Jump to content

Biomedical Science PhD Applicants (Fall 2021)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got accepted to NYU Vilcek!!!! It was the only school that gave me an interview and literally all other schools rejected me but I don't care anymore because I am getting my PhD!!!!  

Does anyone know how competitive interviews will be this year? I've received 10 invites so far, but decided to decline three offers because I'm still waiting to hear back from a few other program

Hi guys, I hope you don't mind if I rant a bit. I guess this entire cycle has just been really hard. I received my waitlist from BU (where I currently work, got my undergrad and masters degree from AN

Hello everyone, Nice to meet you all! This forum has been great for tracking grad school interviews so just thought I should contribute. Here are the list of schools I have applied to and their current stats:
Yale BBS- interview phone call received December 17th, interview dates:  Feb 11-13

Columbia pathobiology and molecular medicine- interview received December 17th, interview dates:  Feb 4-5

University of Chicago cancer bio-interview received December 14, interview dates:  Jan 21-22

University of Pennsylvania CAMB- interview received December 12 (in spam), interview dates:  Feb 18-20

UCLA molecular and medical pharmacology -interview received December 21, interview dates:  Feb 8-12

Northwestern DGP- interview received December 21, interview dates: Jan 14-15, jan 28-29, feb 11-12

MSK GSK- interview received December 21, interview dates:  Jan 12-14

UCSF- rejected December 17th (I grew up in the Bay Area so this one really hurt)

Harvard BBS- seems like a no go :(

UCSD BMS- haven't heard back either

Weill Cornell BCMB- losing hope for this one as well

NYU tumor immunology- probably not going to happen 

MIT biology

Johns Hopkins CMM

Brown Pathobiology

Stanford Cancer Bio

I hope we all hear back from some more programs soon. Wishing everyone the best of luck and congrats to everyone so far! :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Natural Killer Cell said:

Hello everyone, Nice to meet you all! This forum has been great for tracking grad school interviews so just thought I should contribute. Here are the list of schools I have applied to and their current stats:
Yale BBS- interview phone call received December 17th, interview dates:  Feb 11-13

Columbia pathobiology and molecular medicine- interview received December 17th, interview dates:  Feb 4-5

University of Chicago cancer bio-interview received December 14, interview dates:  Jan 21-22

University of Pennsylvania CAMB- interview received December 12 (in spam), interview dates:  Feb 18-20

UCLA molecular and medical pharmacology -interview received December 21, interview dates:  Feb 8-12

Northwestern DGP- interview received December 21, interview dates: Jan 14-15, jan 28-29, feb 11-12

MSK GSK- interview received December 21, interview dates:  Jan 12-14

UCSF- rejected December 17th (I grew up in the Bay Area so this one really hurt)

Harvard BBS- seems like a no go :(

UCSD BMS- haven't heard back either

Weill Cornell BCMB- losing hope for this one as well

NYU tumor immunology- probably not going to happen 

MIT biology

Johns Hopkins CMM

Brown Pathobiology

Stanford Cancer Bio

I hope we all hear back from some more programs soon. Wishing everyone the best of luck and congrats to everyone so far! :) 

Hey curious what time you received your DGP invite and if it was a mass invitation or personalized, I am hoping they aren't done it's my top choice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Natural Killer Cell said:

Hello everyone, Nice to meet you all! This forum has been great for tracking grad school interviews so just thought I should contribute. Here are the list of schools I have applied to and their current stats:
Yale BBS- interview phone call received December 17th, interview dates:  Feb 11-13

Columbia pathobiology and molecular medicine- interview received December 17th, interview dates:  Feb 4-5

University of Chicago cancer bio-interview received December 14, interview dates:  Jan 21-22

University of Pennsylvania CAMB- interview received December 12 (in spam), interview dates:  Feb 18-20

UCLA molecular and medical pharmacology -interview received December 21, interview dates:  Feb 8-12

Northwestern DGP- interview received December 21, interview dates: Jan 14-15, jan 28-29, feb 11-12

MSK GSK- interview received December 21, interview dates:  Jan 12-14

UCSF- rejected December 17th (I grew up in the Bay Area so this one really hurt)

Harvard BBS- seems like a no go :(

UCSD BMS- haven't heard back either

Weill Cornell BCMB- losing hope for this one as well

NYU tumor immunology- probably not going to happen 

MIT biology

Johns Hopkins CMM

Brown Pathobiology

Stanford Cancer Bio

I hope we all hear back from some more programs soon. Wishing everyone the best of luck and congrats to everyone so far! :) 

Hello! Congrats! For MSK, does it appear to be personalized or a mass email? Really hoping for this one..

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wiz1810 said:

Hey curious what time you received your DGP invite and if it was a mass invitation or personalized, I am hoping they aren't done it's my top choice.

My invite had the heading "Confirmation for Northwestern Driskill Graduate Program Interview Weekend" and had my name at the start the email. I am not too familiar with how Northwestern is sending out invites, but it seems like some schools are releasing them in waves due to delays with COVID. I wouldn't lose hope yet, and I really hope you hear back! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, biolgurl said:

Hello! Congrats! For MSK, does it appear to be personalized or a mass email? Really hoping for this one..

Thank you! :) The email did have my name at the top, but I just received this email at 4:17 today, so I would just keep an eye out on your email and maybe check junk in case. I really hope you hear back and goodluck! :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Natural Killer Cell said:

Hello everyone, Nice to meet you all! This forum has been great for tracking grad school interviews so just thought I should contribute. Here are the list of schools I have applied to and their current stats:
Yale BBS- interview phone call received December 17th, interview dates:  Feb 11-13

Columbia pathobiology and molecular medicine- interview received December 17th, interview dates:  Feb 4-5

University of Chicago cancer bio-interview received December 14, interview dates:  Jan 21-22

University of Pennsylvania CAMB- interview received December 12 (in spam), interview dates:  Feb 18-20

UCLA molecular and medical pharmacology -interview received December 21, interview dates:  Feb 8-12

Northwestern DGP- interview received December 21, interview dates: Jan 14-15, jan 28-29, feb 11-12

MSK GSK- interview received December 21, interview dates:  Jan 12-14

UCSF- rejected December 17th (I grew up in the Bay Area so this one really hurt)

Harvard BBS- seems like a no go :(

UCSD BMS- haven't heard back either

Weill Cornell BCMB- losing hope for this one as well

NYU tumor immunology- probably not going to happen 

MIT biology

Johns Hopkins CMM

Brown Pathobiology

Stanford Cancer Bio

I hope we all hear back from some more programs soon. Wishing everyone the best of luck and congrats to everyone so far! :) 

Is it confirmed that NYU sent out all invitations?

By the way, I am also waiting for JHU CMM program...

Edited by wwllq
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wwllq said:

Is it confirmed that NYU sent out all invitations?

By the way, I am also waiting for JHU CMM program...

Not sure about NYU. I did apply long before the deadline. I applied to the umbrella program at NYU - Vileck Institute. Haven’t heard back yet. I am an international applicant though!

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Research Enthusiast said:

Not sure about NYU. I did apply long before the deadline. I applied to the umbrella program at NYU - Vileck Institute. Haven’t heard back yet. I am an international applicant though!

 I am also an international student! I did not see an international applicant post in the result section (or maybe I missed?) so I was wondering if Vilcek will send invitations to international students separately or not. I submitted my application right on the deadline😅...

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Natural Killer Cell said:

Not confirmed, I just saw in previous posts that people had received interviews already and I haven't heard anything. Nice! I hope we hear back soon, JHU is a great program. 

Finger crossed! I applied to CMM and pathobiology programs. The admission website says they will send out invitations in December, so I'm little nervous now🙃...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2020 at 3:26 AM, jill1997 said:

 

Congrats! May I ask which track you mentioned in your UTSW application? Did you approach the PI through email? 

Thanks! molecular and cell biology track. and yes I emailed the PI saying im interested in their research and would be grateful for the opportunity to talk about the program and their lab, they answered saying they would like to meet and discuss research. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2020 at 9:56 PM, Research Enthusiast said:

Anyone applied to UT Austin - Pharmacology and Toxicology?

Any news?

 

I applied to UT Austin Molecular Biology but still have not heard back, the status page says sent to admissions committee for review. Its been like this for about a week but nothing yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been lurking for a while, but I thought I should pitch in and share my applications experiences so far. Thanks to everyone who has already done so, it's been great to get all the updates!

Here are the interview invites I've received so far:

UPenn BMB, received December 13th

Baylor CPSP, received December 16th

Harvard BBS, received December 18th

UMichigan PIBS (Pharmacology) , received December 19th

Gerstner Sloan Kettering, received December 21st

UTHealth/MD Anderson, received December 21st

 

I'm still waiting to hear back from Rockefeller and University of Washington. Did anyone else apply for UW BPSD? Any invites from that program?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ssrour98 said:

I applied to UT Austin Molecular Biology but still have not heard back, the status page says sent to admissions committee for review. Its been like this for about a week but nothing yet. 

Hey, I received interview invitation from UT - Austin for PhD in Pharmacology and Toxicology just 30 mins ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2020 at 7:38 PM, rvan said:

 

I applied to Camb. I'm sure all the camb invites have been sent out already but that's okay. I'll email anyway! 

I applied to CAMB CMP and have not heard back yet. I had an informal meeting with one PI from the program but I feel like it didnt go as well as other meetings that I have had from other programs, not a bad meeting but not as upbeat. Im hoping to hear back soon though so that I can stop speculating!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wwllq said:

Is it confirmed that NYU sent out all invitations?

By the way, I am also waiting for JHU CMM program...

I don't know exactly. I assumed NYU is a pretty popular program and if they had sent out all invites, more people would have been talking about it here. I submitted the applications to JHU right before the deadline so I don't expect to hear from them for a while. Good luck to both of us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, biochemguy said:

I've been lurking for a while, but I thought I should pitch in and share my applications experiences so far. Thanks to everyone who has already done so, it's been great to get all the updates!

Here are the interview invites I've received so far:

UPenn BMB, received December 13th

Baylor CPSP, received December 16th

Harvard BBS, received December 18th

UMichigan PIBS (Pharmacology) , received December 19th

Gerstner Sloan Kettering, received December 21st

UTHealth/MD Anderson, received December 21st

 

I'm still waiting to hear back from Rockefeller and University of Washington. Did anyone else apply for UW BPSD? Any invites from that program?

Can I ask what is your track for MD anderson ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.