2020-2021 Application Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

JUST GOT A FULLY FUNDED OFFER FROM CONCORDIA!!!!!

I just got a call from the program director for Government & Social Policy at Harvard letting me know I've been accepted! Really can't believe it, I had completely given up hope for this cycl

I JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM USC WITH FELLOWSHIP AAAAH (still have to put it in the survey) 

Posted Images

On 2/17/2021 at 7:37 AM, Saina92 said:

Hi Icemanyeo,

I saw someone had posted a rejection result in Result Search section, so I checked my portal and it said " Regrettably we cannot offer you an admission. A clarification has been sent to you". I have not received any emails though.

I feel you 🥺

Did they say why they rejected your application? 😕

5 hours ago, IvanC said:

I feel you 🥺

Did they say why they rejected your application? 😕

Thank you Ivan,

My POI told me the number of students accepted this year were very few (due to pandemic). He also said most of them were Canadians and the faculty could not afford as many international students as the previews years. The surprising point is that my POI and I were almost sure about me being accepted but it did not happen! ☹️

It feels terrible but I think we should stay hopeful 👍

1 minute ago, Saina92 said:

Thank you Ivan,

My POI told me the number of students accepted this year were very few (due to pandemic). He also said most of them were Canadians and the faculty could not afford as many international students as the previews years. The surprising point is that my POI and I were almost sure about me being accepted but it did not happen! ☹️

It feels terrible but I think we should stay hopeful 👍

Thank God it had nothing to do with your degree. I’m pretty you’ll be accepted somewhere! 🤞🏻

Here’s to hoping next week is filled with acceptances for everyone!! 

I think everyone who’s waiting on Georgetown should finally hear (given what was said in the email). And, I’m strongly hoping we hear from Yale on Friday instead of the week after 🤞🏽

11 minutes ago, Polisci-PhD said:

I was accepted in Comparative Politics. 

Congratulations!!

My heart was broken after a professor who helped me A LOT said that he decided to leave UT and retire because I told him that I did not want to apply there (I am an international student, and I am not sure I would like to fund 100% of my Ph.D. fees). I have been feeling shitty since then💁‍♀️

8 minutes ago, Taaya said:

Congratulations @Polisci-PhD ! If i may ask please, when did you apply and are you an international applicant? Thanks

No, I am Canadian and I applied in early January. The acceptance email was unofficial. The official letter of acceptance and the funding information will be posted online early next week. 

11 minutes ago, Uberfloweret said:

Congratulations!!

My heart was broken after a professor who helped me A LOT said that he decided to leave UT and retire because I told him that I did not want to apply there (I am an international student, and I am not sure I would like to fund 100% of my Ph.D. fees). I have been feeling shitty since then💁‍♀️

I am sorry to hear that. I realize that the funding opportunities are more difficult for international applicants in Canada. I wish you the best of luck for the rest of the cycle! 

I know it's Saturday and all I can do is just wait, but I am struggling inside to wait patiently for Yale. I am super happy with and thankful for my offers I already have and don't want to come across as anything else. I just really love their program and think I have a really great fit so I'm still super hopeful for some positive news. Anyway, I guess I just wanted to vent my feelings to people I know will understand me :)

55 minutes ago, smaug said:

Yale grad school will release all decisions at the same time by email. POIs are not supposed to contact anyone until after that happens.

despite having no evidence, I choose to wholeheartedly believe this claim so I can go back to doing homework. bless you mountain king