Question regarding focal length

For a while now I would get frustrated with my William Optics Z61 scope thinking I didn’t have enough light capturing power to get most galaxies outside of the Milky Way. Last night it dawned on me that my 360mm focal length scope was the reason I could barely capture these DSO’s any bigger than a spec, let alone to get any detail with a galaxy like m106 or the pinwheel galaxy.

For deeper sky objects like these that are roughly 20 to 25 million light years away, what’s the minimum focal length needed to gather great details? Am I limited by my Canon t3i dslr as well since it’s not as sensitive as a cooled monochrome camera?

For now I’m assuming my 360mm focal length on my Z61 will have to stick with galaxies or Messier objects that are only a couple thousand light years away from earth

Any and all info is appreciated!

On 7/8/2021 at 2:15 PM, PristoMiky said:

For a while now I would get frustrated with my William Optics Z61 scope thinking I didn’t have enough light capturing power to get most galaxies outside of the Milky Way. Last night it dawned on me that my 360mm focal length scope was the reason I could barely capture these DSO’s any bigger than a spec, let alone to get any detail with a galaxy like m106 or the pinwheel galaxy.  vshare 

For deeper sky objects like these that are roughly 20 to 25 million light years away, what’s the minimum focal length needed to gather great details? Am I limited by my Canon t3i dslr as well since it’s not as sensitive as a cooled monochrome camera?  https://omegle.onl/

For now I’m assuming my 360mm focal length on my Z61 will have to stick with galaxies or Messier objects that are only a couple thousand light years away from earth

Any and all info is appreciated!

issue got solved!!