Long time lurker; first time poster. It looks like there is some movement on the UCONN waiting list. It seems there are a few of us waiting to hear. The poster on the main admission results page noted they are likely to decline. If anyone has any insight to share, I would be grateful. Many thanks and good luck to all!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED TO BOSTON COLLEGE! I'm crying so hard. I'm so thankful and in disbelief, I've been shaking since I got the email. I'll be emailing shortly to take myself off of the UConn waitlist

Just got an email that I'm now at the top of the waitlist at Boston College. Fingers crossed! I'd love to see a five + year dream/goal achieved and never have to go through an admissions cycle again 🙃

Guys!!! I am in at UT-Austin!!!I cannot CANNOT CANNOT believe

I emailed the program I'm waitlisted at last Monday because at the end of February they told me to email them again "later next month" if I still hadn't heard anything. They still haven't responded to the email I sent on Monday. How long do I wait before trying to reach out again? They were super responsive and positive the first time I contacted them to ask about my application status so this is giving me bad vibes. 

On 4/4/2021 at 1:10 AM, Not_a_Robot22 said:

I emailed the program I'm waitlisted at last Monday because at the end of February they told me to email them again "later next month" if I still hadn't heard anything. They still haven't responded to the email I sent on Monday. How long do I wait before trying to reach out again? They were super responsive and positive the first time I contacted them to ask about my application status so this is giving me bad vibes. 

Were they on Spring Break last week? It was the week before Easter and that's sometimes a popular week for it. I'd say wait until the end of today and then email them again. Or try calling.

15 minutes ago, cassidyaxx said:

Just got an email that I'm now at the top of the waitlist at Boston College. Fingers crossed! I'd love to see a five + year dream/goal achieved and never have to go through an admissions cycle again 🙃

YES! This is such amazing news-fingers crossed for you!  😊

Just in case any of those who have been offered funding by Temple Eng. Dept and still have not accepted the offer is reading me, I would really appreciate that you decline the TA as soon as possible if you do not intend to attend. I am in a crossroads at the moment and I might lose the opportunity to start pursuing the PhD next Fall if any of you declines on 15th April or around that date. So please, try to be respectful in this sense (and same to any of those who don't really want to go to an institution but remain undecided. Your rejection might be very valuable for others).

Btw, @cassidyaxxcongrats! I'm so happy for you 😊🌠 Let's hope for the best.

I accepted an offer from the waitlist at University of Delaware, which was one of my top choices from the beginning - so everyone: don't lose hope! I think this will be a big week as far as people making choices, shifting lists, etc. 

I'm taking myself out of consideration at KU - hopefully that adjusts something for someone :)

Also, @cassidyaxxthat's amazing news! I'm sending very positive vibes for you (and I'm currently on the east coast, so they don't need to travel far!)

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED TO BOSTON COLLEGE! I'm crying so hard. I'm so thankful and in disbelief, I've been shaking since I got the email. I'll be emailing shortly to take myself off of the UConn waitlist and I hope this helps someone else out. Thank you all so much for your kind words and support through this whole process. It's especially wonderful because yesterday marked one year since my dad passed away, and I can't help but feel he's looking out for me.

32 minutes ago, cassidyaxx said:

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED TO BOSTON COLLEGE! I'm crying so hard. I'm so thankful and in disbelief, I've been shaking since I got the email. I'll be emailing shortly to take myself off of the UConn waitlist and I hope this helps someone else out. Thank you all so much for your kind words and support through this whole process. It's especially wonderful because yesterday marked one year since my dad passed away, and I can't help but feel he's looking out for me.

Congratulations! It's always so great to see people succeed after persevering through multiple cycles!

1 hour ago, cassidyaxx said:

CONGRATS! I am beyond thrilled for you, MUCH deserved! 👏😊

2 hours ago, cassidyaxx said:

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED TO BOSTON COLLEGE! I'm crying so hard. I'm so thankful and in disbelief, I've been shaking since I got the email. I'll be emailing shortly to take myself off of the UConn waitlist and I hope this helps someone else out. 

Congratulations Cassidy! What wonderful news! :)

3 hours ago, cassidyaxx said:

YESSSS CONGRATULATIONS! I have been anticipating this post for weeks and I am SO EXCITED to wish you a much, much deserved congratulations. So thrilled for you, you absolutely deserve this. Can't wait to read all the great scholarship you produce!!! And maybe see each other at conferences, etc. Take the time to celebrate, this is a huge and wonderful accomplishment. CONGRATS!!!

@WildeThing @Rehana202 @Warelin @Bopie5 thanks so much, everyone ❤️ I am beyond thrilled! I'll be celebrating with some tacos!! And I agree with Bopie, I can't wait to see what all of us achieve and I hope we run into each other one way or another in the academic world someday. I'm so thankful for the gradcafe community :)

17 hours ago, cassidyaxx said:

AAAAAA. So happy for you! Congratulations!!

On 4/7/2021 at 1:38 PM, cassidyaxx said:

GREAT NEWS!!! Congratulations!