Jump to content

Criminology and Criminal Justice PhD F21


Recommended Posts

On 3/1/2021 at 3:56 PM, ssx1 said:

Hey guys! Thought I would pitch in 

Applied: University of Cincinnati, ASU, Rutgers, FSU, USF, George Mason, SHSU

Accepted with funding: University of Cincinnati, ASU, Rutgers, FSU, USF

Accepted no funding: George Mason

Haven't heard back: SHSU

So cool that you were accepted into ASU. I would have applied if I was not stuck in NYC. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nerdyjilly said:

So cool that you were accepted into ASU. I would have applied if I was not stuck in NYC. :)

Haha I'm not that far away from you, I'm currently in Philly! I'm pretty open to moving anywhere though :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2021 at 6:56 PM, ssx1 said:

Thank you so much! I honestly wasn't expecting more than one or two at the most and honestly, I'm super grateful for all of these potential opportunities! Any opinions on which is the best school in your opinion? I'm happy to hear from anyone! 

I’ve attending the B.S. program at FSU and the M.S. program at ASU.  Both are very different.  If you are interested in policing without a doubt ASU or Cincinnati.  ASU is extremely rigorous and challenging but worth it.  And although I wasn’t a huge fan of Phoenix it is better than living in Tallahassee (which is where I was for my B.S. at FSU).  It’s definitely very different than the east/north east.  FSU program is amazing and if you have a variety of things you’re interested in I think this program is perfect.  However, I wouldn’t voluntarily spend 5-6 in tallahassee in my early 20s.  USF is a great, growing program and it’s located in Tampa which has a lot to do and has a lot of young adults.  A little expensive compared to the rest of Florida (not as expensive as Miami ofcourse) so keep that in mind. Rutgers is also one of those places I would say you’re able to explore your interests.  They seem to have a great variety of faculty and research topics within the department.  I’ve also heard great things about the school.  A few of my ASU professors went there and obviously loved it.  Also a very rigorous program that will prepare you for the workforce and research.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kmailynne said:

I’ve attending the B.S. program at FSU and the M.S. program at ASU.  Both are very different.  If you are interested in policing without a doubt ASU or Cincinnati.  ASU is extremely rigorous and challenging but worth it.  And although I wasn’t a huge fan of Phoenix it is better than living in Tallahassee (which is where I was for my B.S. at FSU).  It’s definitely very different than the east/north east.  FSU program is amazing and if you have a variety of things you’re interested in I think this program is perfect.  However, I wouldn’t voluntarily spend 5-6 in tallahassee in my early 20s.  USF is a great, growing program and it’s located in Tampa which has a lot to do and has a lot of young adults.  A little expensive compared to the rest of Florida (not as expensive as Miami ofcourse) so keep that in mind. Rutgers is also one of those places I would say you’re able to explore your interests.  They seem to have a great variety of faculty and research topics within the department.  I’ve also heard great things about the school.  A few of my ASU professors went there and obviously loved it.  Also a very rigorous program that will prepare you for the workforce and research.  

Thank you so much for your detailed response! My top three choices currently are ASU, Cincinnati, and Rutgers, but I'm still waiting on the official funding package for Rutgers. I've heard similar things about FSU in terms of the area, but I think at this point, the two Florida schools are four and five on my list. I was really impressed with the quality of the professors and current students at Rutgers when I had my virtual visit day, so I'm leaning a bit towards them for now, but I still have to make my pros and cons list for each school and again, look at the funding packages and cost of living. Thanks again for the info! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2021 at 7:39 AM, ssx1 said:

Thank you so much for your detailed response! My top three choices currently are ASU, Cincinnati, and Rutgers, but I'm still waiting on the official funding package for Rutgers. I've heard similar things about FSU in terms of the area, but I think at this point, the two Florida schools are four and five on my list. I was really impressed with the quality of the professors and current students at Rutgers when I had my virtual visit day, so I'm leaning a bit towards them for now, but I still have to make my pros and cons list for each school and again, look at the funding packages and cost of living. Thanks again for the info! 

No problem! Rutgers seems like a great program.  I honestly would have applied there myself if I was okay with living in the city but I just didn’t think I could do it (Hence why I moved from Florida to Phoenix).  Good luck on your decision and if you have any specific questions about FSU or ASU feel free to ask :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 3:05 PM, legally.librarian said:

Has anyone applied to UMass Lowell? If so, have you heard anything? I'm starting to wonder if I'll be stuck in limbo forever lol. Thanks in advance.

If anyone was waiting to hear from UMass Lowell, I was rejected today.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.