Schools that have status check websites

t_ruth

For those programs that do have online notifications (particularly through ApplyYourself), what does it say after everything's determined? Is it just one of those three little words: Accepted, Rejected, or Waitlisted? If it is, it seems rather cold and heartless to just simply state Rejected, rather than, "We regret that we are unable to offer you a position at this time" or somesuch.

One of the schools I applied for, Minnesota - Twin Cities, on their ApplyNow system gives you a link marked "Decision". If you click it a window pops up with the congrats/rejection letter. I don't know if all ApplyNow systems work this way, but UMN send an automated email when your decision has been reached telling you to look at ApplyNow for your results.

After I heard about this, I've been obsessively/compulsively checking throughout the day as well! Nevermind that decisions probably won't be reached for at least another couple of weeks for my programs, lol. On a related note, I've read all the horror stories about people receiving acceptance letters only to find out later that they were sent due to admin/clerical error, and they're in fact rejected. Do you think something similar could happen even with this online notification system?

On a related note, I've read all the horror stories about people receiving acceptance letters only to find out later that they were sent due to admin/clerical error, and they're in fact rejected.

Oh, sweet minty jesus. I don't know what I'll do if that happens to me.

I've read all the horror stories about people receiving acceptance letters only to find out later that they were sent due to admin/clerical error, and they're in fact rejected.

I'm sure that's very rare. I would think the other way around would be more common, if a mistake is made at all.

There's only... maybe a maximum of 25 people that are meant to receive acceptance letters? They would notice a mistake just by the size of the pile if they accidentally merged acceptance letters for the other 90+ applicants.