Fall 2021 Applications

It's early in the application season, but I figured I'd get this going!

I'm applying for an MA/MS in Archaeology. My regional interests are Arctic/Subarctic and Pacific Northwest. I'm also interested in underwater archaeology of submerged landscapes. 

For maritime arch, my first choice is University of Southampton (in England). I'm also into Texas A&M and East Carolina because I have so few options otherwise. Oregon State is also on my list because one professor works on submerged landscapes, but doesn't conduct underwater fieldwork.

For Arctic and PNW, I'm looking at University of Alaska Fairbanks, Washington State University, and SUNY Buffalo. 

Haven't contacted POI's yet outside of Southampton!  I'm thinking that will narrow down my list a bit hah.

Edited by tundratussocks
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, 

It seems the Anthropology forum is non existent this year. Anyone want to share his/hers thoughts about the upcoming cycle? How does COVID impact your decision to where you're applying? 

I'm applying for several departments: Chicago, Michigan, Yale, Brandeis and UC Santa Cruz. My work is on socio-environmental themes in the middle east.

Lets help each other, or at least support during this arduous journey. Best of luck to us all!

Hi YS90 I'm also a ME sociocultural applicant this cycle! Would be great to connect. 

Just wanted to note for others sakes that
Brown
Columbia
NYU
UC Berkeley
UC Boulder
UPitt 

all are NOT accepting applications for F21. https://www.chronicle.com/article/more-doctoral-programs-suspend-admissions-that-could-have-lasting-effects-on-graduate-education 

Wishing everyone best of luck! 

On 10/11/2020 at 10:00 PM, YS90 said:

Anyone want to share his/hers thoughts about the upcoming cycle? How does COVID impact your decision to where you're applying? 

It's so difficult to forecast what will happen, so I'm frustratingly investing a ton of time and money into applying regardless. I'm going to wait until the last minute to apply to all of my schools, hoping that come January the world might have a better sense of what will happen for that academic year. If all of my top choice schools choose not to accept applications, have majority classes online, or experience serious budget cuts and thus less funding for masters degrees, I might wait a year to apply or at least prepare for application into PhD programs next cycle (if only budget related).