Sciences Po

joshc618

I am STILL waiting for the result of my first choice : ScPo-LSE dual degree in International Affairs, anyone on the same boat?

In Feb. they told me the result would be given soon after the 3.13 deadline; then last month, the answer changed to 'April'; However, just a couple of weeks ago when I asked them again the one who picked up the phone told me that I just need to wait maybe 2 weeks after 11, April. and guess what? Yesterday when I asked them again the answer was 'end of May'. God!

And I'd also like to ask you if the detailed admission status still show on your toapply webpage? Mine only shows 'program, date and payment stuff'

I asked a couple days ago about my decision, but I got no info.They did tell me the scholarship decisions will be out by the 10th of May. My topapply page changed to "your application has been submitted" when they notified me that my application was "admissible."

I asked a couple days ago about my decision, but I got no info.They did tell me the scholarship decisions will be out by the 10th of May. My topapply page changed to "your application has been submitted" when they notified me that my application was "admissible."

How long did you have to wait from the day you submitted your application before you were told it was "admissible"? I'm waiting on a decision as well...the wait is awful.

I can't believe how long they are taking. It seems they are trying to position themselves as one of Europe's big IR schools (particularly given the partnerships they have with LSE, Columbia, etc.). If they want to compete, then they've seriously got to start giving responses/scholarship info before potential attendees are required to make their attendance decisions for other schools.

How long did you have to wait from the day you submitted your application before you were told it was "admissible"? I'm waiting on a decision as well...the wait is awful.

My file was validated a month after I submitted it. Two days later it was admissible and given to the AdComm according to the email. And that was three weeks ago. I got my decision today.

I wish I had seen this earlier. I'll chime in with my experiences. I applied in November (of 2011) and received my an offer AND the Emile Boutmy Scholarship at the same time at the end of December. I must say it doesn't surprise me that they are giving everyone such a hard time with admissions.. This is just how French administration is. I will say that deciding where you go to graduate school based on lazy admissions is a mistake. I am in my first year in the Master in International Economy Policy and have had an amazing experience academically even though dealing with the administration is a pain. If you can look past ignored emails and them not answering your calls, the program is excellent.

PS my cohort started an "OccupyPipo" movement this year to show the admin that we expect international standards, not French standards. I think they recognized a lot of problems and are in the process of fixing them.

That's my two cents.

My file was validated a month after I submitted it. Two days later it was admissible and given to the AdComm according to the email. And that was three weeks ago. I got my decision today.

Hmm. My application has been "validated" since I submitted it, and that was about four weeks ago. Haven't received an email about it being "admissible" or anything - it still just says Validated. Probably not a good sign, but thanks for letting me know your turnaround time!

I can just say that mine was "validated" almost the day I sent it in, then a month later I got an a second email saying it was validated. Like someone just said, the administration in any large french institution is just out of whack sometimes. I'm living in Paris now and I'm around Sciences Po students daily, french and american, and they all seem to say the same thing, admin is going to make you want to punch someone. So, if you think you have bad news coming, it is more likely they are just taking their time.

Edited by mwalk9682

Still waiting on Emile Boutmy.

I called Admissions the other day and spoke with someone who was rather nice but hadn't a clue as to when the results might be out. She said that I'd know by the "by the end of May", which, I suggested, was perfectly absurd given that that's the deadline for responding to the offer.

—"Well, you could just accept the offer now," she said, "and if things don't work out with the scholarship, decline it again later." There must be, I thought, some twisted logic to this that I wasn't seeing.

—"Is there a benefit to accepting now versus later?"

—"No, not really". Ah bon. "You might hear earlier, too, though".

So I'm a wee bit annoyed. They have to be aware that a lot of us are holding out on other things until we hear from them, right? That planning the next few months is that much more complicated without knowing for certain if we are actually going to Sciences Po.

I'll take May 10 as the next milestone based on what mwalk9682 was told.

Edited by atlantisliv

I will say that deciding where you go to graduate school based on lazy admissions is a mistake.

I'm guessing this was directed at me, which I suppose intellectually speaking is fair enough. Refer to my "context" bit earlier. But furthermore, I just find it impossibly arrogant on Sciences Po's part to assume that I, despite holding offers from other, equally reputable schools that I needed to accept/refuse by mid-April, was doing nothing but anxiously awaiting the result of their scholarship (and I didn't appreciate their stringing me along). Frankly, Sciences Po had been my dream school for years but my attendance was 100% reliant on that scholarship, so I couldn't afford to take the huge gamble of accepting their offer and hopelessly waiting to see if I can afford to go to graduate school.

Again, this was an entirely personal decision.

Edited by lecorbeau

Still waiting on Emile Boutmy.

I called Admissions the other day and spoke with someone who was rather nice but hadn't a clue as to when the results might be out. She said that I'd know by the "by the end of May", which, I suggested, was perfectly absurd given that that's the deadline for responding to the offer.

—"Well, you could just accept the offer now," she said, "and if things don't work out with the scholarship, decline it again later." There must be, I thought, some twisted logic to this that I wasn't seeing.

—"Is there a benefit to accepting now versus later?"

—"No, not really". Ah bon. "You might hear earlier, too, though".

So I'm a wee bit annoyed. They have to be aware that a lot of us are holding out on other things until we hear from them, right? That planning the next few months is that much more complicated without knowing for certain if we are actually going to Sciences Po.

I'll take May 10 as the next milestone based on what mwalk9682 was told.

I'm on the same boat. One day left according to that deadline though. Hopefully we can hear from them soon. However, as far as I have seen in the admission reply form, they don't require any financial deposit so in the worst case, we can always dumb them for the other choices. If anyone hears anything about the scholarship, please let us know. I'm sure many of us on this board are dying for the news.

Ditto on the annoying administration. I got so frustrated with their adcoms that I paid them a visit during my short visit to Paris last spring. Since I didn't know any French, I grabbed my brother who's been living in Paris for 10 years+ with me. Even he got troubled with their staffs/organization, so I guess I must prepare myself for even more hassles. One nice thing though, almost everyone I talked to at the school can speak at least some English so I may not be too lost there.

Anyhow, I assume that for non-Eu students, the maximum amount of scholarship you can get for a year is 10k (tuition) + 6k (living expenses). All non-Eu students are charged 13.500 Euros/year. Am I correct on the facts here? Can anyone clarify?

Also, their website says that

On an exceptional basis, a scholarship of 23,000€ may be granted to cover the two years of the Masters programme.

What is that supposed to mean? 23k/year or 23k for 2 years?

Edited by csnguyen

I just called them yesterday and they told me that the decisions have been made, but "not everyone has received the information" yet. The guy asked for my information and told me I should hear by tomorrow. Today is a holiday in France, so no chance of any news today anyway.

Anyone else hear anything?

I just called them yesterday and they told me that the decisions have been made, but "not everyone has received the information" yet. The guy asked for my information and told me I should hear by tomorrow. Today is a holiday in France, so no chance of any news today anyway.

Anyone else hear anything?

Is it safe to say that "hear by tomorrow" means hear by June? They told me my application was complete via email last week. I have a document tracker on one of my transcripts and the document has been opened several times within the past week, so it makes sense that they have made the decision.