Jump to content

Permit to work in a non-teaching capacity

Recommended Posts

I obtained a non-teaching job after three years of teaching in Taiwan. The issue is that I'm concerned about my work permit application.
I understand that a bachelor's degree and two years of appropriate post-graduate professional experience are required. I moved to Taiwan shortly after college and began teaching, but I also worked online/part-time for a website in my home country (editing, proofreading, social media, and content writing) while in Taiwan. This is useful experience for my new job, and I believe it contributed to my success.
Is it, however, sufficient to obtain a work permit? Will remote working while I was in Taiwan as a buxiban teacher count? I could ask the website supervisor to state that my job was full-time, but will it be enough?
I'd love to hear from anyone else in Taiwan who has made the move from teaching to business work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.