African American Studies 2011

Just came home to a rejection from Harvard in the mail! O well... Good Luck to everyone else!

Sorry to hear that, I'm sure good news will come your way soon. I got rejected from Northwestern, I was sad at first, not too worried now.

So I couldn't stand the waiting and called the secretary at Yale Af-Am. According to her, the decisions have been finalized and are being forwarded by the DGS to the Dean for notification within the next day or so. She said she didn't have the info to distribute. So it looks as if the suspense will end by mid week I bet....Good luck

I called them Friday afternoon and was told that the decisions had been made and forwarded to the dean to be sent out but that had not happened yet.

Thanks for being on top of things! I am assuming notifications will be made this coming week?

My friend was admitted and she's up in the air about her decision, she has other options. I will keep you posted about her decision if you like. Hang in there, I'm on the wait-list lifeline too thus far.

Does anyone on the board know of an applicant accepted to Brown Africana studies and if so their thoughts about attending?

My friend was admitted and she's up in the air about her decision, she has other options. I will keep you posted about her decision if you like. Hang in there, I'm on the wait-list lifeline too thus far.

Thanks a bunch. I'd be interested in what she thinks about the program and what she ultimately elects to do.

I received an email from Yale yesterday to check the website. Perhaps, you can check the website and see if you decision is ready. We're pulling for you!

Has anyone on the board heard from Yale? I saw some rejections posted yesterday and two acceptances from a while ago but I have heard nothing...wonder if my application is lost in the ether???:unsure:

I received an email from Yale yesterday to check the website. Perhaps, you can check the website and see if you decision is ready. We're pulling for you!

Hey...I've checked the application web site literally a thousand times over the past couple of days, especially when I started seeing the results go up and nothing has changed. I guess I have to wait and see. Thanks for the positive thoughts!

What's going on with Cornell Africana?

Has anyone received either an admission or a rejection? I read a post saying that Cornell would be followed up with official letters soon and that their admit weekend would be the first weekend of March, which was yesterday.

But I still haven't heard anything from the department yet:( If anyone of you have any information or idea about cornell, please share:)!

• 1 month later...

This is probably just an example of morbid curiosity but does anyone know what went on at Berkeley Af-Am this season? I got rejected way back in February and I was convinced that maybe something was missing from my application. Whatever the case, I haven't seen anyone else claim admission or rejection? Any ideas? Congratulations to all by the way...