Is my profile good enough? (give your personal opinions!)

Alex Diaz de Mendibil

Hi,

I know I am the annoying guy asking questions about himself instead of general questions that are useful to everyone, but I am trying to decide which universities to apply to and I don't wanna be wasting money on impossible objectives.

So, my idea is to take MSc on Computer Science/EE & IT/Communications Engineering/etc in one of the top european universities (ETHZ, EPFL, Cambridge, Oxford, Delft, ...). These are all very prestigious and competitive.

My overall profile:

Academic:

- GPA 7.92/10 in Barcelona (Spain), my university is ranked 300 in general and it is ranked 76 in Engineering and Technology by QS World University Rankings. BSc EE & IT.
 - No publications
 - High School GPA 9.9/10 in my Barcelona High School
 - Taking GRE in 2 months, expected 155V 165Q (and at the very least, 150V 160Q)
 - I have lived in 3 different countries during my childhood and adolescence (seen different cultures, seen different educational systems)
 - C1/C2 English, CAE grade A
 - Proficient in Catalan, Spanish and English. Medium in Italian. Beginner in German
 - Doing a side BBA on an online University

Experience:

- 2 years experience at the Formula Student / Formula SAE team in my Uni
 - 1 month experience at British Telecom
 - 2 months experience at a local Chemical and Civil Engineering company (unrelated to my field)
 - 4 months experience at a strategic consultant, working as a kind of Data Scientist

What do you think? I personally believe the only flaws in my profile are a "low" GPA (I wish I studied more to obtain at least 8.5) and not having publications. Everything else looks fine to me.

I don't know if I forgot to add any important aspect of my profile. Let me know.

There are students with 2.0/4.0 GPAs who gets accepted to Harvard or other top schools. With that said, I wouldn't put so much emphasis on your GPA. If you had a low GPA and everything was mediocre, then maybe you should be worried. Admissions committee take a look at everything. Not just your GPA, so I wouldn't worry about having a low one. I'm not an admissions expert or anything like that, but from what I'm seeing here, it is a well-rounded profile. Good luck! ?