Fall 2021 Statistics/Biostatistics Applicant Thread

39 minutes ago, bayessays said:

It doesn't look like they're an April 15th school from the above CGS list -- this does impact your timeframe a little bit, but this doesn't seem sketchy at all.  Some schools give exploding offers they want you to reply to within a week or two, and that's what to really look out for as a red flag.  Realistically, you'll probably have your other decisions in hand by Feb 22nd and I'm guessing most schools won't be having in-person visit days anyways.  CSU is a really good department, and I think it's comparable to any school on your list and should be seriously considered even if you got into your other choices - especially if you like the outdoors.

Thanks for the input. I'm definitely considering the offer, although I will wait to see what other offers come in within the next month or so before making any decisions. I'm assuming other decisions should be coming within the next two weeks or so, so I'm not too concerned yet at this point.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got an offer from UT-Houston today!

@AngelaBiostats i think some places have rolling interviews. take this from the nyu comments  "We have begun sending invitations to interview and will continue to do so until the end of February.

I received my first acceptance today from Colorado State (Stat PhD) with a teaching assistantship offer! They specify in the email that I should notify them by February 22nd if I want to accept the of

15 hours ago, BL4CKxP3NGU1N said:

Thanks for the input. I'm definitely considering the offer, although I will wait to see what other offers come in within the next month or so before making any decisions. I'm assuming other decisions should be coming within the next two weeks or so, so I'm not too concerned yet at this point.

Congratulation on your success in admission! The committee must have been extremely impressed by your application given their surprisingly early decision! I also applied to CSU and wish I can hear from them too.

Does anyone know what the typical decision timeline is for Stats departments in the UC's (California)?  

I know it probably depends on the department but wanted see if anyone had any insight. 

Edited by bob loblaw
On 1/15/2021 at 3:15 PM, bob loblaw said:

Does anyone know what the typical decision timeline is for Stats departments in the UC's (California)?  

I know it probably depends on the department but wanted see if anyone had any insight. 

I would suggest looking over the results section and searching for the specific program of interest. That's how I am getting a sense of the timelines of the programs I applied to. 

21 minutes ago, confusedbear said:

I saw some admit/reject to NC State. Do they usually do in waves? I didn't hear back :(

It looks like in recent years there were at least a few acceptances spread out over different days.

I also haven't heard, and I was feeling (cautiously) optimistic about my chances there, so I'm also stressed now haha.

Just now, physics2stats said:

It looks like in recent years there were at least a few acceptances spread out over different days.

I also haven't heard, and I was feeling (cautiously) optimistic about my chances there, so I'm also stressed now haha.

"Cautiously optimistic" and now extremely stressed is exactly how I feel too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In any case, congrats on anyone who was just admitted :)