2023 Admissions

I thought I'd start a new topic thread as admissions decisions start to roll in. I was surprised to get acceptances from both UT-Austin and University of Illinois this week (which was extra exciting because UT is my top choice!). I applied to Emory but since I haven't received an interview invite I'm assuming that I'll be rejected there. Who else has started hearing back about results?

I saw some Boston College rejections go out, and I have not stopped checking my email obsessively ever since. Put me out of my misery!! I think I'm still weeks away from hearing back from a majority of my schools based on timelines from previous years. UGH

30 minutes ago, zanthia122 said:

Yikes, where did you see the Duke interview posts? Sad that I haven't heard anything at all.

Just go back a few days. 

Duke (Literature PhD) Jan 6

Notre Dame (English PhD) Jan 17

Still haven't received from both and got rejected today from Emory (Comp Lit PhD)

5 minutes ago, DreamerForever said:

Just go back a few days. 

Duke (Literature PhD) Jan 6

Notre Dame (English PhD) Jan 17

Still haven't received from both and got rejected today from Emory (Comp Lit PhD)

Dang it, I’ve been checking English and not literature and completely missed those. :( Not Duke being my top program lol. There goes one of them I suppose.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems that so far UPenn has done interviews, though it's unclear if they have sent out rejections yet, same hat with Princeton. Brown has conducted interviews but has actually sent out some rejections. 

I haven't heard anything at all. I was actually surprised to hear that interviews were already happening. I am very close to a core faculty member at my institution's English department (which I didn't apply to) and they say there's still a lot to be done before decisions of any kind are sent out.