Hi all! I wanted to start a thread for prospective DrPH students applying before Dec 1 2020 for 2021 matriculation. I was browsing similar threads from previous application cycles and thought this would be helpful! 

I’m planning to apply to Johns Hopkins distance DrPH program. 
-MPH

-East coast

-I’ve worked in hospital epidemiology for 10 years, currently in a leadership role. 

Nice to meet you! 

• 3 weeks later...

... I also should probably add that I’m applying to the Hopkins DrPH program, but I’m still torn between the Implementation Science track OR designing my own custom track that incorporates Implementation Science and Hospital Epidemiology/patient safety. I’m leaning towards the latter, but still learning the specifics about what that entails.

I hope to hear from other prospective DrPH students — and wondering if the current pandemic has affected your application decisions (to defer, or further motivated you forward in your public health education journey). 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm applying for a mix of DrPH and PhD programs. Either way, I assume my career will be more field epi than research and teaching (though, I'd love that, too)! My list is long but definitely includes the distance Hopkins program. 

• 1 month later...