2021 Chemistry PhD Admissions Results

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, This is it. It's February. We're all going to be hearing back a lot in the next few weeks.  Don't give up. We're so close. I hope that you all receive good news!! Good luck everyo

Apparently the ACS submission deadline for the spring 2021 conference is tonight at midnight, which explains why chemistry seems very slow today.  Remember to take a breath and keep things in per

There's delays this year across every department and almost every college. I've only really heard from a third of my applications, my friend has heard from 1/8 (in math), and some other chem majors I

Posted Images

TL:DR; NYU's financial package can be about $52-$58k per year.

Just want to mention NYU's very competitive stipend and TA package.

4 years on package, but was assured no issue finding funding by the 5th year.

You have the normal tuition, fees, health coverage, etc.

Stipend over 9 months is around $30k. Increases about 2% every year.

TA'ing is not required. Instead, you can choose to TA for 4 semesters over 4 years.

This pays an additional $12-18k per semester depending on the workload.

Additional $1k grant for first year. Additionally, if you work as an RA over the summer, you get about $10k.

Overall, if you take advantage of all the options, the financial package winds up being $52k-$58k each year.

I haven't seen any other universities with such a competitive package.

Has anyone at all received a rejection from JHU? Haven't seen any posts of rejections on the results page, only acceptances. I received an email from a person in the department saying that if I haven't received an update yet than my application is still being considered. I know the deadline for most schools requiring a decision is coming soon so they can't possibly be considering their decision for much longer right? So frustrating...

Hi, has anyone applied for the Chemistry PhD programs at

1.University of Texas, El - Paso

2.Virginia Commonwealth University

3.Bowling Green State University, Ohio

4.Utah State University

5. University of Nevada,Reno.

I applied during the first week of March to these Universities. I'm very anxious since I've applied pretty late. 

Has anyone heard from the above grad schools? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 12:47 AM, Nightrestr said:

Tomthegreat and sleechem, are you considering accepting to the CA campus?

I just accepted the offer to Scripps! See you in La Jolla! 

18 hours ago, clairdelune said:

Has someone heard from BU ? almost two months ago the sent and email saying that final decisions would be sent out by the end of March. But I haven't heard anything yet. 

Hey! I got an interview request from BU on 3/4, was invited to the visit, then admitted on 3/16.  Based on previous tends, they have a habit of rejecting people after April 15, which is annoying. That being sad, if you don't get in, it might be for the best. The grad students seemed really really unhappy at BU. 

On 4/4/2021 at 12:46 PM, Chem91 said:

Hi, has anyone applied for the Chemistry PhD programs at

1.University of Texas, El - Paso

2.Virginia Commonwealth University

3.Bowling Green State University, Ohio

4.Utah State University

5. University of Nevada,Reno.

I applied during the first week of March to these Universities. I'm very anxious since I've applied pretty late. 

Has anyone heard from the above grad schools? 

I applied for UNR (March first week). Have you heard anything from the department?They emailed , "Final decisions will be made by or just a bit after April 15, 2021."

Just now, jayhanner said:

I applied for UNR (March first week). Have you heard anything from the department?They emailed , "Final decisions will be made by or just a bit after April 15, 2021."

Oh Okay. Thank u for the reply.

I hope we'd hear back from them within this week.  I have already got an offer and I wonder if its too late to expect offers from the rest of the schools. 

19 minutes ago, Chem91 said:

Oh Okay. Thank u for the reply.

I hope we'd hear back from them within this week.  I have already got an offer and I wonder if its too late to expect offers from the rest of the schools. 

Congrats! Yeah , let's see how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...