Official HKS Thread

Elsa or whatever you call yourself, you are beginning to make me feel that you are jealous and you are not the kinda person the HKS is looking for.Thats not how you should behave if you think we are on this forum to encourage one another.Even if Kaka applied, you could not influence the Adcom's decision.How can what happens on this unofficial forum annoy adcom like you claim? do they make decisions based on what goes on here? I think you should worry about something else.

Kaka was just expressing his/her confidence.You sound like you are intimidated by the credentials s/he posted.

Everybody feels they will get into their respective programs and thats why they applied.

But kaka, I would advice you to know that there are hypocrites on this forum so just know what you post in order not to hurt someone like Elsa's feeling.Elsa's reaction to kaka's post is making me sick.

Goodluck to you all.

While I do think that some people are over-reacting, Kaka's posts aren't just about confidence (also look at his posts on some of the other threads). He methodically feels the need to drag people through the mud in order to assert his "confidence", and I definitely do think that such behavior is inappropriate.

I do believe Elsa's comments are more out of order then Kaka's. So what if he thinks he could get in. I think everyone who applies thinks they have a shot in getting in otherwise what's the point of applying. Everyone needs to just take a breather, especially Elsa. Seriously, you made the matter far worse then what it was. Plus, the person who he initially offended by Kaka's remark, should have spoken up. Elsa you're equally as bad as Kaka I think.

You are right, they are both bad, but that does not discourage anybody from getting into their programs,What kaka posted can not prevent anyone from getting into the program if they are a good fit and no one should blackmail anybody here if someone makes mistakes.

I have a feeling that kaka did not apply for the program or else, s/he would not be posting those stuff everywhere.S/he wants to know what to do to apply next time so lets ignore

his /her post .If s/he does the right thing and applies next time, I think s/he would be a strong but

now is the time for us to hope for good things, lets stop all these insults and keep our fingers crossed.

Goodluck to you all.

Edited by theguru

While I do think that some people are over-reacting, Kaka's posts aren't just about confidence (also look at his posts on some of the other threads). He methodically feels the need to drag people through the mud in order to assert his "confidence", and I definitely do think that such behavior is inappropriate.

Whatever it is that s/he posted, lets think about our own applications and if we think we can advice him /her lets do that instead of saying all these stuffs.

We are all here to help and not break anyone.I read through kaka's post and I can't see how s/he is dragging anybody in the mud.

Whatever s/he says does not affect your application so why are you worried about this kaka guy who might not even exist?

I think s/he getting too much attention which will make him or her think he is intimidating us..lets stop this issue.

Confidence or no confidence, decisions will be out soon.

Whatever it is that s/he posted, lets think about our own applications and if we think we can advice him /her lets do that instead of saying all these stuffs.

We are all here to help and not break anyone.I read through kaka's post and I can't see how s/he is dragging anybody in the mud.

Whatever s/he says does not affect your application so why are you worried about this kaka guy who might not even exist?

I think s/he getting too much attention which will make him or her think he is intimidating us..lets stop this issue.

Confidence or no confidence, decisions will be out soon.

P.S. I'm noticing that he's since deleted a good number of his posts. <_< Go figure.

P.S. I'm noticing that he's since deleted a good number of his posts. <_< Go figure.

Maybe he/she did not know how to use the forum interms of posting stuff. It happened to me sometime ago, I would post it and still think that it did not go through and post again.S/he might have noticed that they were too much.Even you greendiplomat, you are everywhere on this forum and that makes me feel like kaka is intimidating you.I have read your comments on every thread more than kaka's.

But my point is , even if s/he posts it 1000 times, it is the same thing and it will never affect the adcom's decision on any application.Besides, adcom even think people on this forum are just restless and have nothing else to do.Kaka seems to me like s/he is already in the HKS according to his status, some people are just ghosts on this forum

Another topic please!!!!!!

Edited by theguru

Maybe he/she did not know how to use the forum interms of posting stuff. It happened to me sometime ago, I would post it and still think that it did not go through and post again.S/he might have noticed that they were too much.Even you greendiplomat, you are everywhere on this forum and that makes me feel like kaka is intimidating you.I have read your comments on every thread more than kaka's.

But my point is , even if s/he posts it 1000 times, it is the same thing and it will never affect the adcom's decision on any application.Besides, adcom even think people on this forum are just restless and have nothing else to do.Kaka seems to me like s/he is already in the HKS according to his status, some people are just ghosts on this forum

Another topic please!!!!!!

Agreed that this thread is getting out of hand; I've sent you a PM.

In short, I don't think I've ever objected to quantity of posts, and I'm curious to see what made you think so. Rather, I'm objecting to his posts where he tells people not to apply to school X because they're not worthy, instead of giving constructive criticism on how they can improve their candidacy. That, in combination with his (deleted) posts from this thread is what moved me to take action to prevent these forums from becoming a hostile environment.

My friend told me that the emails are coming out next week. She said that her friend told her. Don't know if it's true since I heard it down the grape vine so to speak.

Give previous years' notifications and this year's earlier deadline, I think your friend could be on to something, down the grape vine or not. :)

Edited by greendiplomat

To Theguru and Ideathinker : you won't make me feel sorry for telling how badly I think about bragging, discouraging other people and using "racism" as an excuse for such a behavior. And sorry but it has nothing to do with insecurity or jealousy what so ever. When I came on this forum for the first time, it was for getting help, encouragements and advice. Some people are just harmful, like this guy's comments. At first, it actually depressed me, now I've decided to speak up and not to let them go away with it. Sorry if it's "over-reacting", I'm latin ;-)

Let's go back to the intial topic : HKS, I thought they wouldn't send out decisions until April?

My friend told me that the emails are coming out next week. She said that her friend told her. Don't know if it's true since I heard it down the grape vine so to speak.

Oh man, I hope so. The waiting is killing me. Last year the letters came out on March 17th, so it seems very possible they could come out next week, since the deadline was in December this year.

Damn you IdealThinker! Now I won't be able to get away from my inbox all next week. :)

Looking over the history of HKS notifications here, it looks like 2010 was ~3/18, 2009 was 3/22, and 2008 was 3/14, 2007 was 3/9 (or 3/13, or near there), and 2006 was 3/15. Yes, I've had some time on my hands. So, there's no precedent for notifications in the first week of March, but a couple things have changed this year, including the earlier app deadline and the elimination of extra essays. Where does that leave us? Hell if I know. The HKS website says they'll notify by March 31, but I don't know if we expect anything more unless one you fine posters has a friend on the adcomm? Care to do some reconnaissance work for the rest of us?

I know the waiting is killing me too. I just want to know if I get in or not, so that I can use my time and energy productively. It's like the world has stopped. I think it makes sense for it to come out next week or even the week after. Why would it take so long? I think they start assessing the applications as soon as they come in and don't generally wait until the deadline to review them. Just a thought.

I feel compelled to say sth—

To all—I understand how we all feel stressed waiting for the decisions and how we all wish our talents and experiences to be recognized—we all have shining background and it hurts when our proud experiences are ignored or derided. I think Kaka meant well and did not mean to offend anyone. Also he did contribute to provide suggestion or infor to us in some of the previous posts.

However to Kaka and Theguru, I do feel these two accounts belong to the same person judged by the styles of their posts…I think any person dedicated to politics should be frank and try not play tricks. We should treat each with frankness and sincerity. So if it is so, no needs to post posts in different identities.

Again I hope all of us can give kaka a break and trust his good intentions. And I also hope kaka to be frank on the other hand since I think you do have provided some untruthful infor. It is not necessary.

Edited by jessie121

I have no idea. I just followed the link landed me here :)

That said, has anybody been offered any kind of interview, even if it is on the telephone or does HKS not do that?

No interview yet. I was interviewed last year on 2/15/2010, but my application wasn't successful. This year I haven't been interviewed.

Thanks IdealThinker for the info.

I see a dip in productivity for me right here!

Edited by SubjectNotebook

Hi ....My first post in this thread though I have been reading all along. Does the March 31 deadline mean sometime before March 31 or after that?. I know it sounds silly but the waiting is really getting tougher each passing day. Hope that we all get in.

Hi ....My first post in this thread though I have been reading all along. Does the March 31 deadline mean sometime before March 31 or after that?. I know it sounds silly but the waiting is really getting tougher each passing day. Hope that we all get in.

sometime before. this week, if the rumors are true.