NATO Internship

josiewebb923

1 hour ago, mariaed said:

Has anyone else received automated rejections from the internships (the deadline was the 17th of March)? Me and my friends are surprised as we expected to only hear back in June or July. 

Happened to me, I applied to the four positions this year. I already got rejection letters for all of the positions just two days after the deadline. It is very odd, as I was confident about my experience and language skills. Oh well, you never know.

hello everyone! so I noticed that they are already starting with the selections, seems weird since it's only March! How are your applications going? did you get rejections yet? or have your applications been update without any notification?

Edited by alex127

• 1 month later...

Hi. I applied for an internship at SHAPE, which is supposed to start in January, and they contacted me back 6 weeks after the deadline. I had a 10 minutes phone call with the director of the office, but since then I haven't received any news. It's been almost 40 days since the phone call and the director told me that they had to interview other candidates as well, but is this normal? Should I wait patiently or should I ask for informations? 

On 5/24/2019 at 7:49 AM, Julia92 said:

Hi. I applied for an internship at SHAPE, which is supposed to start in January, and they contacted me back 6 weeks after the deadline. I had a 10 minutes phone call with the director of the office, but since then I haven't received any news. It's been almost 40 days since the phone call and the director told me that they had to interview other candidates as well, but is this normal? Should I wait patiently or should I ask for informations? 

Hello Julia, I received an offer for the internship at SHAPE without any interview... Maybe you could try to write an email and ask if they are still evaluating the candidatures or you got rejected. Best of luck!

On 5/26/2019 at 12:10 AM, stvn12 said:

Hello Julia, I received an offer for the internship at SHAPE without any interview... Maybe you could try to write an email and ask if they are still evaluating the candidatures or you got rejected. Best of luck!

Hi stvn12. If I may ask you, when did you get the offer and, if it's not a problem to tell it, in which section? Thanks.

Edited by Julia92

17 minutes ago, Julia92 said:

Hi stvn12. If I may ask you, when did you get the offer and, if it's not a problem to tell it, in which section? Thanks.

the division is J5 in the plans and policy branch. What division were you interviewed for? I received the email last week.

Edited by stvn12

• 11 months later...

Hiyaa, I was also wondering if there will be a discussion for 2021! 

No news for me atm except that it was last updated on the 7th of May! I only applied to one position this year though (Emerging Security Challenges) so it may be different for other divisions!  What about you? 

Edited by pumpkinpuree

1 hour ago, pumpkinpuree said:

No news for me atm except that it was last updated on the 7th of May! I only applied to one position this year though (Emerging Security Challenges) so it may be different for other divisions!  What about you? 

Same position, same notification: last updated on the 7th of May. I am not sure if we were supposed to hear anything back from them or if it was just a general update. It is my first year applying so I have no idea how it is supposed to go. 

I applied last year to three positions and basically just after the deadline they have the prescreening - automatic rejection emails if you don't fill all the criteria. After that they have the pre-selection, from what I understand sometimes they ask for an interview but most often they don't. According to their timeline I guess we should be hearing back soon for pre-selections! As long as you can still withdraw it's a good sign ?

1 hour ago, pumpkinpuree said:

I applied last year to three positions and basically just after the deadline they have the prescreening - automatic rejection emails if you don't fill all the criteria. After that they have the pre-selection, from what I understand sometimes they ask for an interview but most often they don't. According to their timeline I guess we should be hearing back soon for pre-selections! As long as you can still withdraw it's a good sign ?

Oh ok so withdraw sign and no automatic rejection email is already a good sign so far ? let's see how it goes! best of luck!!

Edited by marie94

13 hours ago, jujubea said:

What are these internships and how did you find out about them?

Hi! They publish them once a year around March/April (on nato.taleo.net) ! There are internships located in Brussels at the main HQ but they also have internships in their military bodies. 

Edited by pumpkinpuree

7 hours ago, pumpkinpuree said:

Hi! They publish them once a year around March/April (on nato.taleo.net) ! There are internships located in Brussels at the main HQ but they also have internships in their military bodies. 

Do you know if they still have applications open for other internships in 2021 (other than the ones in nato.taleo.net)? 

17 hours ago, marie94 said:

Do you know if they still have applications open for other internships in 2021 (other than the ones in nato.taleo.net)? 

I'm not sure, you should check SHAPE internships but I think they were published around February. And I think everything is through taleo but then again I might be wrong ?

16 hours ago, gentvenus said:

Does anyone know what the remuneration is like for NATO internships?

For the internships in Brussels HQ it's €1070/month  but I don't know for other bodies

Hello! Glad that someone got this going. I also applied to two positions, one in mid April and one in later April. My first application was already updated twice, the last time was May 6. The second one wasn’t updated since I submitted. The withdraw button is still there. Did anyone get the automatic rejections like some people last year? 

On 5/18/2020 at 9:32 AM, pumpkinpuree said:

Did you guys get an update on May 26? 

On 5/21/2020 at 3:04 PM, pumpkinpuree said:

I'm not sure, you should check SHAPE internships but I think they were published around February. And I think everything is through taleo but then again I might be wrong ?

Thank you!

49 minutes ago, megynkelly said:

Did you guys get an update on May 26? 

Did you?

Edited by marie94

On 5/21/2020 at 3:04 PM, pumpkinpuree said:

For the internships in Brussels HQ it's €1070/month  but I don't know for other bodies

Nice. As a Non-EU resident, I am wondering if €1070/month is enough to sustain life in Brussels