MoMA and/or Whitney internships

ayan0624

On 6/19/2018 at 3:58 PM, Mayab said:
This is the automatic email I received:

Thank you for your email. This inbox is not monitored on a daily basis, and therefore you may receive a delayed response. If this is an inquiry, please note that many inquiries are addressed on our website in the FAQs. https://www.moma.org/about/get-involved/internships-faq. Otherwise, we will reply to you as soon as we can.

The application deadline for the 12 month internships will be June 8, 2018 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time.

Thank you again for your interest in an internship at The Museum of Modern Art. 

Twelve Month Internship Program 
The Museum of Modern Art
12monthinternships@moma.org

Umh...thanks! I didn't receive anything...I wonder if the submission was successful at this point...

I also applied for the 12-month internship programs but I'm a bit discouraged. There will be probably 2000 (or more) people who applied for each position and they will hire only one applicant. I mean.... the chances to win, even though you may have the perfect essays and CV, are very very very small.

Is there anyone here who knows a person who has won?

Edited by ymoi

I also applied for the 12-month internship program! Has anyone heard from MOMA yet? I am also wondering if anyone knows if they are conducting Skype or in-person interviews? I will be traveling in a week and I am afraid to miss this opportunity in case I will be called for the interview...

On 7/6/2018 at 7:45 PM, AnaNY said:

I also applied for the 12-month internship program! Has anyone heard from MOMA yet? I am also wondering if anyone knows if they are conducting Skype or in-person interviews? I will be traveling in a week and I am afraid to miss this opportunity in case I will be called for the interview...

The deadline is 10th of August, so we have plenty of time to wait. :-))

• 2 weeks later...

In regards to Whitney I applied last year late in aug and was accepted for internship in sept but rejected it due to conflict

i applied this year to moma 12 month 

HAVENT HEARD ANYTHING! Not even an automated reply so I’m freaking out I’m giving till first of aug then I’ll apply to all my second options 

but i really want this. Please let me know if anyone heard back so I know ... someone was saying they didn’t send rejection letters last year so IF ANYONE HEARD BACK PLEASE LET ME KNOW IM SO ANXTIOUS

I’m looking at old posts and people were interviewed last year around a week / 2 week’s ago meaning if you haven’t heard anything it’s best to look for other options.  But that being said some lucky folks may get in without an insternship but it’s very competitive and even if   you’ve graduated from Harvard or Yale with a 4.0 GPA and had internships at other museums, it’s a difficult to get accepted. I remember meeting people from the Met including the current director of digital who years before couldn’t get an internship at the Met so don’t give up, I know I won’t ! There’s always next year and that means 12more months to polish yourself up !! 

Edited by mama

i hope not but it aint bright , at this rate interviews should be done and this week or next they send an email to their first choice and if they say no then they'll contact the second choice who they probably have interviewed as well

I called MoMA three weeks ago to make sure my application went through since I didn't get the automated response. The internship coordinator told me that at that point half of the departments have already chosen their "final candidates" and all the departments were expected to decide who they would take by the last Friday, July 27. I assume the museum has already sent out offers to those "final candidates" and is waiting for their acceptance (or decline). There's always a hope for sure until you get a rejection email, but changing gears towards some other opportunities might be more realistic for those who were not selected as a final candidate, including me :(

16 minutes ago, wiityee said:

I called MoMA three weeks ago to make sure my application went through since I didn't get the automated response. The internship coordinator told me that at that point half of the departments have already chosen their "final candidates" and all the departments were expected to decide who they would take by the last Friday, July 27. I assume the museum has already sent out offers to those "final candidates" and is waiting for their acceptance (or decline). There's always a hope for sure until you get a rejection email, but changing gears towards some other opportunities might be more realistic for those who were not selected as a final candidate, including me :(

oh, then we are doomed. :-(

6 hours ago, wiityee said:

Thank you for sharing this! It's very helpful. Switching gears ;)

On 7/30/2018 at 10:01 AM, wiityee said:

Do they send a reject e-mail?

I received a rejection letter :

Dear ___

Thank you for reaching out and following up. Your application was indeed received.

After careful consideration, we are unable to provide a placement for you in this September's class. All of the positions are now filled, but it was especially challenging to select final candidates given the number of excellent applications, as we did review each and every one. 

We appreciate your time and effort in applying, and wish you much success in your job search. 

Thank you for your interest in The Museum of Modern Art's 12 Month Internship Program.

23 minutes ago, MARIADURAN said:

Do they send a reject e-mail?

Yes I got this

Thank you for reaching out and following up. Your application was indeed received.

After careful consideration, we are unable to provide a placement for you in this September's class. All of the positions are now filled, but it was especially challenging to select final candidates given the number of excellent applications, as we did review each and every one. 

We appreciate your time and effort in applying, and wish you much success in your job search. 

Thank you for your interest in The Museum of Modern Art's 12 Month Internship Program.