2021 Applicants Forum

20 hours ago, Ydrl said:

Update from Florida, got a very nice call from a wonderful faculty member at Florida. The reason I wasn't given an email was because they had to chop the bottom three poets from the waitlist, and I was one of the bottom three haha. Oh well.

I’m sorry 😞 It’s their loss! 

Still exciting that you got waitlisted there! 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I GOT INTO SJCNY!!!!!!! I’M GOING TO COLLEGE. Brb I’m gonna go move my car and maybe cry happy tears a little bit.

Babes, I was just waitlisted at Michener for fiction!! ❤️❤️❤️

I just got accepted at Miami of Ohio (poetry)! My little ones and I just popped open the bottle of sparkling Welch's that has been sitting in the fridge door. I told them I got into an MFA and my d

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, M-Lin said:

BU rejection came in! Honestly super relieved because I am just falling in love with another program and didn’t want to have to make a difficult decision. 

Anybody got good news? 

Dude same. I don't think I really need my answer from CU, I've made my decision. When a program feels like it crafted for you and how you write and work and you connect to faculty and the curriculum, then the decision becomes much easier.

6 minutes ago, CrankyGinger said:

Dude same. I don't think I really need my answer from CU, I've made my decision. When a program feels like it crafted for you and how you write and work and you connect to faculty and the curriculum, then the decision becomes much easier.

Yeah the only one I would be a little torn about would be BU. Columbia was more just for my vanity... no way to afford and honestly not interested in the size of the program, and already not getting a good feeling from the institution anyway, lol. Not sure if this is just our coping mechanism working at its best but I think I'm making the right decision. It just feels right!! 

When I started looking at Amtrak and Chinatown buses to Boston... I was already like, please no. hahaha 

Edited by M-Lin
3 minutes ago, M-Lin said:

Yeah the only one I would be a little torn about would be BU. Columbia was more just for my vanity... no way to afford and honestly not interested in the size of the program, and already not getting a good feeling from the institution anyway, lol. Not sure if this is just our coping mechanism working at its best but I think I'm making the right decision. It just feels right!! 

Haha, no I get it, it's definitely a vanity application. The longer we wait, though, it's true, the more turned off I am by them. 

On 3/25/2021 at 3:10 AM, anna23 said:

hey all!!! anyone here apply to hunter college for poetry? if so, have you heard back? thanks in advance!

Yes. I think its okay for me to say now that it's finalized, but I got my offer a little while ago. There are 4 of us so far I think. (that seem to be prospective students). 

Edited by ZaytandLabna
Just now, iai said:

🙆🏻‍♀️

I was really hoping for a waitlist /: but I guess I’ll be heading for the UK after all! 

it said the waitlist could drag into the summer so do you really, really want that? I'm so happy that this is all over, haha. 

I hope you have the best time in the UK! 

Just now, M-Lin said:

it said the waitlist could drag into the summer so do you really, really want that? I'm so happy that this is all over, haha. 

I hope you have the best time in the UK! 

That’s also a good point 🥲 

Thank you! I hope I do too 👀

The Columbia letter said that the waitlist "has no rank"... but it must do??? how else are they going to decide who to let in when the first spot becomes available? 🤔

2 hours ago, ZaytandLabna said:

Yes. I think its okay for me to say now that it's finalized, but I got my offer a little while ago. There are 4 of us so far I think. (that seem to be prospective students). 

aw man :( well, alright then! thank you for letting me know! congrats on getting in!

Edited by anna23
11 minutes ago, M-Lin said:

The Columbia letter said that the waitlist "has no rank"... but it must do??? how else are they going to decide who to let in when the first spot becomes available? 🤔

There are waitlist pools where everybody exists until the adcom happens to go through the pool and pick who they like. It's shitty, just like a ranked waitlist, but in a different way.

Denied at CU. No word yet from BU. I saw some rejections and a poetry acceptance. Any one know if there have been any BU acceptances or waitlists on Draft for fiction?

Anyways, this looks like a wrap for me, apart from a waitlist that I'll probably decline. Have to mull my meagre choices while I hit up my opiate rod tonight. Don't think I want to go through this again.

17 minutes ago, Blackhole said:

Is BU emailing rejections?

28 minutes ago, Blackhole said:

yay. congrats :)

Thanks!!! And yes, BU e-mailed rejection this morning. If you didn’t get it, maybe a good sign? 

40 minutes ago, Ydrl said:

There are waitlist pools where everybody exists until the adcom happens to go through the pool and pick who they like. It's shitty, just like a ranked waitlist, but in a different way.

I see... same difference 😂
thanks! 

5 hours ago, M-Lin said:

I would hypothesize that they'd choose the waitlisers based on who turned their spots down -- i.e. to ensure aesthetic diversity in the program. Just a theory ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 minutes ago, feralgrad said:

I would hypothesize that they'd choose the waitlisers based on who turned their spots down -- i.e. to ensure aesthetic diversity in the program. Just a theory ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

and a very good one at that! I’d believe it