Fall 2011

fadoesaudade

Been waitlisted there! Did they say how many people they are trying for in the cohort?

---

Anyone else visiting Stony Brook this weekend?

I see you've already accepted Stony Brook's offer, congrats. To answer your question, though, I think they accepted 4 people and that's the size of the class they're trying to bring in. Did you ever hear anything back from Rutgers? The open house was almost all other wait-lists so I have no idea what my incoming class will be like.

I see you've already accepted Stony Brook's offer, congrats. To answer your question, though, I think they accepted 4 people and that's the size of the class they're trying to bring in. Did you ever hear anything back from Rutgers? The open house was almost all other wait-lists so I have no idea what my incoming class will be like.

I never did hear anything back from Rutgers, no.

Nothing from UToronto or MIT at all.

Hi labiodental plosive, the MIT ling department has made all of its decisions several weeks ago. If you haven't heard anything, you should email the department -- there must have been some problem with the notification system. Good luck!

also -- congrats to everyone on your acceptances!!

Edited by fuzzylogician

• 3 weeks later...

Formally accepted Berkeley's offer of funding (notified at about 1:00 AM today CST) over UMass Amherst's offer (notified that I was off of their waitlist at about 3:30 yesterday) and Cornell's. I went from having one offer with funding to three offers with funding in about six hours on April 14. Let this be a cautionary tale to anyone who might think "they're definitely not going to fund/de-waitlist me, I should just accept [other place]!"

Formally accepted Berkeley's offer of funding (notified at about 1:00 AM today CST) over UMass Amherst's offer (notified that I was off of their waitlist at about 3:30 yesterday) and Cornell's. I went from having one offer with funding to three offers with funding in about six hours on April 14. Let this be a cautionary tale to anyone who might think "they're definitely not going to fund/de-waitlist me, I should just accept [other place]!"

Congrats!

thats great!! congratulations!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i got into teachers college at columbia!!!

i was accepted to umass boston a couple of weeks ago and i was waiting on tc and i got in!

now i don't know where to goooo.

Congrats! That's awesome!

Do you have the chance to visit either one? That would probably make the decision a lot easier!

Congrats! That's awesome!

Do you have the chance to visit either one? That would probably make the decision a lot easier!

Well, I've been to NY many times and I love the campus. I haven't been to Boston before so it's difficult to decide right now. I have to make a decision by Thursday too =/

Well, I've been to NY many times and I love the campus. I haven't been to Boston before so it's difficult to decide right now. I have to make a decision by Thursday too =/

Eek!

I'd select one of them and pretend you've made the decision in favour of it, then wait around and see how you feel about that. Repeat for the other. And remember that you can't go wrong either way!

• 8 months later...

Hello everyone,

I have not been active in the boards, but I have been following them. I thought it would be my duty to deliver you some unfortunate news.. Although I cannot be absolutely certain of hopefulapplicant's identity, I was also in attendance at the ucsd open house. Unfortunately, on the drive back home Friday night, she was involved in a serious car accident and passed away at the hospital. This was extremely shocking to hear, as she had such a bright future ahead of her and was an amazing person. Obviously I have not known her for a long time, but from meeting her, I could tell what a great person she was, and it is extremely painful for me to hear this news.

I thought everyone here also deserved to know, as she appeared to be pretty active in the forums, and I'm sure you all valued her friendship.

Once again, I cannot absolutely confirm her identity, but based on her acceptances and meeting her, I am almost certain that this is her.

I'm sorry to deliver such horrible news, but I thought it would be fair to share it, as I'm sure you are all wondering why she has not been active in the last few days.

I'm reading old threads and saw this. How tragic. I Googled her out of curiosity and came across these. It's been a year. May she rest in peace.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2011/02/hannah_bartle_asu_dies_405_crash.php

http://english.clas.asu.edu/accents2011s-bartle