NSF DDIG

spinnergal

Is everyone else still waiting to hear back at this point?

Still waiting. sigh. I did hear of three others who heard back last week - two positive and one negative. Getting carpal tunnel from hitting refresh so often!

Yes, I've heard of two people who heard yes last week, and three people who heard no. Still no news thought.... Others?

I applied to the physical anthro DDIG. Still no news :/. This will determine what I will do next semester (stay here in italy and study the bones? go back to the us to work?) and waiting does not feel good sad.gif

I'm guessing those who haven't heard are on some kind of wait list. Does anyone have information about this stage of the decision making or ideas about what timeline to expect?

wait for it..

205044_215569915135724_173673149325401_884071_5009208_a.jpg

Hey all, just thought I'd check in to say that I'm still waiting (cultural anthro and science and society), and I've found one more person who is also waiting to hear back from cultural anthro and another who is waiting to hear from law and society. Fingers still crossed, I guess!

I received a message earlier this week explaining that my application is in a "hold status" in case of budget developments. The email mentioned that the federal budget and the NSF budget are in a state of uncertainty, which may not be resolved before the next application round.

Has anyone else received this message? Any further thoughts on what this might mean?

I received a message earlier this week explaining that my application is in a "hold status" in case of budget developments. The email mentioned that the federal budget and the NSF budget are in a state of uncertainty, which may not be resolved before the next application round.

Has anyone else received this message? Any further thoughts on what this might mean?

I have no idea... And, I did not receive the message. I am writing to the program director to see what's going on, cause I have to organize my next semester soon!

I have no idea... And, I did not receive the message. I am writing to the program director to see what's going on, cause I have to organize my next semester soon!

Rejected sad.gif

Oh no! sad.gif Did you hear from them by email or did they only tell you when you called?

they gave me the answer and the comments in an unofficial way, and said the official letter will arrive soon...

(btw I am not happy with most of the comments... I expected a review like the ones you receive from AJPA when you send a paper, you know... down to the points. Not "the applicant did not address the osteological paradox" or "there are problems in inferring warfare from blade injuries"..)

• 3 weeks later...

they gave me the answer and the comments in an unofficial way, and said the official letter will arrive soon...

(btw I am not happy with most of the comments... I expected a review like the ones you receive from AJPA when you send a paper, you know... down to the points. Not "the applicant did not address the osteological paradox" or "there are problems in inferring warfare from blade injuries"..)

Sorry to hear that.

On this end, I'm still waiting. Anyone else...?

Just checked my fastlane and saw that my submission was listed as declined two days ago. I didn't get an email, though, which I did last time, so it might be worth keeping an eye on your status in fastlane. Sigh, here we go again...

Gah! I read your note jjo202 and went to Fastlane to check my status. Had to change my password since I'd forgotten the old one. I do all that and guess what? My status is still "Pending"!!! I submitted for a Feb 15 deadline!!! (Note: It does say that external peer review began on 4/7/11.) I am clearly rather annoyed with this and also very glad that I've secured other funding to start my research in the fall.

Anyone else still waiting?

Edited by msafiri

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to let the readers know that I heard yesterday that I have been recommended for an award! I hope such welcome news is headed to the rest of those still waiting to hear shortly! Best of luck!

Congratulations! Glad to hear the drawn out anxiety can have a happy ending!

Has anyone else here heard about the funding cuts the NSF might get in August -- specifically the Social, Behavioral and Economic (SBE) directorate? Here's a piece about it from the psychology community:

https://www.capwiz.com/fabbs/issues/alert/?alertid=51170521

"In recent weeks, a number of U.S. House and Senate members have been critical of the National Science Foundation, especially the agency’s funding of research in the social sciences. One Senator specifically called for the elimination of the Social, Behavioral, and Economic Sciences Directorate at NSF. Over the next several weeks, the U.S. House will vote on the appropriations bill that funds NSF. Amendments are expected to be offered during the full appropriations committee’s consideration of the bill scheduled for July 13 and again the first week in August when the bill is expected to reach the House floor."

• 7 months later...

Bumping this thread up to see if anyone knew when any of the review panels meet. I realize it'll be a few months until we get a decision (the website says within six months) but wanted to see if anyone knew anything about the panel meetings! (ps I applied for the law and social sciences one since they cancelled the sociology application for this cycle)

• 3 weeks later...