Weekends

CAPoliSciPhD

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Sundays have become very hated since there's no mail! What am I supposed to do? Chill out? HA, I say, HA!

Maybe there will be a letter or an email this week!

Hey you're lucky you get mail on Saturdays! I'm in Canada and we don't get mail Saturday or Sundays!!! Two days to chill out, ahhhhh!

Hey you're lucky you get mail on Saturdays! I'm in Canada and we don't get mail Saturday or Sundays!!! Two days to chill out, ahhhhh!

I don't think I could do that! The suspense! I need to find a prescription to calm me down some >.<

I actually received something in the mail today! I had already received an email that was "regarding your acceptance," so I had assumed, lol, but the official letter came today. It was marked very boldly on the outside "Official Acceptance." My husband joked that the school instituted this policy after losing too many promising candidates to heart attack :P

Oh hey, congrats! lol I remember when I got into college, the envelope said something silly like 'This is your fat envelope. Congratulations!' Then the other day my little cousin got an acceptance and the envelope was stuffed with a complementary, school pride pillow case (uhhh, ok?), so that was a bit obvious. It's nice when they don't mess with our heads more than absolutely necessary.

In the US, we may be cutting mail down to five days a week instead of six days a week because the post office is struggling. :( What a cruel thing to do in notification season!

I know, and Tuesday of all days. When I first heard about that I thought for sure they were going to stop delivering on Saturdays. This is totally throwing a wrench into my Netflix scheme; I get two at a time, but I stagger them at every other day so I can have one delivered every day (except Sunday, obviously). Damn.

sad sad Friday night. and I didn't think ahead and stock up on Netflix before the weekend! I hope you all post lots of interesting stuff to help get through it ;)

Well, my flat mate is back home for the weekend, so my plans are now watch football (soccer) today and then Superbowl Sunday tomorrow :)

Well, I'm doing a TEFL course tomorrow from 9am to 8pm, then 9am to 6pm on Sunday so I'm hoping that'll keep me occupied. Gutted to be missing the Six Nations rugby but thought I should start putting Plan B into action...

I'll be honest, I have started loving and craving weekends! They are the only days of the week I am a functioning human being. Otherwise I feel like I am semi-attached to my computer just waiting for a notice. Weekends give me the freedom to do as I please. And since there is mail on Saturday, there is still hope, but at least it only consumes a few minutes of my day.

Yeah, Adaptations, I've noticed that I am significantly more relaxed today. But it's not going to stop me from refreshing gradcafe every couple of minutes, 'cause I'm at work. XD

I think my current standings are 6 PhD, 2 MA still to hear from - I originally applied to 8 PhD and 1 MA, one of my PhD apps was transferred to MA consideration from lack of funding, and one of the PhD programs notified somebody four days ago, so I think that means I'm probably just waiting on a rejection letter at their pleasure.

Has the postal service stopped Tuesday service yet here in the States, or is that still pending? Does anyone know if they're gradually phasing it out by region, or ending it abruptly simultaneously across the country?

I only wish weekends offered me some respite. People on the results page report receiving emails and phone calls on Saturdays, and I have emails forwarded to my BlackBerry. So even though I'm at work all day, the obsession persists! Lol

Has the postal service stopped Tuesday service yet here in the States, or is that still pending? Does anyone know if they're gradually phasing it out by region, or ending it abruptly simultaneously across the country?

I only wish weekends offered me some respite. People on the results page report receiving emails and phone calls on Saturdays, and I have emails forwarded to my BlackBerry. So even though I'm at work all day, the obsession persists! Lol

At this point they the Federal Gov't is still discussing it. They have yet to make a decision, my guess is that it won't happen because it would be unpopular and our elected officials want to remain in office.