decide what movie they're doing next? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? 

1 hour ago, missmarianne said:

Congratulations! ❤️ 

21 minutes ago, Cloudbury said:

Has anyone received an email from UVA called “University of Virginia Graduate Diversity Resources”. This is my first communication from them... anyone accepted? 

Also just got that email... annoying bc I’m fairly sure they’ve already sent out all acceptances and waitlists and I’m just waiting for the official rejection, so this email is totally irrelevant to me lol. 

*edited to add: Not trying to discourage hope here, I’m just grumpy af at this point in the season. Good luck to us both!!

Edited by R Westy
On 2/17/2021 at 1:19 PM, brockdenbrown802 said:

Yes - same to you!! It's so stressful trying to figure out what goes on behind the scenes... full knowing we can't really, haha! Hopefully good news for both of us :) 

I got an email today from CUNY that I am waitlisted. Hope you and the other CUNY tea leaf-readers got okay news too!!