Official HKS Thread

Yes, plus the waiting can be a pain in the ass for those like me who are to quit their jobs... In my country you have to give a three to four months notice... :-(

I called them and they said ON March 31st. Arf, I guess they're just leading on poor international students ;-)

Yes, plus the waiting can be a pain in the ass for those like me who are to quit their jobs... In my country you have to give a three to four months notice... :-(

I called them and they said ON March 31st. Arf, I guess they're just leading on poor international students ;-)

I am lucky I have to give one month notice. But then visa process in my country takes around more than 3 months. My guess is 15th of March. My wish is tomorrow

I am lucky I have to give one month notice. But then visa process in my country takes around more than 3 months. My guess is 15th of March. My wish is tomorrow

Tell ma about it... They could at least give us a more specific timeframe for their decisions, not the day, but just an idea...:(

I'm going to be pessimistic and go for March 22, 5pm.

HKS admissions, Price is Right-style...

Let's hear your guesses when the first batch of emails goes out. Closest without going over wins

I'm going to say March 17th, 1 PM

Does any here know, based on last years process, exactly *how* Harvard will let us know about our decision? Will it be an email with a link to a website? Or will it say directly in the email what your decision is?

Or do they call you?

I just want to be fully prepared...... Thanks!

Does any here know, based on last years process, exactly *how* Harvard will let us know about our decision? Will it be an email with a link to a website? Or will it say directly in the email what your decision is?

Or do they call you?

For MPA/ID, last year there was an email from MPAID_Program@hks.harvard.edu with the subject "MPA/ID Admissions Message‏" the decision (waitlist, in my case), was in the email.

It will be an email. A few days later, admits do get welcome calls from current students, though.

Or do they call you?

It will be an email. A few days later, admits do get welcome calls from current students, though.

Zourah, you're on the inside--care to help a neurotic brother out? Has there been any notification to current students to prepare to make calls in the next few days? It seems like that normally happens over spring break, which isn't until week after next (I think?). Any intel you care to share?

I just checked out when applicants have heard back in the past:

2010: March 18 & 19 (Thurs and Fri)

2009: March 22 (Sunday)

2008: March 14 & 16 (Fri and Mon)

I would hate to be in the group that has to wait until Monday....I'm so sick of checking SPARKS that I set up an email filter. As soon as I receive an email containing the words Harvard, Kennedy to HKS, gmail will send me a text message. Wow...don't know if I should be proud of that.

I just checked out when applicants have heard back in the past:

2010: March 18 & 19 (Thurs and Fri)

2009: March 22 (Sunday)

2008: March 14 & 16 (Fri and Mon)

I would hate to be in the group that has to wait until Monday....I'm so sick of checking SPARKS that I set up an email filter. As soon as I receive an email containing the words Harvard, Kennedy to HKS, gmail will send me a text message. Wow...don't know if I should be proud of that.

Oh man, worst timing EVER for my charmingly rustic (read: internet-less) getaway. Would it be too pathetic to have a friend at home check my emails and text me at regular intervals??

Set up an email filter to text you. I got gmail to forward any emails with the word "harvard" in them to mycellnumber@vtext.com (or something like that. Each cell provider has a different format). Check it out.

Oh man, worst timing EVER for my charmingly rustic (read: internet-less) getaway. Would it be too pathetic to have a friend at home check my emails and text me at regular intervals??

Set up an email filter to text you. I got gmail to forward any emails with the word "harvard" in them to mycellnumber@vtext.com (or something like that. Each cell provider has a different format). Check it out.

Agreed, or if you're unsure of whether your cell provider provides such service, you could always go the more old-fashioned route of having a similar filter forward those emails to your friend, and have them text you. That way, you don't have to give your friend access to all your emails.

Edited by greendiplomat

Thanks, blingem and greendiplomat, I didn't even know I could do that. I set up the address, which works fine when I send an email directly from my own account, but the filter's forwarding doesn't seem to be working when I send myself a test email from another account. Might have to go with what greendiplomat suggests.

Alternately, it would be great if the email arrived before I went on vacation so I wouldn't have to mess with this. But I'm working on managing expectations...

Thanks again!

I've developed a Pavlovian response to the blinking red light on my Blackberry...

haha. i have my account set up to email me when this threat gets a reply. so everytime i check my email and see a bajillion replies, i'm like, is this the day? are people posting their admission decisions? lol.

Zourah, you're on the inside--care to help a neurotic brother out? Has there been any notification to current students to prepare to make calls in the next few days? It seems like that normally happens over spring break, which isn't until week after next (I think?). Any intel you care to share?

Sorry, not inside enough. I'm not part of the admissions process or student ambassadors...

Totally panicking right now - I just realized that, on my MPP application, I listed Democracy, Politics and Institutions as my PAC (Policy Area of Concentration), yet my statement of purpose was devoted to educational leadership and its place as a broad area of discipline (which is supposed to be Social/Urban Policy). Did this just mess up my chances? How stringently do they look at what we chose for PAC?