Waiting it out 2012... 'I've just submitted my application' thread

fenderpete

Well after three months of personal statement drafting hell I've submitted 3/4 of my applications for Fall 2012 (waiting on the fourth to open its app).

It was a fairly straightforward process, but as always deceptively time consuming. Annoyingly one of my applications didn't register some of my responses to the online questions, so I've had to email the school in question to get it fixed.

Luckily I'm moving to Asia for the next year for work, so at least I'm not going to be agonizing over when I'll hear something. Well, at least not quite as much!

BTW I'm not some super-eager guy, this is more out of necessity than desire to get it in this early lol.

I figured this thread could maybe serve as a rolling 'I've just submitted' post for the duration of the Fall 2012 season.

Good luck all!

Well I am not as on top of my game as you are, but this season I think I will be spending a lot of my time in this part of the forum. I'm crossing my fingers for all of us that are going to be going through it this year.

i'll be finishing up the last of the first round revision of my SoP, from there adapt it to other schools. Took the GRE and awaiting the official results. Gather up the LOR's.

Good luck to you (and everyone else this season)!

Due to my upcoming wedding on December 30th, I also chose to get all of my applications in for fall of 2012! I applied to Gallaudet (my #1 choice) and George Washington here in DC (where my fiance and I live). Also applied to West Chester in PA where we are from. I'm going for my MS in Speech-Language Pathology, and I am SUPER excited!! I pray I get into Gallaudet as my Bachelors Degree is in Deaf Studies and I want to work in the pediatrci setting with kids who are deaf/HOH.

I so wish I'd hear sooner than next year, but hopefully my wedding will be a distraction. Good luck everyone!

Due to my upcoming wedding on December 30th, I also chose to get all of my applications in for fall of 2012! I applied to Gallaudet (my #1 choice) and George Washington here in DC (where my fiance and I live). Also applied to West Chester in PA where we are from. I'm going for my MS in Speech-Language Pathology, and I am SUPER excited!! I pray I get into Gallaudet as my Bachelors Degree is in Deaf Studies and I want to work in the pediatrci setting with kids who are deaf/HOH.

I so wish I'd hear sooner than next year, but hopefully my wedding will be a distraction. Good luck everyone!

Congrats!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I almost have my first application (to Northwestern) set and ready to send off. Sadly, the hardest part of the application has been dealing with some technical issues such as getting my transcript file to attach to my application. But I am hoping that everything will be ready to go by the end of next week or so! They have a "rolling admissions" so needless to say I will be waiting on the edge of my seat to hear back. It will be the only application I hear about before Spring, so hopefully the news is good and I can relax more after that.

Just finished them up last night. Applying to UT-Austin, Kansas, and Mizzou. I don't remember having to wait this long for undergrad -- probably because I shipped everything off at the last minute.

OH man- you guys are on top of it! ONly half my apps have even opened, and to be honest, I haven't gotten far on the ones that are open. Just the easy stuff. Everything else take time (and so much effort)! I'm finishing up my last undergrad year too, so its madness on multiple fronts. I have to set daily goals (Tuesday- email professor, wednesday, give university all of my personal information, thursday, desperately attempt to revise CV for the 15th time).

• 1 month later...

Whew, thank you @cunninlynguist! That's precisely what I was hoping someone in this forum would say--I've submitted 5 and am holding on to the last 6 applications simply out of fear...what if I feel like I need to change something in the next few weeks? But at this point I just don't see what else can be changed. Gosh, though...we're in for so much wait time. :wacko:

As of today I've submitted 9 of 13 applications. The four remaining applications, unfortunately, will not let me submit because of a bug with the GRE scores. They won't accept the revised scores because they fall outside of the old "200-800" range. It seems that they're all aware of the issue though, and are working to fix it ASAP.

As of yesterday all my apps have been submitted (5/5). One of my letter writers (my undergrad thesis advisor) has been on the ball and has 4/5 of his letters submitted. The other 2 letter writers, not so much.

I really need to stop refreshing the app status pages.

4/9 down, and I'll have three more done this week. The final two require an extra essay each (diversity statement and a book review) that I haven't gotten to yet. But I feel on track with my applications and it's great to have them mostly out of the way at this point.

Well I almost have my first application (to Northwestern) set and ready to send off. Sadly, the hardest part of the application has been dealing with some technical issues such as getting my transcript file to attach to my application. But I am hoping that everything will be ready to go by the end of next week or so! They have a "rolling admissions" so needless to say I will be waiting on the edge of my seat to hear back. It will be the only application I hear about before Spring, so hopefully the news is good and I can relax more after that.

I had that same problem with Northwestern. My original transcript scans were .pdfs, and I changed them into Word documents to reduce the file size. It made the resolution go down, but at least they were able to fit. Google "shrink .pdf" for more instructions. I wouldn't worry about this too much; you have to mail official copies anyways, so they'll have better quality images to go off of.

I just submitted everything last week (Northwestern, American, and Temple). Now I'm just waiting on my letter writers; it'll be a huge relief once everything's in. That being said, March seems like an eternity from now!

As of today, all of my apps (5/5) are submitted, GRE scores and transcripts sent, and one LOR completed for each. I've been trying to motivate my other two LOR writers. We have a week off for Thanksgiving and that is right before the NSF GRF and first wave of grad school app due dates. This terrifies me. Any tips on how to "politely" nudger letter writers?

With my GRE scores posted last Friday, I spent the weekend getting as much done as I could with my nine applications. Aside from a few things I need to mail hardcopy, it's all in. Duke, Northwestern, Princeton, Harvard, Brandeis, UMich Ann Arbor, UChicago, UMass Boston, UNC Charlotte. Applied to Public Policy PhD programs. Now I get to sit around and pray for the next several months. (-:

I'm just glad I have classes, work and some independent research to keep me busy until then.

Best of luck to everyone!

I have submitted 3 out of 5. Kudos to those who apply to 10-15 programs. I don't have the $ or energy for that. Plus, I am pretty specific about where I want to go and if I can't get in those places, I don't want to go to grad school at all. Anywars, all the transcripts, GRE scores have been sent and any hardcopy info the programs required. I felt pretty confident when I clicked "submit" but now, I am having a lot of anxiety about my apps. One moment I am like, "if they don't want me, their loss!" next moment I am like, "I am not competitive, my scores are too low, my sop sucks..." I wish that these programs had rolling admissions, because waiting until Feb/Mar might give me an ulcer!

I've submitted 7/9 at this point. I'm not anxious because what I've done hasn't quite hit me yet -- completing grad applications has so far felt like one more task on top of my already stressful schedule. Come January and the realization adcomms have started actually looking at applications, I'm sure I'll be freaking out too.

I've submitted 7/9 at this point. I'm not anxious because what I've done hasn't quite hit me yet -- completing grad applications has so far felt like one more task on top of my already stressful schedule. Come January and the realization adcomms have started actually looking at applications, I'm sure I'll be freaking out too.

Safferz, I'm mostly there with you mentally at this point. I have so much on my plate that I can't help but be relieved to click submit. I'm sure after finals (42 until my semester ends...not that I'm counting) and after submitting my last app, I'll start to freak out (way) more (than I already am).

Two of my references were on top of their games. The other one, not so much...

I'm waiting until 2 weeks before deadline then I'll remind him. It'd be nice to hear something back by Xmas hehe.

Best luck to everyone!

My second recommender just submitted all his! Just the last one left now. I'm not terribly worried about reminding him (he definitely knows already, I see him practically every day and am always telling him where I am on my apps). In other good news- I submitted my second app!! ...Just 7 more to go... dang. I had the realization though that even the "submitted" ones aren't done- there's still that recommendation still to come it, and all the stuff that has to travel via post. Sigh. Will this never be over? I'm getting jealous of those spring application people who are hearing back now.

I submitted my first one Sunday--it was to a British university, and you had to submit the SOP via a text box in the browser... There was no option for previewing (that I saw)... And when I looked at it after submitting, all the paragraphs had been squashed together >.< I'm going to submit a correctly formatted copy via e-mail following their directions for extra materials, but still, annoying! I'm planning to finish all the British unis by the end of the week, and I'm looking forward to it, as it's been a little more confusing that the American ones!