any "what are you going to do now" fantasies?

katanianQ

If the initial shock does not cause too severe a heart palpitation, I picture myself bursting out my front door and just running down the street for awhile with a huge smile on my face. Then I'll make the calls in this order: Fiancee, Dad, Mom, Brother, cousin, Friend, Friend, etc. Then, update my facebook status with the news and excessive exclamation marks. I will first go out to eat with some friends at my favorite place in town, order way too much food and beverage, then move on to some drinking establishment to buy rounds for everyone. Depending on the day of the week, if I miss class I will put together one of those apologetic e-mails but figure out some way to cleverly fit in the news of my acceptance.

Additionally, I hope the relief will also serve to treat this horrible case of procrastination I've been suffering from this semester. This thesis is refusing to write itself :(

Yes, joining an Ivy League school's network on facebook features prominently in my dreams, sadly.

Is it bad that this is one of the biggest reasons I'm considering going to my second choice rather than my first? (although I guess maybe my ranks for my schools will change after interviews?)

Got an unexpected early acceptance today, and here's what I did:

1. Freak out as word is opening the attached file called "mylastname accept".

2. Skim quickly as heart goes wild.

3. Call Mom.

4. Text bff.

5. Post on GradCafe.

Is it REALLY free this year if you go on your birthday?! I'm just wondering because I will be in Florida (actually flying out, and not from Orlando) on my birthday and now am having ideas of switching plans and going and then flying out later hahha

Is it REALLY free this year if you go on your birthday?! I'm just wondering because I will be in Florida (actually flying out, and not from Orlando) on my birthday and now am having ideas of switching plans and going and then flying out later hahha

Yes it is free on your birthday!

I would totally go to Disney World in two seconds. and get a giant Mickey for my new home. :)

Then I'll weep silently into my pillow as I realize i will never have to wait tables again....

Oh my god, I know your pain. I took several years off from school to get my life back on track and recover from some serious stuff, and have been waiting tables during that time. Before I went back to school and realized that I'm actually going to finish this segment of my life (graduating with my BA in May, after starting in 2000, lol), I had several crying bouts and pleas to my Higher Power in one of the side kitchens of the restaurant, terrified and hopeless that I would be waiting tables for the rest of my life. I yearn for an acceptance to any of my schools, if nothing else for an escape from working with the general public in that (and any) fashion.

That being said, I haven't indulged myself with (m)any fantasies about what I'm going to do if I get accepted. On the contrary, I've been silently composing rejection letters in my head, anticipating the worst and trying to lessen the blow. Yeah, really pessimistic, but.... meh.

And hearing about people getting letters/emails/interviews right now REALLY makes me anxious! Lol.

Here's the link for information about Disney being free on your birthday: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disney ... rthdayPage

You can fill out the forms ahead of time for 'faster' processing once in the park, or else just fill them in when you get there. My birthday is mid-March and I'm going to Disney...just hope there's something to celebrate!!

I hear you readyforchange... My husband insisted on buying tickets for a five-day vacation in Paris in early April. I keep telling him that there is a chance I might feel gloomy in early April and not in the mood for Paris. But, he insists that the city will lift my spirits if they need lifting; if admissions season goes well, this will serve as my celebration trip. I hope I won't be sulking around Paris for five days. :)

I hear your readyforchange... My husband insisted on buying tickets for a five-day vacation in Paris in early April. I keep telling him that there is a chance I might feel gloomy in early April and not in the mood for Paris. But, he insists that the city will lift my spirits if they need lifting; if admissions season goes well, this will serve as my celebration trip. I hope I won't be sulking around Paris for five days. :)

Sounds lovely! One of my most favorite places in the whole world :) . Have you ever heard the song "April in Paris" by Bille Holiday? That's what your trip brings to my mind. I hope that a) you'll get accepted to wherever you want to go and B) you'll enjoy Paris!

I know. I know. I will probably have a good time in Paris, no matter what. I just wish I knew that I was going to Paris to celebrate. I don't like thinking that a trip to Paris might be a consolation prize. Although, as far as consolation prizes go, it would not be a bad one. And, Boz, thanks for the good wishes.

I have my celebration already planned in my head! Once I get an acceptance, I'm going to get as many people (family and friends) as I can to go have dinner with me at the Twisted Fork Cafe. It is this really cool bakery/deli place nearby with a Dagwood sandwich that is about 8 inches by 8 inches by 4 inches in size. Seriously, if ya'll are ever in Raleigh, go there.

Heh, I can just see myself storming the restaurant with like 20 people. We did that at one of its sister restaurants for the dinner after our wedding reception (which was a lunch). No call aheads, just came in and said "Yeah, we're expecting like 15 people." Although our best food surprise was going to the Krispy Kreme for donuts immediately after the reception while we were all in tuxes/dresses.

If I do get in somewhere I'll be insanely happy for like three days and then I'll start trying to figure out how to get my wife a job in the area of our future home. If I don't get in anywhere I'll try next year but I'll also look into accelerated programs for nursing. There's a massive shortage of nurses and I'm so sick and tired of being one of the many who want a few spots that it would be nice to be in a world where I had people competing over me.

After an especially crappy day at work, I have decided:

Will take my admissions letter (from no less than Super Prestigious University) and throw it on my boss's desk. Explain to him that I quit right then and there, leaving them with my hugely unfinished, hugely important-to-the company project that only I have been working on and that only I, with my special skills, can complete (were I actually working on one)--leaving my boss royally up sh*t's creek without a paddle.

Pull a "screw you guys, I'm going home!" Put a huge wad of gum in my mouth (not allowed to chew gum where I work), while making sure I smack as loud as I can while blowing and smacking bubbles in my boss's face, have my boyfriend waiting in our helicopter where we fly far far away into the sunset of not sitting-at-a-desk-all-day-trying-not-to-read-gradcafe-100-times-a-day freedom.