NATO Internship

josiewebb923

To all they who already have been shortlisted! Hi guys, did any of you get in touch with nato staff yet ? I have seen that you have been shortlisted since june and it might be right moment for you to be informed by nato for any interview or further assessment. I am interested just to understand the progress of application. Thanks and congratulations to all of you.

On 7/8/2017 at 2:01 PM, Barbarosa said:

To all they who already have been shortlisted! Hi guys, did any of you get in touch with nato staff yet ? I have seen that you have been shortlisted since june and it might be right moment for you to be informed by nato for any interview or further assessment. I am interested just to understand the progress of application. Thanks and congratulations to all of you.

I was shortlisted for one position in June and I still haven't gotten in touch with NATO

Hi guys I ve been following this forum since I applied to Nato internship and since you guys help me a lot to follow my application and status, I just wanted to inform you about my progress. I applied for Cyber Defence divison and got 3 shortlisted from the different departments of Nato on 21 june . One of my shortlisted was from Communication and Information system security Department and they called me for interview in last Friday.Interview was from the mobile phone and the call was from Belgium and it took around 10 mins and was about my previous experiences and motivation etc. and at the end  he did not tell about if I accepted or not to internship he just thanked me and then close the phone. I hope you guys will be shortlisted and Called too because even though I wont be accepted, having this kind of experience was wonderful and I hope you can have a chance to taste it too.

So these are the divisions that have already shortlisted their candidates (according to this forum):

• Arms control and co-ordination
  • Cyber defense
  • Communication and information

Has anyone been shortlisted for other divisions?

Edited by giorgissima

35 minutes ago, giorgissima said:

Spring 2018, you?

Me too, spring 2018. I asked because i found it a bit strange the shortlisted in 21 june. Based at what is written in website, the period for shortlist would be july/august. Any way, i hope that there will be still hope for us, the rest that have not been shortlisted yet

3 minutes ago, Barbarosa said:

Me too, spring 2018. I asked because i found it a bit strange the shortlisted in 21 june. Based at what is written in website, the period for shortlist would be july/august. Any way, i hope that there will be still hope for us, the rest that have not been shortlisted yet

I think most divisions still have to shortlist the candidates. I was shortlisted June 21 for Arms control and co-ordination, but that's just one division!

BurpSuite, Pp5678 thanks for sharing your interview experience so we more or less know what to expect! :)

Btw, has anyone been shortlisted for Emerging Security Challenges Division yet?

5 hours ago, aeme said:

BurpSuite, Pp5678 thanks for sharing your interview experience so we more or less know what to expect! :)

Btw, has anyone been shortlisted for Emerging Security Challenges Division yet?

I have been shortlisted for the ESC division since June

10 hours ago, giorgissima said:

So these are the divisions that have already shortlisted their candidates (according to this forum):

• Cyber defense

I've been shortlisted for two positions in Ops: Civil Preparedness and Operational Preparedness.

has anyone heard back from PASP? I had my heart set on the Middle East / Mediterranean Dialogue which dovetails w/ my background

Edited by narbit

4 hours ago, narbit said:

I've been shortlisted for two positions in Ops: Civil Preparedness and Operational Preparedness.

has anyone heard back from PASP? I had my heart set on the Middle East / Mediterranean Dialogue which dovetails w/ my background

it seem someone been shortlist for Arms control and coordination which is part of PASP 

6 hours ago, arrow1 said:

it seem someone been shortlist for Arms control and coordination which is part of PASP 

yep I was, but I don't know about the other positions. depends on the sub-domains I suppose!

On 2017-07-12 at 0:34 PM, giorgissima said:

• Cyber defense

I have been shortlisted for 3 positions. 2 of them in defence investment division and one - defence policy and planning division.

13 hours ago, giorgissima said:

yep I was, but I don't know about the other positions. depends on the sub-domains I suppose!

I am interesting what is your background? I also in PASP but I guess within the sub domain it is suitable for certain majors. 

10 hours ago, arrow1 said:

I am interesting what is your background? I also in PASP but I guess within the sub domain it is suitable for certain majors. 

bachelor degree in foreign languages and literature + master's degree in european and international studies + i wrote my thesis on the humanitarian consequences of nuclear weapons and the need for a nuclear ban (i don't know how much this weighed in the selection but yeah). I also did an internship at the Mission of my country to the UN in Geneva, in the disarmament office. so, as a natural consequence, my first sub-domain of choice was Arms control and disarmament :D

What's your background?

16 hours ago, giorgissima said:

bachelor degree in foreign languages and literature + master's degree in european and international studies + i wrote my thesis on the humanitarian consequences of nuclear weapons and the need for a nuclear ban (i don't know how much this weighed in the selection but yeah). I also did an internship at the Mission of my country to the UN in Geneva, in the disarmament office. so, as a natural consequence, my first sub-domain of choice was Arms control and disarmament :D

What's your background?

bachelor degree in Political science and just recently May 2017. I don't remember if you can choose your sub domain but I guess they figure it out based on resume and interest area. I wonder if they assign the sub domain to you or you choose which one is your prefer one. 

8 hours ago, arrow1 said:

bachelor degree in Political science and just recently May 2017. I don't remember if you can choose your sub domain but I guess they figure it out based on resume and interest area. I wonder if they assign the sub domain to you or you choose which one is your prefer one. 

You choose and rank your preferred sub-domains as you fill in the application.

hey guys, so i was checking my applications page (shocker) in the "Review communications" section and i noticed that except for the first two positions i applied for (IMS operations - "application received" and Arms control and co-ordination - "application updated"), the rest of them are empty? it looks like they haven't even received my application. can you check your application page and tell me if it's the same for you? thanks! 

1 hour ago, giorgissima said:

hey guys, so i was checking my applications page (shocker) in the "Review communications" section and i noticed that except for the first two positions i applied for (IMS operations - "application received" and Arms control and co-ordination - "application updated"), the rest of them are empty? it looks like they haven't even received my application. can you check your application page and tell me if it's the same for you? thanks! 

Same for me. Only under one division do I have 'application received'. All the other divisions say 'no communication'

On 7/12/2017 at 10:54 PM, adampe said:

I have been shortlisted for the ESC division since June

Hey guys, those shortlisted for the ESC, have you been interviewed?

Hello all. 
Just like most of you I also joined just for this discussion as it seems nowhere else is this internship discussed. 

I was shortlisted on 21st of June for 4 subdomains. My main domain is security, and I was shortlisted for ESC - WMDs, IMS Policy (2 different sections) and Security Intelligence branch. 

I see that in the previous years some people had to do an interview, but from what I could notice those were all positions in communications (or the alike). It seems that there is no way to find out if certain position has an interview as it hasn't been mentioned anywhere in the application. Either way, I haven't had one, yet uncertain if that should worry me or not. 

Best of luck for all!