NATO Internship

josiewebb923

Hello - has anyone out there applied to the 2012 NATO internship program? We're supposed to hear back about whether or not we've been shortlisted by September. Has anyone done a NATO internship? If so, what's your background?

• 1 month later...

I applied as well and haven't heard a peep. Was searching the internet to see if anyone else had heard anything. Good to know that I am not alone!

They said late August/Early September so we should hear any day now. I still don't have a clear sense of the timeline though. I know that there are essentially 2 rounds...

I show many open applications-only one says "shortlisted"-all the others still read "application submitted"-maybe it's promising that they don't say "not shortlisted" (?). The notification under 'shortlisted' says we will be notified by the end of September-so only a few more days of the waiting game! Good luck!

I was shortlisted over two months ago. In some of the other various sub-divisions - not the one I was selected for - it still reads only "Application Submitted", while in others it says "Application Shortlisted" (don't know if that's helpful to anyone). I found out last week that I was selected.

I'm looking to connect with anyone else who has been selected... this forum seems to be the only one catering to 2012 NATO internships and NATO-provided information is a bit scarce at this point.

I was shortlisted over two months ago. In some of the other various sub-divisions - not the one I was selected for - it still reads only "Application Submitted", while in others it says "Application Shortlisted" (don't know if that's helpful to anyone). I found out last week that I was selected.

I'm looking to connect with anyone else who has been selected... this forum seems to be the only one catering to 2012 NATO internships and NATO-provided information is a bit scarce at this point.

In which division were you selected if i can ask?

First of all, it is unclear if we are talking about 'funded' internships here. Second of all, most candidates were notified 'over two months ago' that their application had been moved along in the process-not that it had been 'shortlisted'. Third of all, it would be helpful to know how this candidate was notified of their 'selection'-and what information they are looking for from a forum where quite obviously none of the members have been 'selected' yet.

Curious.

First of all, it is unclear if we are talking about 'funded' internships here. Second of all, most candidates were notified 'over two months ago' that their application had been moved along in the process-not that it had been 'shortlisted'. Third of all, it would be helpful to know how this candidate was notified of their 'selection'-and what information they are looking for from a forum where quite obviously none of the members have been 'selected' yet.

Curious.

I'll ignore your passive aggressive tone and answer the more non-accusatory questions...

Re: funded - No. The internship receives NATO's usual (small) stipend, but no institutional/governmental funding.

Re: shortlisted vs. progressed - I'm very happy for those candidates that did learn their applications progressed two months ago. I, however, did not. I speak only for my own situation here.

Re: notification - via e-mail, in the same manner one was notified of having been shortlisted. You have to log back on through the regular application system to accept/withdraw application. You have one week to do so.

Hi there! Could you tell be a bit more about the notification that your application has been moved along in the process? I never get anything like this...in fact, I have received no emails regarding my internship application at all - not even when I submitted it! I do have an account and everything, but have never been contacted. All I can see is " application submitted" on all divisions. That probably means bad news, but still, shouldn't they let us know in case our application hasn't been moved along? It's all very confusing :( best of luck to all applicants, hope you have a better idea of what's going on!

Hi there! Could you tell be a bit more about the notification that your application has been moved along in the process? I never get anything like this...in fact, I have received no emails regarding my internship application at all - not even when I submitted it! I do have an account and everything, but have never been contacted. All I can see is " application submitted" on all divisions. That probably means bad news, but still, shouldn't they let us know in case our application hasn't been moved along? It's all very confusing :( best of luck to all applicants, hope you have a better idea of what's going on!

Hi Sissi,

I received a few notifications. First, I received e-mail notification that my application had been received. Second, I received a separate e-mail notification each time I was shortlisted for a position. (This e-mail notification told me I had to "log on to provide feedback".) Finally, I received e-mail notification that my application had "progressed" and that feedback had to be given within a week. From there, things moved really quickly. When I logged in, one of the positions I was previously shortlisted for said "application selected". I had to confirm my interest. Now, the automated system says, "security clearance in progress" and NATO officials have been in touch with me (no more use of the automated system).

Hope that helps and good luck.

PS - If anyone else here is awarded an internship in the future (which seems possible given people have been shortlisted), please contact me!

Congrats on getting selected, identifyingdetailhere!

Could you please tell us something about your background and also in which division were you selected?

I have to admit that I find the entire timeline of the application process quite confusing. For example, I was anounced in my 'application received' email that I would find out whether I have been shortlisted by the end of Sept, not late August. Anyways, I hope that in the end we'll all have some good news to share.

Have a nice evening!

Congrats on getting selected, identifyingdetailhere!

Could you please tell us something about your background and also in which division were you selected?

I have to admit that I find the entire timeline of the application process quite confusing. For example, I was anounced in my 'application received' email that I would find out whether I have been shortlisted by the end of Sept, not late August. Anyways, I hope that in the end we'll all have some good news to share.

Have a nice evening!

- I'm not comfortable disclosing specifics given that the pool of accepted applicants is so small. I hope you understand.

- My bkgrd: undergrad and grad - both at Ivy-equivalent schools (non-US); trilingual; significant professional experience.

- I also found the process quite confusing.

- I'm not comfortable disclosing specifics given that the pool of accepted applicants is so small. I hope you understand.

- My bkgrd: undergrad and grad - both at Ivy-equivalent schools (non-US); trilingual; significant professional experience.

- I also found the process quite confusing.

Well, maybe not so much confusing as lacking in specific information/timeline...

Hi Sissi,

I received a few notifications. First, I received e-mail notification that my application had been received. Second, I received a separate e-mail notification each time I was shortlisted for a position. (This e-mail notification told me I had to "log on to provide feedback".) Finally, I received e-mail notification that my application had "progressed" and that feedback had to be given within a week. From there, things moved really quickly. When I logged in, one of the positions I was previously shortlisted for said "application selected". I had to confirm my interest. Now, the automated system says, "security clearance in progress" and NATO officials have been in touch with me (no more use of the automated system).

Hope that helps and good luck.

PS - If anyone else here is awarded an internship in the future (which seems possible given people have been shortlisted), please contact me!

Thank you for the information and congratulations for being selected! Just one question - could you tell me when you were shortlisted? Do you think this depends on the division?

Thank you for the information and congratulations for being selected! Just one question - could you tell me when you were shortlisted? Do you think this depends on the division?

Over two months ago. Definitely think it depends on division and what date (Sept, March) you selected. But that's only my $0.02, so take this with a grain of salt.