African American Studies 2011

I haven't heard anything. I had expected to have some word pro or con from Northwestern as well but my status on their page still shows that no decision has been rendered. Not sure at all what is going on at Harvard. Really hoping to hear something before the weekend.

Yeah, if past years are any indication, there should have been, or should very soon be, some calls. Hard to stop looking at my phone. Ugh.

Yeah, if past years are any indication, there should have been, or should very soon be, some calls. Hard to stop looking at my phone. Ugh.

I haven't heard from Northwestern, however, I didn't apply to Harvard. I hope to start hearing decisions soon.

Just heard from Brown Africana studies via email directing me to check web site. Wait listed....so hope springs eternal!

Do grad programs usually send out acceptance notices in batches? I applied to Brown as well and I have not received an email yet. Although, I called the admissions office this week and they told me that admissions notices would be sent out by the end of this week...

Do grad programs usually send out acceptance notices in batches? I applied to Brown as well and I have not received an email yet. Although, I called the admissions office this week and they told me that admissions notices would be sent out by the end of this week...

It varies. Try logging onto your application and see if the decision is posted.

It varies. Try logging onto your application and see if the decision is posted.

I have been checking periodically since this morning but no decision has been posted yet. I looked under the "track your status" section. It seems I will just have to be a little more patient.

Did someone here post the Harvard African Studies Ph.D. acceptance? I'm confused by the "via website" note.

Wasn't me. It has been strangely quiet in the African American studies front so sooner or later someone has to tell us something. I'm still in limbo at NU with no status change on the web site. I checked my Harvard online application and nothing has changed.

Wasn't me. It has been strangely quiet in the African American studies front so sooner or later someone has to tell us something. I'm still in limbo at NU with no status change on the web site. I checked my Harvard online application and nothing has changed.

Good morning - Harvard does not (to my knowledge) have online admissions status tracking, so...yeah. Hmmm.

Same here, I haven't anything for Af Am yet at NU, which is weird. Do you think that they have informed all of their admits already?

Same here, I haven't anything for Af Am yet at NU, which is weird. Do you think that they have informed all of their admits already?

I really can't even speculate but I will... I would imagine that if it were the case that they have informed everyone the easiest thing to do would be to change the web site and let the rejected know something. I guess someone could call...any takers?

I really can't even speculate but I will... I would imagine that if it were the case that they have informed everyone the easiest thing to do would be to change the web site and let the rejected know something. I guess someone could call...any takers?

True with the exception of abolitionista, she has already heard from NU. That's why I was asking that, but of course, you have a point. I am moved to believe that there is still hope looming.

Update: I just contacted Northwestern spoke with Majorie, the graduate program assistant, she informed me that all decisions have been made. She said to check the "Applyyourself" portal and decisions should be there; however, after checking both the "Applyyourself" portal (no decision link) and the "Gradstatus" (the GATS, app tracking system) it still shows that a decision on my application hasn't been rendered.

Have others checked their status at all? I called the department at 2:12pm (CST), its now 2:28pm.

Update: I just contacted Northwestern spoke with Majorie, the graduate program assistant, she informed me that all decisions have been made. She said to check the "Applyyourself" portal and decisions should be there; however, after checking both the "Applyyourself" portal (no decision link) and the "Gradstatus" (the GATS, app tracking system) it still shows that a decision on my application hasn't been rendered.

Have others checked their status at all? I called the department at 2:12pm (CST), its now 2:28pm.

Hey, I just called Marjorie as well and she says that the decisions were entered yesterday and the system may be taking a while to upload them. She said to keep checking and if nothing is posted by tomorrow then to give her a call back.

Hey, I just called Marjorie as well and she says that the decisions were entered yesterday and the system may be taking a while to upload them. She said to keep checking and if nothing is posted by tomorrow then to give her a call back.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking, too. I should have asked if all of the admitted students were notified already. Well good luck, I really hope good news come out of this.

Checked the applyyourself site at 11:00pm (cst) and the bad news popped up. Well...maybe someone who cross applied to Brown will want to come to NU and I can get a spot there otherwise things are not looking positive. Good luck to everyone. I have to say that I'm pretty surprised by this decision.

I just checked mine too, got rejected! Maybe it wasn't the right fit for me, I thought it was. Anyway, 5 more to go. Getting worried.

Best of luck!

Hi Everyone,

I'm so glad to have this post. I was wondering, m41 did you get accepted to Harvard's Af-Am studies program? If so, was sub-field did you apply to?

Thanks!

Congratulations to all on the good news thus far and trust that good news is on its way for those of us still waiting\

Did someone here post the Harvard African Studies Ph.D. acceptance? I'm confused by the "via website" note.