Jump to content

2021 Application Thread for Communications Program


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone, My admission cycle has officially come to an end after getting accepted to NYU's MCC Ph.D. program. I received a call a couple of hours ago and I am still processing this new real

Oh my god all this talk of UPenn is making me nervous. I really like their program so they're my #2. But in happier news I got in to George Mason today! 

Admissions Update: I got into Rutgers!! Rutgers was the only school I applied to so I was nervous waiting to hear back. I am relieved that I was accepted and can't wait for recruitment day in Mar

Posted Images

I know I'm applying to different programs than most of y'all, but this thread is so comforting and I'm rooting for each and every one of you! :) impatiently waiting on 2 more decisions and any funding info

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, knight26 said:

I know I'm applying to different programs than most of y'all, but this thread is so comforting and I'm rooting for each and every one of you! :) impatiently waiting on 2 more decisions and any funding info

for those of you who have applied before, is there any kind of general timeframe where funding info would be provided?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2021 at 9:48 PM, graycoffee said:

I got an admit a few weeks ago, but I'm waitlisted for funding. I'm trying to work something out, but right now it's super up in the air. What program are you going for?

Congrats on your acceptance! I got into the comm program. What about you? Will you be at recruitment day tomorrow?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2021 at 2:13 PM, jujubean said:

So exciting to see everyone's acceptances roll in -- congrats to all who have heard good news!

I've been a bit more unlucky -- the ones I've heard back from so far have been rejections. Those include:

  • USC
  • NYU MCC
  • Penn State
  • UT Austin

Which just leaves me waiting for Alabama. Fingers crossed!

Fingers crossed! You've got this :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KatGrad757 said:

Did anyone apply to any programs at Northwestern or Georgia Tech? If so, have you heard anything from either school yet?

I'm still waiting for Northwestern. They said they would inform us by the end of this week.

Also, is there anyone still waiting for Penn State after attending the Open House? They sent out rejection letter already, but I haven't received them yet. So I hope it's good news.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, KatGrad757 said:

Did anyone apply to any programs at Northwestern or Georgia Tech? If so, have you heard anything from either school yet?

Hey, I applied to the Digital Media program at Georgia Tech and had an interview on 2/22. Did not get a rejection or an offer yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone! Just wanted to share my application statuses so far:
 

- UT Dallas Arts Technology Emerging Communication: accepted with funding

- MIT Media Lab: rejected

- ASU Media Arts and Sciences: N/A

- Georgia Tech: had an interview on 2/22

- UCSB Media Arts Technology: N/A but they say results will be announced early March.

 

If anyone applied to a similar program at ASU and heard back I'd love to hear since it's my top choice!
 

Edited by gizemnoktay
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Natt223 said:

I'm still waiting for Northwestern. They said they would inform us by the end of this week.

Also, is there anyone still waiting for Penn State after attending the Open House? They sent out rejection letter already, but I haven't received them yet. So I hope it's good news.

You probably got into Penn State! I got my rejection letter last week after attending the open house. I knew it was a very competitive program, but it definitely stung. I hope you get in!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Natt223 said:

I'm still waiting for Northwestern. They said they would inform us by the end of this week.

Also, is there anyone still waiting for Penn State after attending the Open House? They sent out rejection letter already, but I haven't received them yet. So I hope it's good news.

Yea, I hope we hear back from NWU later today. Fingers crossed!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gizemnoktay said:

Hey, I applied to the Digital Media program at Georgia Tech and had an interview on 2/22. Did not get a rejection or an offer yet.

Yea, thats the same program I applied to. I didn't get an interview request which worries me... Georgia Tech is my #1 pick. I did speak to a lot of faculty members and I was a GA Tech focus scholar so I'm still hopeful. I applied to 2 programs at Tech actually. Fingers crossed for good news!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gizemnoktay said:

Hey everyone! Just wanted to share my application statuses so far:
 

- UT Dallas Arts Technology Emerging Communication: accepted with funding

- MIT Media Lab: rejected

- ASU Media Arts and Sciences: N/A

- Georgia Tech: had an interview on 2/22

- UCSB Media Arts Technology: N/A but they say results will be announced early March.

 

If anyone applied to a similar program at ASU and heard back I'd love to hear since it's my top choice!
 

Also, I definitely with I applied to UT Austin's and UT Dallas' media PhD programs. Are you a MA or PhD application for these programs? Just curious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, KatGrad757 said:

Also, I definitely with I applied to UT Austin's and UT Dallas' media PhD programs. Are you a MA or PhD application for these programs? Just curious.

All PhD programs! I had my interview with Dr. Yanni Loukissas at GA Tech, not sure if he is one of the names you spoke with. I hope we get some good news! What is the other program you applied to?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone, just wanted to ask did anyone hear from Florida State University regarding their Communication PhD program? I have contacted the admission today but I am not getting any response. Shall I email the department coordinator?

 

P.S. I emailed the department coordinator a month ago and she referred my email to the head of the department who told me that they are shortlisting candidates for an interview and that they will make a decision by March

 

I also contacted CU Boulder two days ago and yesterday but again no response. Emailed both the graduate admission and the department coordinator. 

 

Advise anyone?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2021 at 12:52 PM, Larik001 said:

Hey everyone, just wanted to ask did anyone hear from Florida State University regarding their Communication PhD program? I have contacted the admission today but I am not getting any response. Shall I email the department coordinator?

 

P.S. I emailed the department coordinator a month ago and she referred my email to the head of the department who told me that they are shortlisting candidates for an interview and that they will make a decision by March

 

I also contacted CU Boulder two days ago and yesterday but again no response. Emailed both the graduate admission and the department coordinator. 

 

Advise anyone?

Best advise is just to wait. They will give you an update when they have one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, chidi321 said:

Did anyone hear back from Northwestern over the weekend?

I had applied to the Screen Cultures program there. Yep, heard back on Sat. A rejection, as expected since I did not get an interview call earlier. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2021 at 12:38 PM, gizemnoktay said:

All PhD programs! I had my interview with Dr. Yanni Loukissas at GA Tech, not sure if he is one of the names you spoke with. I hope we get some good news! What is the other program you applied to?

Yea, I spoke with them. Sadly I received my rejection notification Friday evening. I was realllllly crushed but I have 3 offers on the table and Im still waiting on a few more. I'm still feeling very happy, grateful and relieved. I applied to HSTS too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KatGrad757 said:

Yea, I spoke with them. Sadly I received my rejection notification Friday evening. I was realllllly crushed but I have 3 offers on the table and Im still waiting on a few more. I'm still feeling very happy, grateful and relieved. I applied to HSTS too.

Ah, that is bad to hear but awesome you got at least three offers and for sure more than that! I thought of applying to HSTS, but then gave up. Where else are you waiting to hear from?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.