ford foundation fellowships

Guest guest

then i think we should get our letters saturday or very early next week, depending on what they mean by "later this week" and "immediately after"....

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest

I live in California, so I might get my letter a little later than those that live closer to the East Coast (that's where the Ford Foundation is, right?) and I was wondering if somebody could please post here when they receive their letter?

Guest guest

I think/hope we'll find out on Monday. I hope it's good news!!!

Does anyone here have any idea how many people typically apply for the award each year?

Guest guest

If they did actually make final decisions by the end of last week, and sent out notifications "immediately"...when do you think we'll actually get our notifications? I wonder how long it takes them to print out all the letters, mail them, etc. I think we should definitely find out this week...don't you?

Guest guest

When you post if you've received your letter, please indicate where you are (in the country).

Also, does anybody know how many people generally apply for this?

Guest guest

does the Ford Foundation have honorable mentions and/or alternates? some people will turn down the FF for the NSF, right?

Guest guest

"Letters containing notification of final fellowship application status

were sent via regular postal delivery between 4/7/06 and 4/11/06 to all

applicants."

Thanks, R! ;)

(I've been keeping up with the notification. Thanks for emailing them. I guess we'll find out certainly at the end of this week or early next week. They really should simply send us an email. It would be so much more efficient.)

Anyway, I hope we're both successful with this fellowship. (I think you have a really good shot considering your research and your field.) If not, I can only re-apply next year and hope for the best.

Alright, post when you get your results! I know it'll take longer to get here to me abroad, but still...

Guest guest

hey, K. :D

you know that i've been talking to myself in here for weeks...

i'll let you know as soon as i find out anything. i'm *really* nervous!

At least you emailed them... We'll have our response soon.

I understand your anxiety. I'm anxious but I have a nagging feeling that I didn't get it mostly because I didn't write the best research proposal as I could have. Oh well, I just know for sure that in my first year, I'm going to write the best possible research proposal ever! Ha!

I wonder how many people applied for this fellowship.

I think our chances are higher simply because this fellowship is geared toward a smaller demographic. However, I do think the competition was fierce. One of my recommenders sent out four letters for this fellowship alone. Maybe the people applying for this fellowship just don't frequent message boards.

I wonder if they sent acceptances first or rejections first or just randomly sent out responses. They really could've emailed. Jeez!

Guest guest

yeah...i emailed them. but not from my own email address, of course. b/c i'm wimpy like that.

i've learned that if one has 12 months of less in their grad program, they can (re)apply for the NSF, so i intend to do that. i feel like i was close (i got an honorable mention)...but not quite there. my advisor failed to send a letter on my behalf for that, but he got his shit together in time for the ford.

nobody in my department applied for anything.

Guest guest

i also wonder how they sent them out. i don't think i was in the first batch, or i'd have my letter by now. maybe it's alphabetical...

Guest waiting

I guess today should be the day for some people if it was mailed at the latest on the 11th and today is the 14th...

Guest guest

absolutely. i'm just glad i'm not waiting on the outcome in order to make my grad school decision! that would really be cutting it close.

Guest still awaiting.

Were are ya'll in the US, because the mail is coming from DC and it could take longer for some. I'm in TX and my mailman doesn't come until 5pm and it's only 2:11pm now.