Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

I am so anxious for the first round to be over. I'm applying for an ETA in India. I wish my GPAs were good! Is it true that Fulbright doesn't care about GPA? That is what I was told at the webinar, informational seminar and by my FPA.

I am so anxious for the first round to be over. I'm applying for an ETA in India. I wish my GPAs were good! Is it true that Fulbright doesn't care about GPA? That is what I was told at the webinar, informational seminar and by my FPA.

From my understanding, the GPA is not as important as other parts of the application (like your essays + evals). They ask for your transcript and want to see that you've done well, but it doesn't play a huge role in the review process. In reality, it's hard to say what the screening committee looks for, but that's just what I've gathered so far. Hope that sorta makes sense!

ps - applying for an ETA to Kosovo :)

Hi all - I applied as an ETA to Costa Rica...very nervous. We did not do campus interviews at my school and my campus deadline was October 10th - very nerve-wracking because of one my references didn't submit until late at night on the day of the deadline! Any other ETAs to Latin America? I saw someone was applying for Colombia :)

I just want it to be January!

From my understanding, the GPA is not as important as other parts of the application (like your essays + evals). They ask for your transcript and want to see that you've done well, but it doesn't play a huge role in the review process. In reality, it's hard to say what the screening committee looks for, but that's just what I've gathered so far. Hope that sorta makes sense!

ps - applying for an ETA to Kosovo :)

Thanks for your reply. I just don't think a 3.0 is well. But I have practical teaching experience thru teach for America. Let's see what happens! Good luck to you :-)! I hope you get it. I want this ETA more than anything else in the world right now!

My next question is if anyone on this forum is a second time around applicant? I attended an informational seminar once where a scenario was given of a man who applied three times before receiving the scholarship! In just wonder how he improved his application to impress the committee ? I'm planning ahead, I suppose, if I don't get it this time around... There is always 2013!

Okay, I'm interested in whether anyone applied for the Diplomatic Academy Grant in Vienna, Austria. I'm also interested in whether anyone is familiar with the timeline on the application and what the reputation is for Austria in terms of getting back to applicants. I'm a bit nervous and just wondering if anyone else applied for this as well.

Hi all - I applied as an ETA to Costa Rica...very nervous. We did not do campus interviews at my school and my campus deadline was October 10th - very nerve-wracking because of one my references didn't submit until late at night on the day of the deadline! Any other ETAs to Latin America? I saw someone was applying for Colombia :)

I just want it to be January!

I didn't have a campus interview either, and my deadline was like the 11th... so I know exactly how you feel!!

So glad I found this forum! I'm a Colombia ETA applicant. Just had my campus interview yesterday. Mine was just the FPA and one professor, nothing too intense. Anyone else out there for Colombia?

HeyHey! I'm applying to ETA Colombia as well. My university does not hold campus interviews so lo hecho esta hecho as Shakira would say. anywho, i'm super nervous and hope that we both get it! now only to wait...

Hey everyone, this is my first post. I applied for an ETA in Thailand and the country doesn't require previous experience or knowledge of the language. I actually have quite a bit of teaching experience and I feel qualified, but I am a little worried that my interests for the side project will cause some friction if I make it to the second round. I am a psychology and gender studies major and I want to work with some NGO's focusing on trafficking of women. My sources on campus with experience in the country said it shouldn't be a huge deal, especially since it is my field of study, but I'm still worried. Anybody have any comments?

Also, anybody else apply to Thailand? Thanks!

Hola !!!!

Just applied for the ETA in Cantabria, Spain. I can't wait to find out if I get it or not !!! I am looking for people who have applied for Spain.......

Hola! I applied for ETA-secondary in Spain, hoping for Valencia... My friend suggested I start reading the Sp mag El Pais, it's at the campus library. Are you doing anything to get ready?