Weekends

CAPoliSciPhD

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally yes, not so much tomorrow because I've got a 9hr scholarship interview which I have to get up for in a little under 6hrs. So my day tomorrow isn't going to me quite the average waiting lol.

At least on the weekends you can go out and engage in some heavy drinking until you forget that you're applying to grad school at all :D . But it's still a good thing that I don't have any admissions office contact numbers in my phone, or there *might* just be some very inappropriate drunk-dialing going on!

Are you sure it was a Saturday? Maybe they just posted it on Saturday?

And I kind of figured everyone would still be freaking out....I really wish i knew I had to turn off my ability to daydream....bc now they just deal with grad school scenarios...

January 19, 2008 was indeed a Saturday, according to my iCal. It was posted a few days after that. And I'm guessing that tomorrow would be the equivalent Saturday, but who knows? Maybe I'll hear tomorrow, maybe I'll hear on the 19th itself, maybe it will be next week.... maybe I won't hear until much later because I've been rejected. We'll see.

Realistically, I still have a bare minimum of six weeks, but it's not stopping me from checking my email every nine seconds. And, a brand new program was just announced at BU that I want to apply to. It's an MA program, but rolling admissions - good lord, I SO don't want to have to ask for more copies of my LsOR, but it's a great looking program. Bah, I thought I was done with this.

Coincidentally, I just talked to someone who's in the BU grad program (not a new MA program though), and she said she heard back sometime in late March, and I should expect to hear then or in early April. Can't stand the idea of waiting that long! This isn't rolling admissions, though, maybe that makes the process go faster.

I just emailed the dude-in-charge to ask if he thinks my research is in line with the program. I wasn't intending to apply to MA programs, but this one is RIGHT up my alley and the fact that it has rolling admissions is more or less awesome, since I just found out about it today. Plus, twiddling my SOP and filling out the application will give me something to do in between... you know, checking my email every nine seconds.

What is a three-day weekend for other schools is a four-day weekend for DC schools. The schools to which I am applying in DC will be closed an additional day because of the inauguration. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

(And, before anybody tells me to take a chill pill, please know I am not really about to jump up off a bridge. I--and I suspect others who post here--enjoy this comic banter as a stress release.)

Well on my train back from the interview and pretty happy with how it went. Think I gave a pretty reasonable account of myself, so if they don't like me they don't like me.

My weekend begins right now. I've definitely had enough of all things grad for the next few days. I'm SO glad that's over. Now everything is absolutely out of my hands with everywhere I've applied so I can relax to some extent. Bring on my u undergrad dissertation!!!

Saturday nights are the worse - as I know you are all out having fun and I'm stuck at home w/the kiddos...nothing to distract from my ruminating.

and linden, I think the inauguration might have an effect on other schools too...I think everyone may be absorbed.