NATO Internship

josiewebb923

Congrats and good luck to everyone! For those shortlisted in Operations Division- may I ask what sub-divisions you were shortlisted for? Also, has anyone applying to PASP heard back yet? My friend applied to PASP.... I can imagine it being the most popular division

22 hours ago, arrow1 said:

If I am right there is 120 spots available? The more popular the division the more time it takes to decide whether or not to shortlist them? I would assume you get shortlist early if you are going for internship in March? 

By the way, I think there are only 70 available yearly, not 70 per march/September cohort

Hi to everyone!

I have been shortlisted for Intenrship in "Plans and Policy" ( Do you know if in Brussel or in other country?) . What is the next step of selection? Because actually i'm intern for the NCI Agency and i dont know if i can partecipate to March 2018 Internship.

1 hour ago, arrow1 said:

I just interest in what division were you shortlist for? 

Hi! All three positions for which I've been shortlisted belong to the Management & Operations Support domain. What about you? Let's hope for the best and I agree with everyone saying that this forum has been super helpful so far. Thanks guys :) 

1 hour ago, narbit said:

By the way, I think there are only 70 available yearly, not 70 per march/September cohort

I think so too. The booklet says "NATO HQ’s internship programme involves approximately 70 interns per year"... 

28 minutes ago, Claudio86 said:

Hi to everyone!

I have been shortlisted for Intenrship in "Plans and Policy" ( Do you know if in Brussel or in other country?) . What is the next step of selection? Because actually i'm intern for the NCI Agency and i dont know if i can partecipate to March 2018 Internship.

If you got shortlisted for a position, they sent your application to the hiring officials after you've confirmed that you're still interested by pressing the 'confirm' button. The planning on their website indicates that we'll be notified via email about being selected or not in September/October 2017. Hope this helps! 

3 hours ago, arrow1 said:

Is that the NATO office of security division 

I think so, I chose division security and the sub domains to choose from included ESC, PASP and NOS, I got shortlisted for Security Policy.

3 hours ago, Pp5678 said:

Hi! All three positions for which I've been shortlisted belong to the Management & Operations Support domain. What about you? Let's hope for the best and I agree with everyone saying that this forum has been super helpful so far. Thanks guys :) 

I in the Political Affairs and Security Division. I think it a very popular one. 

4 hours ago, Pp5678 said:

Which ones, specifically? I got Civil Preparedness, Operational Preparedness, and OPS A.

Hey guys, 

I got an email two days ago (June 21st) saying that my application had progressed, so I logged in and saw that I was shortlisted for one division. I think it's very likely that some divisions haven't shortlisted their candidates yet but do you guys know what happens if you are not shortlisted? Do you get a  "Not shortlisted" or something next to your application? 

Tbh I can't believe this is the only place on the internet where the NATO internship is discussed :/

17 hours ago, Pp5678 said:

If you got shortlisted for a position, they sent your application to the hiring officials after you've confirmed that you're still interested by pressing the 'confirm' button. The planning on their website indicates that we'll be notified via email about being selected or not in September/October 2017. Hope this helps! 

ok, but do you know if there will be a internview? and what is the headquarter of the internship for my division?

3 minutes ago, Claudio86 said:

ok, but do you know if there will be a internview? and what is the headquarter of the internship for my division?

I'm curious about the interview part too. I think it goes without saying, but it wasn't mentioned in the vacancy, which is weird

7 hours ago, giorgissima said:

I'm curious about the interview part too. I think it goes without saying, but it wasn't mentioned in the vacancy, which is weird

There is no interview. Just getting security clearance.

8 hours ago, arrow1 said:

If you are shortlisted does that mean you are accepted into internship program? 

Not yet. Shortlisted will lead to being either selected or not selected in September/October. That is the final decision (save from security clearance of course)

9 hours ago, RLJ1874 said:

Not yet. Shortlisted will lead to being either selected or not selected in September/October. That is the final decision (save from security clearance of course)

ok any idea how it decided who should be shortlist? So there no interview? 

3 hours ago, KCWS93 said:

Actually, some divisions/positions DO ask for an interview process, just so you are all aware.

Where did you see that. There is 0 mention of it anywhere in the literature

I went through the process once before (Public Relations division) and had an interview. Someone else in this group (in the messages a couple of pages back) has told us they've had an interview as well.

Edited by KCWS93

7 hours ago, KCWS93 said:

I went through the process once before (Public Relations division) and had an interview. Someone else in this group (in the messages a couple of pages back) has told us they've had an interview as well.

How is the interview like? Did you have to bring anything like references, transcript. 

11 hours ago, arrow1 said:

How is the interview like? Did you have to bring anything like references, transcript. 

It was a brief phone call, nothing to worry about - then again we talked more about the other options that I had available at that time at SHAPE as I had already accepted an internship there.

3 hours ago, Barbarosa said:

Hi to everyone. Any news receantly ? Did anyone receive email from NATO staff ? My stats continues to be submitted. What about yours ? All the best and good luck

Not yet. It still early July so I think mid July is likely where we would get email or later in the month. 

10 hours ago, Barbarosa said:

Hi to everyone. Any news receantly ? Did anyone receive email from NATO staff ? My stats continues to be submitted. What about yours ? All the best and good luck

Nothing for me either. Still 'submitted'. It appears to me that many people recevied emails in June so I'm not quite sure if candidates are still being shortlisted or not (even though the application says July/August).