Met Internships

zoltan

I just got an email informing me that I am now a finalist. But it also says that they will notify me by the 13th of this month in case I need to attend an interview. So I don't know how many levels I need to pass yet :/

Oh and this is for the summer internship :)

I got the same finalist email informing me about interview decisions on the 13th. I'm assuming that there will be another cut before interviews and then a final decision by April 6th as they said in the original email. Good luck everyone!

Which internships were you applying for, artmuse and pallavi?

I'm starting to think that I've gotten slushpiled because of my no-name college again :/

Hey guys,

I got emailed saying that I am on a 'wait-list.' Never heard this term before, I assume it involves my name being on a list and an unspecified time of waiting, but other than that I am completely baffled. Could anyone furnish me with any information regarding my situation?

I applied for the summer internship in the textiles department and I picked the product development dept. as my 2nd option. I just graduated this december with a BFA from a very small school in Columbus, Ohio and that is a relief because then perhaps, it is based on merit rather than the prestige attached to one's school.

Hey guys,

I got emailed saying that I am on a 'wait-list.' Never heard this term before, I assume it involves my name being on a list and an unspecified time of waiting, but other than that I am completely baffled. Could anyone furnish me with any information regarding my situation?

A wait-list would mean that if an applicant who was interviewed and selected decided to turn the position down, or just did not pass the interview round, they would contact the next round of applicants on a wait-list.

I also received the finalist email today (around 5:50pm) for the graduate internship. From what I've heard, they only interview graduates if the department head hasn't met you already. Good luck everyone!

yes did any undergraduate student get it yet? I haven't heard anything yet.

I applied to the Met Summer Mentoring program for Juniors... Met Cloisters program. And Met unpaid program.

The Met unpaid had applications due today so that won't be for a while. The Cloisters said late february or early march so I assumed it'd be soon. And the Summer mentoring I assumed would be around now.

When I called two weeks ago they said they'd come out in 2 weeks so it should be this week...

Edited by Tomackze

I'm an undergrad, and I applied for the Summer Mentoring program, and I heard back yesterday morning. Success! I'll be interviewing next Monday!

I really didn't think I was going make it this far, I'm not exactly a minority (unless there's a shortage of pale brunettes from New England in the Museum world?) and I found a typo in my application about ten minutes after I submitted it. I guess you never know!

Edited by annarose12

Did you hear over email or phone call or something else? Darn it seems that they probably made the calls already then =(.

Yes they said they'd contact by march 1st 2012. That is disappointing then. I thought I would get an interview at the very least. I guess I wasn't diverse enough being a Classics Major (since the Greek and Roman Art section is usually very popular)

Also congrats by the way. Should have started with that

Edited by Tomackze

Thank you!

Did you hear over email or phone call or something else? Darn it seems that they probably made the calls already then =(.

It was an e-mail, though I had recieved phone calls about parts of my application (they only accept pdfs, and I sent jpegs). I made it very clear that I was applying to work with textiles, since the costume institute almost autonomous maybe different departments do things differently?

Edited by annarose12

Hey guys,

I'm from Poland and although undergrad, applied for paid graduate internship. So on the 1st of March I got a message saying:

Congratulations! You have been selected as a finalist for The Metropolitan Museum of Art’s paid summer internship in Arts of Africa, Oceania, and the Americas Conservation.

You will receive notification via email by March 13th if you will be asked to participate in an interview.

I am not sure how should I understand the above? I am a finalist but it's not sure if I will be interviewed? Then.. I am rather a semi- finalist, is that correct? I can't imagine NOT being interviewed as I live some 4,5 thousand miles away from NY and have never been to MET before. What is more I did not receive any news concerning the future phone talk yet, although it's already the 13th of March. I'm curious what do you think of my situation. Have I been rejected?

Thanks, Kyno :)

I didn't hear anything today so I'm assuming that this is the end of the road. If none of us got an email today then it's possible that they are just busy or disorganized, but I'm not too hopeful.

Okay so I just got an email a few minutes ago and it said that I am still being considered for a position and that they will let me of the hiring committee's decision by the 21st of March. Did anyone receive a final decision?

I got the following email :

I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected to participate in our summer intern program in Archives.

I would like to schedule a time to speak with you over the phone regarding the program. Please let me know if you are available at 10:30am Eastern Standard Time on March 22 for a phone conversation.

Thank you and congratulations!

I guess this means I'm already in?

Keep my fingers crossed for you, Pallavi!

Edited by kyno