PhD in Public Policy

anxious

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking this coming week will be key. We should hear from most places by March 15, and I bet some of these schools are coming back from break this coming week with admissions decisions on their agenda. In case you are waiting from for decisions from UT's LBJ school, I heard from a prof that decisions have been made, but not all acceptances communicated -- will be contacting students by phone.

reader, when did you get that email and is it for PhD in public policy or something else. I have applied for phd in public policy for population and pub policy cluster but haven't recevied any email of that sort.

Guest reader

I had written to them inquiring about something related to my application file, and they wrote back. They included that information in the email, just as added information. It is for PhD program in public policy.

I just called the Harris School and the lady asked for my last name but then told me that the decisions were not made and I should expect to receive an email.

Ooops! I meant the Heinz School and not Harris.. I think I'm becoming too nervous and stumbling over my typing as well as my words. God I can't take this any more :(

Guest sivan2004

I heard yesterday that I'm on the waitlist for Michigan's MPP. Does anyone have any experience with waitlists??

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cshsu

Hey, congratulations to those who have been admitted by the Public Policy or Public Affairs Programs!

Has anybody heard about the decision of Public Policy PhD from Georgia Tech?

My major fields were civil engineering in the college and transportation engineering in the graduate school. Although I have a M.S. degree and couple years for work experience, it seems not easy to get admission different from my academic background.

My GPA was not so great (college: less then 3.0, graduate school: 3.7), yet I have several credits related to policy and economy fields. Without remarkable work experience of public service, I've conducted a lot of international activities with cultural exchange though. I am now considering to re-apply to 2007 Fall programs, and I appreciate so much should any of you give me some advice, e.g. take some advanced credits in this academic area or...

Many thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shootermcgavin
Darn, shooter, I'm sorry. I agree with pace, do some publishing and advanced math courses while you're working on your master's and hopefully we'll see you soon. I kind of wonder about LORs - I've been out of school for a long time and only one of mine was from a professor - and not a superstar-type. The others were very positive, from high-level public official types. I think my SOP was stronger in my case, I have used RAND research so much on the job, I feel pretty in tune with what they do and where I can fit in, and I said so.

Guest - apparently I'm still on a waitlist at RAND? I've accepted my master's program already so I'm not exactly sure what is going on. I still intend on pursuing my Master's and re-applying in two years.