2020-2021 Application Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

JUST GOT A FULLY FUNDED OFFER FROM CONCORDIA!!!!!

I just got a call from the program director for Government & Social Policy at Harvard letting me know I've been accepted! Really can't believe it, I had completely given up hope for this cycl

I JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM USC WITH FELLOWSHIP AAAAH (still have to put it in the survey) 

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, idonknow said:

I've got rejections from all the other schools, and the UIUC waitlist is my last hope. However, since it's almost April, I think I should move on to plan B. I feel sorry for my recommenders, advisor, and my parents, who have supported me...sad

There's nearly a month until the decision deadline so don't lose faith. Chin up.

6 hours ago, idonknow said:

I've got rejections from all the other schools, and the UIUC waitlist is my last hope. However, since it's almost April, I think I should move on to plan B. I feel sorry for my recommenders, advisor, and my parents, who have supported me...sad

So, it may not work this year but (a) it may work out next year, (b) the people who supported you did so because they wanted to and hoped for the best for you. Good luck with everything, but don't feel too down (especially this year when there are fewer slots for more applicants). 

On 3/18/2021 at 9:34 PM, MEESASOBOREDSA said:

Has anyone received any news from York.... I have zero patience. It is almost April!

Pretty sure @becalmbekindbesafe heard from them a couple weeks ago? It might be worth emailing the dept at this point

Edited by polisci_gal
5 hours ago, Angelo X said:

Hi, did anyone hear anything back from Vanderbilt? I haven't received anything yet, and maybe I should email the dept to find out whether my email was missing

Nothing from Vanderbilt, they said we would have the rejections by the 18th but it looks like they did not meet their deadline

On 3/22/2021 at 12:28 PM, skullkid said:

Did NYU took our rejections letters hostage? what-is-the-deal with them. We are beyond the point of "millenials cant take a little wating time". 

I feel the same way about UCLA! Not a peep from them and it's been over 3 weeks since I last emailed them and they said they were slowing rolling out decisions

On 3/22/2021 at 4:30 AM, Angelo X said:

Hi, did anyone hear anything back from Vanderbilt? I haven't received anything yet, and maybe I should email the dept to find out whether my email was missing

23 hours ago, Luxlux said:

Nothing from Vanderbilt, they said we would have the rejections by the 18th but it looks like they did not meet their deadline

I got my official rejection last night 

5 hours ago, MEESASOBOREDSA said:

Guys, would it be weird to send an e-mail to program director/coordinator to ask whether they assessed international applicants or when I should expect to hear from the department? 

If you're talking about York-- I emailed them recently, and they told me they hope to get back to international applicants in the next few weeks.  

1 hour ago, StarkDark1 said:

If you're talking about York-- I emailed them recently, and they told me they hope to get back to international applicants in the next few weeks.  

Hello! Yes,indeed, thats what they have told me too. Lets wait for some time and keep each other informed if we get an update!

On 3/21/2021 at 6:56 AM, sherlock holmes/M said:

Hi all, anybody hear back from Kent state university?? please let me know! 

I just heard an unofficial offer today- hopefully you will hear soon!

On 3/21/2021 at 6:56 AM, sherlock holmes/M said:

Hi all, anybody hear back from Kent state university?? please let me know! 

I forgot to ask-- did you apply to the PhD or the MA? I applied to the PhD. 

2 hours ago, Camilleigh said:

I forgot to ask-- did you apply to the PhD or the MA? I applied to the PhD. 

Thank you. for PhD. So it seems I  was rejected, since i didnt recieve anything. will you accept it? 

If anyone has an offer from Washington University in St. Louis and is not planning to accept, please let them know. I am on the wait list (IR/CP) and will be eternally grateful! 

Hey yall, I got off of the waitlist at Maryland as well this week and am likely to accept their offer after speaking with my advisor. I plan on declining my Illinois offer soon, hopefully that helps one of you guys! Thanks to those who made it possible for me to get off of my waitlists, and thanks for all the support on this forum and good luck to all ❤️