MoMA and/or Whitney internships

ayan0624

2 minutes ago, mama said:

Yes I got this

Thank you for reaching out and following up. Your application was indeed received.

After careful consideration, we are unable to provide a placement for you in this September's class. All of the positions are now filled, but it was especially challenging to select final candidates given the number of excellent applications, as we did review each and every one. 

We appreciate your time and effort in applying, and wish you much success in your job search. 

Thank you for your interest in The Museum of Modern Art's 12 Month Internship Program.

OMG

At least I was expecting for that e-mail. I haven't received anything. When did you get it?

Anyway, best wishes for the next application :( 

I asked them a question and they responded with “all the positions have been filled”. 

7 hours ago, ymoi said:

Did you send them an e-mail asking them or they sent you this e-mail like that? Because I also haven't received anything for now at least. 

On 8/3/2018 at 4:02 PM, ymoi said:

ok, now I have a rejection letter too. :-D haha

is there anyone who got at least an interview?

Im not getting any letttttter 

Not even a no thanks letter ☹️ and, noup, I do not know anybody who has made and interview 

• 7 months later...
On 3/16/2019 at 8:33 AM, raye237 said:

Hi has anyone heard about interviews or anything from the MoMA and/or Whitney summer internships?

No, unfortunately... Haven't heard anything back from any museums, actually. None of them gave me any replies lolllll

I guess we should just be patient and wait, but the waiting is making me very anxious. Good luck to you!

1 minute ago, Twaqbelazim said:

Anyone heard anything from MoMA summer internship? I’m worried ah and I haven’t received any confirmation email except for the online one. 

I was contacted on Thursday for an interview scheduled next week... so close to the deadline 

Does anyone know how long it usually takes these museums to let you know after interviews?

I had a phone interview with the Guggenheim about two weeks ago, and they said they'd be interviewing until the end of the month. I know it's only been a few days, but my current internship needs to know if I'm continuing with them or if they need to find a new person. I would much rather work at the Guggenheim this summer, but am terrified I'm setting myself up to have no internship this summer.

17 hours ago, gilly said:

Does anyone know how long it usually takes these museums to let you know after interviews?

I had a phone interview with the Guggenheim about two weeks ago, and they said they'd be interviewing until the end of the month. I know it's only been a few days, but my current internship needs to know if I'm continuing with them or if they need to find a new person. I would much rather work at the Guggenheim this summer, but am terrified I'm setting myself up to have no internship this summer.

you can just tell the Guggenheim you need to know--if you're one of their top candidates they will just tell you/ask the other museum you already got offered the position with how long they can wait. I had a similar situation and the museum just called me and gave me an unofficial offer over the phone 

On 4/2/2019 at 7:25 PM, gilly said:

I interviewed with the Guggenheim two weeks ago as well and just heard back yesterday. I wasn't offered the internship, but I hope you get it!