Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Also I was majorly close to having a breakdown this morning (from the stress of not knowing), but chatting with everyone here on the forum really helped ease my anxiety. It feels good to know I'm not

Actually--its usually Monday or Friday. Here's some info I found in the 2020 thread, with additions to include actual day.  2020: 3/13, 4:36 (Friday) 2019: 3/11, 6:30 PM EST (Monday)

I'm fairly certain it'll happen today for no good reason besides past knowledge, this forum's affirmations and the fact I've gotten all my acceptances when I thought I would this year. So good luck ev

Posted Images

Do you all know if scholarship/funding decisions will be released at the same time tonight (or Monday, who knows)? I have yet to hear from most of the schools, only heard from 1 out of 5 that I applied so I'm super anxious as well...

Link to post
Share on other sites

For those that are anxiously awaiting - the early action decisions were released at 7:48 PM EST. Some applicants were given scholarship decisions at that time, others (like me!) were told “we have not completed the awarding process. If selected for SIPA funding you will be notified in March, however if you are not selected you will not receive any confirmation”. So I am waiting with all of you hoping additional early action funding decisions may be released today!

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, aspiringmpp said:

For those that are anxiously awaiting - the early action decisions were released at 7:48 PM EST. Some applicants were given scholarship decisions at that time, others (like me!) were told “we have not completed the awarding process. If selected for SIPA funding you will be notified in March, however if you are not selected you will not receive any confirmation”. So I am waiting with all of you hoping additional early action funding decisions may be released today!

was that in your offer letter? (mine didn't have that wording so that might not bode well). Best of luck with funding however!! :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, francophile_1 said:

was that in your offer letter? (mine didn't have that wording so that might not bode well). Best of luck with funding however!! :) 

No, I emailed them in January to ask if early action candidates would be under consideration for funding in March. Good luck to you too!

Link to post
Share on other sites

My gmail account keeps placing Columbia University ADVERTISEMENTS at the top of my promotions folder. My heart skips a beat every time. I keep getting them for Georgetown too, though I didn't apply there, so it's not quite the same effect. 

Good luck to everyone! Regardless of how the decisions go, congrats on finishing the application process, because man it was brutal this year. I hope to be ~policymaking~ with some of you down the line. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ir candidate said:

You guys are literally messing up people's minds. I legit am never checking this site again lol. You guys invent a deadline out of thin air and then use cognitive dissonance to convince yourselves and the rest of us that were actually hearing back then. Lmao

I mean its a little bit ridiculous that they can't set hard deadlines - there was none of this ambiguity with SAIS. ("Mid-March" is not a hard deadline)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ir candidate said:

You guys are literally messing up people's minds. I legit am never checking this site again lol. You guys invent a deadline out of thin air and then use cognitive dissonance to convince yourselves and the rest of us that were actually hearing back then. Lmao

it’s not that serious. I am also a bit bummed out but like if you’re coming on a forum looking for facts instead of speculation you’re in the wrong place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, goromajima24 said:

I mean its a little bit ridiculous that they can't set hard deadlines - there was none of this ambiguity with SAIS. ("Mid-March" is not a hard deadline)

Yes, but when you think about it, I'm sure it's largely dependent on the number of applications they get. Honestly I haven't heard back from half of my schools so I don't think this is a SIPA specific problem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.