MoMA and/or Whitney internships

ayan0624

I've applied for 12-month at MOMA (Drawings and Prints department). So far, didn't receive anything, unless the automatic application confirmation delivery:-( Still hoping...Please let know if anyone heard from them any updates...

On 01/08/2017 at 7:43 PM, Anchar said:

I've applied for 12-month at MOMA (Drawings and Prints department). So far, didn't receive anything, unless the automatic application confirmation delivery:-( Still hoping...Please let know if anyone heard from them any updates...

Don't think its a good sign that we haven't got an interview :( 

Hello everyone! I've applied to the 12 month internship at MoMA, but haven't received neither acceptance nor rejection mail. I'm wondering if it's a good idea to email to them requesting information about when they are going to notify about their decision 

38 minutes ago, drefee said:

I'd say go for it. at this point I'm just waiting for my rejection letter, but since they are late with that too, it couldn't hurt just to remind them...

This happened last year to my friend...be warned guys, don't think it'll be great news. 

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, ReichenbachFalls said:

Did anyone apply to the MoMA Spring internship??? Anxiously awaiting some news!

They don’t interview for spring until mid-November, but they will get back to you within a day or two if you’ve been accepted.

13 hours ago, modmuse said:

They don’t interview for spring until mid-November, but they will get back to you within a day or two if you’ve been accepted.

Thanks! I kinda figured as much, just wondering if anyone else out there can commiserate with me. The waiting game is my least favorite one to play. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2017 at 9:46 PM, ReichenbachFalls said:

Thanks! I kinda figured as much, just wondering if anyone else out there can commiserate with me. The waiting game is my least favorite one to play. 

Have you heard anything? Which department did you apply for? I applied for Architecture and Design, Drawings and Prints, and Photography!

On 11/8/2017 at 7:56 PM, ArtHistoryJunkie said:

Have you heard anything? Which department did you apply for? I applied for Architecture and Design, Drawings and Prints, and Photography!

Nope, not yet! I'm assuming requests for interviews will be coming out in the next week or so, since notification is *in theory, * Dec. 1!

I applied to Media & Performance, Painting & Sculpture, and Publications.  Best of luck!!!

8 hours ago, ReichenbachFalls said:

Nope, not yet! I'm assuming requests for interviews will be coming out in the next week or so, since notification is *in theory, * Dec. 1!

I applied to Media & Performance, Painting & Sculpture, and Publications.  Best of luck!!!

I had an interview this week! They said they will be making decisions in about 2-3 weeks. I hope you hear back!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

Are the interviews for Spring Internship still in progress? Has any of you been interviewed in the past few days?  I suppose the chances of being interviewed are getting slim...

Edited by Filmmaker

Hi there, I had an interview for Media and Performance Art two weeks ago and haven't heard anything back yet, although they said they would let me know the result before thanksgiving. Has anyone heard from them?

On 12/4/2017 at 7:20 PM, ReichenbachFalls said:

I have an interview in the AM with Media and Performance as well!

Ah! That is so exciting. I will be interning in the department of Architecture and Design this spring; hope your interview went well!

6 hours ago, ArtHistoryJunkie said:

Ah! That is so exciting. I will be interning in the department of Architecture and Design this spring; hope your interview went well!

It went very well, I received an offer letter last night! Congrats to you as well, definitely very exciting! I suppose I'll see you there! :) 

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, mel101 said:

Hiya! Did anyone apply to the Whitney, MoMA, or Guggenheim for 2018 Summer Internships? Just wondering if you've heard back for interviews yet, as it's coming to the end of March...

Hi! I had two interviews today with the Whitney for a summer curatorial internship. I did not apply to the MoMA or Guggenheim, but I am still waiting to hear back from the MET. The Whitney is my top choice though so I have my fingers crossed.

Edited by Photomontage

11 hours ago, Photomontage said:

Hi! I had two interviews today with the Whitney for a summer curatorial internship. I did not apply to the MoMA or Guggenheim, but I am still waiting to hear back from the MET. The Whitney is my top choice though so I have my fingers crossed.

Do you mind sharing what departments?

12 hours ago, Photomontage said:

Ah congrats on getting the interviews & good luck! I wonder if the Whitney departments contacted everyone for interviews at the same time, or if it differs depending on the department; reading the older comments on this thread, it seems like people were contacted for Whitney interviews during the last two weeks of March.

1 hour ago, mel101 said:

Ah congrats on getting the interviews & good luck! I wonder if the Whitney departments contacted everyone for interviews at the same time, or if it differs depending on the department; reading the older comments on this thread, it seems like people were contacted for Whitney interviews during the last two weeks of March.

I think it’s done department by department (or so I’m hoping). That’s the impression I got when I interviewed in the past, but I may just be trying to stay optimistic at this point...