2021 Chemistry PhD Admissions Results

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, This is it. It's February. We're all going to be hearing back a lot in the next few weeks.  Don't give up. We're so close. I hope that you all receive good news!! Good luck everyo

Apparently the ACS submission deadline for the spring 2021 conference is tonight at midnight, which explains why chemistry seems very slow today.  Remember to take a breath and keep things in per

There's delays this year across every department and almost every college. I've only really heard from a third of my applications, my friend has heard from 1/8 (in math), and some other chem majors I

Posted Images

2 hours ago, CoordinationChem said:

Can somebody please tell me the virtual visit dates for Berkeley, Caltech, UChicago, and Columbia?

Columbia: Feb 25-27 and March 11-13

UChicago: Their first visit was this past weekend. Second visit: Feb 26-27

9 hours ago, timothychem said:

Columbia: Feb 25-27 and March 11-13

UChicago: Their first visit was this past weekend. Second visit: Feb 26-27

Im assuming UChicago has already sent out all their acceptances then...

34 minutes ago, ashortchemist said:

Did anyone else get an email from CU Boulder inviting them to a recruitment event even though they haven’t been accepted yet? It seems really strange that they would send me this and then reject me but I did think I was rejected at this point 

I got the same thing and idk what it means either

Just now, ashortchemist said:

It would be kinda cruel to reject us after sending that. I don’t think anyone has even gotten in for organic yet 

Yeah I have no idea bc I know they sent out a bunch of acceptances early January but I didn’t know that organic wasn’t sent out yet. I was thinking of emailing to ask but at the bottom it noted that admissions can’t tell us anything and we need to check the portal lol

1 hour ago, ashortchemist said:

It would be kinda cruel to reject us after sending that. I don’t think anyone has even gotten in for organic yet 

Hi, I received an unofficial email notifying me of admission to CU Boulder on December 28, and I chose organic as my top-choice track. But unclear if that's what I was actually admitted for...

Has anyone heard anything about Dartmouth? I've heard from a biochem PhD there that that  department was doing their visit weekend last weekend. But I haven't seen anything about the chem department. Anyone know anything at all?

On 2/2/2021 at 6:33 PM, ilovechem123 said:

Does anyone know if decisions are still going out for UPenn and MIT?

Just got an email from UPenn's graduate admissions office when I asked about the status of my application and they said "Your application is under review. We do not have a set date for decision notification, but once a decision is made on your application you will be notified via email. Full disclosure, we have sent out Open House interview invites, but at times we do admit students after the Open House that are still under consideration."

1 hour ago, chem2021 said:

Yeah I have no idea bc I know they sent out a bunch of acceptances early January but I didn’t know that organic wasn’t sent out yet. I was thinking of emailing to ask but at the bottom it noted that admissions can’t tell us anything and we need to check the portal lol

My portal is also empty. But why would they invite us to a recruitment event if we were rejected? Honestly, I really doubt I would attend if admitted so I wouldn’t be upset if I was rejected but this is just weird. 

10 minutes ago, ashortchemist said:

My portal is also empty. But why would they invite us to a recruitment event if we were rejected? Honestly, I really doubt I would attend if admitted so I wouldn’t be upset if I was rejected but this is just weird. 

Yeah it’s very weird I wonder if it was sent out one day early lol and same but now I wanna know if I’m rejected or not 

1 hour ago, roderickrm said:

Does anyone know if Columbia is still accepting students? Haven't seen anyone got accepted for a while.

I'm still waiting for Columbia. Chemical physics though.

And I would assume that they've done with acceptance.

9 hours ago, ashortchemist said:

Did anyone else get an email from CU Boulder inviting them to a recruitment event even though they haven’t been accepted yet? It seems really strange that they would send me this and then reject me but I did think I was rejected at this point 

I got an email today from CU Boulder inviting me to a recruitment event, but I didn’t apply to the program.

Anyone got word on when Northwestern will be sending out rejections? They are a week late compared to last year and I want to give up hope already.

Did everybody receive their results for CalTech already?

I haven't received any emails yet, and ApplyWeb portal still shows "Submitted".

I know prospective students were already invited for interviews, but I'm wondering if anybody tried to reach out to the admissions office regarding the current status if they are still looking for students in PhD Chem.

I hope someone can answer! :)

EDIT:  My field is Organic/Nano/Materials :)

Edited by frozonecom