MoMA and/or Whitney internships

ayan0624

5 minutes ago, modmuse said:

I think it’s done department by department (or so I’m hoping). That’s the impression I got when I interviewed in the past, but I may just be trying to stay optimistic at this point...

Thank you! I'm also trying to stay optimistic haha. What departments did you apply for?

5 hours ago, modmuse said:

I think it’s done department by department (or so I’m hoping). That’s the impression I got when I interviewed in the past, but I may just be trying to stay optimistic at this point...

What department were you applying for in the past? And was it for the summer as well?

Prewar and no, it was for spring last year. I ended up getting an offer that was paid at another big nyc museum right after the interview so I told them I wouldn’t be able to do both. I hope that didn’t burn any bridges, this is my first time applying again since.

On 3/20/2018 at 4:47 PM, mmel said:

Hiya! Did anyone apply to the Whitney, MoMA, or Guggenheim for 2018 Summer Internships? Just wondering if you've heard back for interviews yet, as it's coming to the end of March...

I heard back from the Guggenheim on March 28th to schedule an interview, nothing from the Whitney or MoMA yet. I'm assuming that they began their interview process but still waiting for a nice surprise :/ 

1 hour ago, mjm234 said:

I thought the MoMA was letting people know April 6?

If its any help or use -I interviewed with the MoMA last week and they told me that they likely are not going to be sticking to that deadline (I assume it might differ from department to department).

5 hours ago, nothankyou said:

If its any help or use -I interviewed with the MoMA last week and they told me that they likely are not going to be sticking to that deadline (I assume it might differ from department to department).

Which department/s did you interview for?

On 3/30/2018 at 6:33 PM, mjm234 said:

Hey, has anyone heard back about the Whitney summer internship? They said they would notify applicants by March so I'm nervous and I haven't heard anything yet!

Hey, I had my interview two weeks ago via Skype. 

2 hours ago, borjan123 said:

Hey there fellow applicants! So it's the 6th of April, anyone heard back from MoMA today? I'm getting anxious while waiting!

I just got my rejection email today. So at least I won't have to wait and wonder anymore!

For the Whitney 2018 summer program: Has anyone who interviewed within the last two weeks heard any news -- rejected or accepted? // or do they accept everyone at once? 

Thanks!

Edited by grind

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2018 at 4:29 PM, carlotad said:

Did anyone apply to the 12 month internship at the Moma starting in September ? 

I applied on June 8th as well, but I haven't heard anything so far...but did you receive any automatic response saying your submission was successful or something like that? I didn't get any e-mail at all...

Edited by Lisa17

5 hours ago, Lisa17 said:

I applied on June 8th as well, but I haven't heard anything so far...but did you receive any automatic response saying your submission was successful or something like that? I didn't get any e-mail at all...

This is the automatic email I received:

Thank you for your email. This inbox is not monitored on a daily basis, and therefore you may receive a delayed response. If this is an inquiry, please note that many inquiries are addressed on our website in the FAQs. https://www.moma.org/about/get-involved/internships-faq. Otherwise, we will reply to you as soon as we can.

The application deadline for the 12 month internships will be June 8, 2018 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time.

Thank you again for your interest in an internship at The Museum of Modern Art. 

Twelve Month Internship Program 
The Museum of Modern Art
12monthinternships@moma.org

On 6/18/2018 at 8:50 AM, carlotad said:

Did you have any news ?

I got an immediate automatic response saying they received my application. I got another email three days later asking me to sit down for a video interview which I did today. It lasted about 20 minutes. They said they are still reviewing applications so they'll let me know if a couple of weeks. Very nervous!!! Did anyone else sit down for an interview?? How was it!?

Edited by Tabnow