2021 Chemistry PhD Admissions Results

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, This is it. It's February. We're all going to be hearing back a lot in the next few weeks.  Don't give up. We're so close. I hope that you all receive good news!! Good luck everyo

Apparently the ACS submission deadline for the spring 2021 conference is tonight at midnight, which explains why chemistry seems very slow today.  Remember to take a breath and keep things in per

There's delays this year across every department and almost every college. I've only really heard from a third of my applications, my friend has heard from 1/8 (in math), and some other chem majors I

Posted Images

4 hours ago, ChemBioApplicant said:

Nope not yet

Did caltech Thursday, nothing yet

same. hopefully they get to us soon. It seems like chem bio is the slowest to get back to us out of all the other sections

2 minutes ago, Atom345 said:

same. hopefully they get to us soon. It seems like chem bio is the slowest to get back to us out of all the other sections

We had something like 55 applicants between our two days whereas, from what I've gathered from these forums, other disciplines/divisions had ~35 so, im not surprised they're taking longer, just wishing we could know sooner. Caltech and Scripps really just have me sitting here refreshing alllllll dayyyy.

Just now, ChemBioApplicant said:

We had something like 55 applicants between our two days whereas, from what I've gathered from these forums, other disciplines/divisions had ~35 so, im not surprised they're taking longer, just wishing we could know sooner. Caltech and Scripps really just have me sitting here refreshing alllllll dayyyy.

Does anyone have any estimate of how many applicants they are going to accept?

3 minutes ago, ChemBioApplicant said:

Wait haha

55 people applied in total? Or out of the people that applied to chem bio, they only decided to interview 55?

The difference is crucial for my anxiety for the next few days LOL

1 minute ago, ChemBioApplicant said:

You wouldn't happen to know or have an idea of how many they might take? (Highly speculative ofc)

i have no idea and i can't find the info anyway! haha that is why i was asking. hopefully someone here knows

13 minutes ago, Zihao said:

My POI from Northwestern University wanted to have quick zoom call with me this week. Does anyone know what should I expect? Thanks.

I didn't apply to Northwestern, but I am currently attending for undergrad so I might be able to share any experience I may have had with your POI

9 minutes ago, ilovechem123 said:

Does anyone see this on their applyweb portal for UPenn? "A final, official transcript showing conferral of degree is required of all accepted students prior to matriculation."

I do not remember if this was on my portal before. 

Mine says this too! I think it doesn't indicate anything though, my overall status still says "ready for review"

2 hours ago, ilovechem123 said:

Does anyone see this on their applyweb portal for UPenn? "A final, official transcript showing conferral of degree is required of all accepted students prior to matriculation."

I do not remember if this was on my portal before. 

Mine says this as well. I received an open house invite today.

Edited by unorthodoxchemist22
1 hour ago, unorthodoxchemist22 said:

Mine says this as well. I received an open house invite today.

Hm I wonder if that means I will be receiving an open house invite. I wish I remembered if that was there the whole time. What division did you apply for? 

Just now, Beau said:

Do you basically have to be published to be admitted to a top ~15 organic program?

I wasn't published when I applied last cycle (I'm in grad school now and perusing through this thing to see how the COVID cycle is going), and I got into UCLA for organic and my application at Caltech (for organic) was also heavily considered there. 

For everyone in organic waiting for a reply from Berkeley, just got a reply from professor I had been in contact with, said if we didnt hear anything yet an acceptance is a long shot as all first round offers have been sent. Said theyre accepting a really small class due to COVID