Management and/or Organizational Behavior PhD thread

Hi guys,

I couldn't find a thread for management/OB phd programs so I thought I would start one. I applied to a handful of social psych programs as well as a handful of management/OB programs and I was just wondering if anyone else on this site applied to management or organizational behavior programs in business schools. Also, do you happen to know when interview invites are sent out or any other insider information? The business programs I applied to are as follows:

Columbia

Harvard

Stanford

Stern

WashU

Wharton

Best of luck everyone!

Hey.. I've applied to the management programs as well.. Haven't heard back from any of the 8 schools I applied to!

I also wanted to ask you if you received a confirmation email from Columbia? I received a confirmation email (one that confirms your application has been "submitted" and then one that confirms it has been "received") from every other school except Columbia. It does say "Application Submitted" when I log in though.

Thanks and all the best!

Hey.. I've applied to the management programs as well.. Haven't heard back from any of the 8 schools I applied to!

I also wanted to ask you if you received a confirmation email from Columbia? I received a confirmation email (one that confirms your application has been "submitted" and then one that confirms it has been "received") from every other school except Columbia. It does say "Application Submitted" when I log in though.

Thanks and all the best!

I did receive a confirmation email from Columbia, however, if it says online that your application was submitted, then I wouldn't worry about it. If you want to double check though, I would just call up the administrative assistant for the management program (or the entire doctoral program), explain your issue, and ask for him/her to confirm that your application was submitted.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I just received an email saying my application has been received and is complete.

Although it also said that the results will be out only in mid-end March :( The wait is killing me!

Have you heard from any of the other schools you've applied to?

Thanks! I just received an email saying my application has been received and is complete.

Although it also said that the results will be out only in mid-end March :( The wait is killing me!

Have you heard from any of the other schools you've applied to?

I received an interview invite from Harvard's joint psych/OB program, but other than that, no. Best of luck!!!

I just received an interview invite from Michigan's M&O program! My first piece of good news since I submitted my final application in early January.

Nice to see that there are other OB/Mgmt folks around here. Cautiouslyoptimistic, hope your interview with Harvard goes/went well!

I just received an interview invite from Michigan's M&O program! My first piece of good news since I submitted my final application in early January.

Nice to see that there are other OB/Mgmt folks around here. Cautiouslyoptimistic, hope your interview with Harvard goes/went well!

Congratulations on your interview at Michigan! My Harvard interview isn't until next week, so we'll see how it goes...

Did Michigan give you any indication about how many people they're interviewing? I applied to their program and haven't heard anything yet; probably a bad sign.

Did Michigan give you any indication about how many people they're interviewing? I applied to their program and haven't heard anything yet; probably a bad sign.

Nope they did not mention how many people. However, I talked to a current grad student last year about the admissions process and he said that what usually happens is that from a pool of 100+ applicants, they narrow it down to about 15-20 to interview and then a few who are finally accepted.

In other news, I also got an interview invitation at UT-Austin and London Business School.

Just FYI -- Stern doesn't interview, you just get accepted outright. I didn't hear from them yet, I'm just trying to organize some travel plans for something non-related in March and I wanted to make sure it wouldn't conflict with a potential interview date, so I contacted them and they said they don't interview.

How about Stanford and Columbia? Do you know if they interview? I applied to those schools too (i see they're on your list).

It's good to see more Mgmt/OB applicants here! Here's a list of schools I've applied to:

Columbia

Cornell - Johnson

MIT - Sloan

Berkeley - Haas

Northwestern - Kellogg

Chicago - Booth

NYU - Stern

WUSTL - Olin

I've also applied to 2 other PhD programs (non OB ones) and 2 Masters programs. I haven't heard back from ANYONE!!

Would love to hear more about where drmo & ApplicationsTakeTwo have applied :)

Nope they did not mention how many people. However, I talked to a current grad student last year about the admissions process and he said that what usually happens is that from a pool of 100+ applicants, they narrow it down to about 15-20 to interview and then a few who are finally accepted.

In other news, I also got an interview invitation at UT-Austin and London Business School.

Congratulations on the UT & London interviews!

On 2/2/2011 at 7:21 PM, Kiara said:

Thanks for sharing your list. Here's mine. I applied to many schools -- logistical nightmare!!

Applied: Stanford GSB, Berkeley Haas, Northwestern Kellogg, Michigan Ross, Cornell ILR, USC Marshall, UT-Austin, UCLA Anderson, Michigan State, WashU Olin, Penn State, Florida, Purdue, London Business School and NYU (Social Psych)

Interviews: Michigan, UT-Austin, London

On 2/2/2011 at 8:52 PM, drmo said:

Thanks for sharing your list. Here's mine. I applied to many schools -- logistical nightmare!!

Applied: Stanford GSB, Berkeley Haas, Northwestern Kellogg, Michigan Ross, Cornell ILR, USC Marshall, UT-Austin, UCLA Anderson, Michigan State, WashU Olin, Penn State, Florida, Purdue, London Business School and NYU (Social Psych)

Interviews: Michigan, UT-Austin, London

That IS a lot of schools! and congrats for your interviews!

FYI: I just saw 2 rejections for Haas M&O on the results page.. I think I just skipped a heartbeat! So freaking nervous!!

On 2/2/2011 at 7:21 PM, Kiara said:

I applied at Michigan, Cornell, Utah, Minnesota, Emory, WashU Olin, North Carolina, Penn State, South Carolina, Oregon, Indiana, Georgia, and Wisconsin (all PhD programs).

I wonder if the storm is slowing down the decision process for any schools?

Hi,

I am an international student and I applied to University of Pittsburgh OB & HR and WUSTL Olin Organizational Behavior.

I hope to hear from them asap. It is really hard to wait and checking the online app. sites simultaneously.:huh:

Good luck.;)

Patience. patience. patience.

On 1/17/2011 at 3:12 PM, cautiouslyoptimistic said:

Hi guys,

I couldn't find a thread for management/OB phd programs so I thought I would start one. I applied to a handful of social psych programs as well as a handful of management/OB programs and I was just wondering if anyone else on this site applied to management or organizational behavior programs in business schools. Also, do you happen to know when interview invites are sent out or any other insider information? The business programs I applied to are as follows:

Columbia

Harvard

Stanford

Stern

WashU

Wharton

Best of luck everyone!