Anybody who applied directly to SSHRC get any news about their status in the mail? (A or B list)? Nothing for me so far...

Yea i'm down in the states and waiting too....driving me nuts :). I hear its usually feb when they send the letters out but god knows eh.

Hi everyone,

Just in case this information is interesting to anyone. As most of A-listed people, I received an email on January 13 from my University (U of Montreal) telling me that my candidacy had been fowarded to the SSHRC.

The email inclueded this information :

"Le CRSH fera part de sa décision par la poste, avant le 31 mars, à tous les candidats pour lesquels un dossier de candidature leur fut transmis."

Translation : SSHRC will inform candidates by mail before march 31.

I am not sure of how accurate this can acutally be, but this email was from UofM graduate and post-doc faculty... I do not expect theese people to just put a random date.

Hi everyone,

Just in case this information is interesting to anyone. As most of A-listed people, I received an email on January 13 from my University (U of Montreal) telling me that my candidacy had been fowarded to the SSHRC.

The email inclueded this information :

"Le CRSH fera part de sa décision par la poste, avant le 31 mars, à tous les candidats pour lesquels un dossier de candidature leur fut transmis."

Translation : SSHRC will inform candidates by mail before march 31.

I am not sure of how accurate this can acutally be, but this email was from UofM graduate and post-doc faculty... I do not expect theese people to just put a random date.

Whoah.... your university gave you an exact date? That's wild! :D

Mine unfortunately only said, "...SSHRC will announce the results early in the spring and will contact you directly with the results."

I've never heard of a March 31st date before! That's early in comparision with previous years. I wonder where your university got that info from? It does seem odd that they'd give out a random date. :wacko:

Edited by Andsowego

I'm a direct applicant and as of today, I have not yet received any notifications from SSHRC regarding the date of release of competition results (or any information about whether I am on the A or B list). Anyone have any updates re: direct SSHRC application results?

Whoah.... your university gave you an exact date? That's wild! :D

Mine unfortunately only said, "...SSHRC will announce the results early in the spring and will contact you directly with the results."

I've never heard of a March 31st date before! That's early in comparision with previous years. I wonder where your university got that info from? It does seem odd that they'd give out a random date. :wacko:

Yep.

I actually don't really know what to think of this. I do not really expect to get any news before march 31st, but still, there has to be a reason explaining why they wrote that. That email came from the person responsible for SSHRC applications in the graduate studies faculty, i.e. she is certainly aware of the delays of the past years...

Any way, I guess this will just be something new for all of us to speculate on!

I'm a direct applicant and as of today, I have not yet received any notifications from SSHRC regarding the date of release of competition results (or any information about whether I am on the A or B list). Anyone have any updates re: direct SSHRC application results?

Hey -- I'm the same. The last I heard from them was this one, not long after the application deadline:

"The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council acknowledges receipt of your application to the Doctoral Awards Program. Your application number is: XXXXX. Please use it in all communications with SSHRC.

The result of this competition will be sent by mail to the correspondence address provided in your application. Please provide us with any changes to your address by sending an email to fellowships@sshrc.ca."

So, you're not alone! Hopefully soon...

Hey -- I'm the same. The last I heard from them was this one, not long after the application deadline:

"The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council acknowledges receipt of your application to the Doctoral Awards Program. Your application number is: XXXXX. Please use it in all communications with SSHRC.

The result of this competition will be sent by mail to the correspondence address provided in your application. Please provide us with any changes to your address by sending an email to fellowships@sshrc.ca."

So, you're not alone! Hopefully soon...

Yep, like Zoso4 said I also got that email way back in November. So yep..all in the same boat..don't know what the delay is given that the application has been "taken down" on the online portal for a while now. Edited by sidoov

got a letter today from SSHRC saying my application has been forwarded (Group A). 246 of 773 were forwarded for candidates not registered in a university. Good luck everyone!

Congratz, that's good news.

Does anyone know how much longer it may take given that candidates have been informed whether they are Group A or B?

nice work raccoonface! what part of the country do you live in? when am I gonna get my letter all the way out here in the west, I wonder?

Blurry: after the Group A/B decision the next set of decisions aren't mailed out til late April ... so, the waiting game continues

nice work raccoonface! what part of the country do you live in? when am I gonna get my letter all the way out here in the west, I wonder?

Blurry: after the Group A/B decision the next set of decisions aren't mailed out til late April ... so, the waiting game continues

Thanks rontron! I live in Toronto....I don't know about out west, maybe later this week?

Hey congrats raccoonface and thanks for the update! You seem to be one of the first of the bunch to get notified by SSHRC (likely because of your location). Now it's time for the rest of us.

@rontron, I'm also in Winnipeg -- I will make sure to post on here once I get a letter from SSHRC, unless you get yours first.

Thanks rontron! I live in Toronto....I don't know about out west, maybe later this week?

Hey everyone. Just FYI I live in Toronto and received the same notification as raccoonface yesterday (Feb 27) in the mail -- one of the lucky 246/773, thank goodness!

I guess it's a location thing as we're both in T.O., so I'm sure everyone else will be hearing back shortly. Good luck everyone!

received a letter in Winnipeg today (Feb 28), my program is a PhD in Sociology at the CUNY Graduate Center (currently enrolled), I didn't get a score out of 30, but I was notified that my application has been forwarded to the national competition.

:) :) good luck everyone!

Got my letter today: direct applicant and rejected Group B.

Yeah, I'm a day late and a dollar short in Toronto. Not a good day for direct applicants. Bah!

Although, I have to say that removing the SSHRC log-in screen from my bookmarks felt pretty good. It was like, "You dreadful screen and obtuse process, forget you, I'll see you in hell!"

Or, you know, September, whichever comes first :P

Chins up jeenyus! We regroup and, next time, we shall fare/fail better!

And congrats to all those still in the mix, if the monies gotta go somewhere, I'd happily see them go to some people in the awesome gradcafe community!

Got my letter today: direct applicant and rejected Group B.

I got a rejection letter as well. That's alright, I know a few of my colleagues who didn't get a SSHRC entering their Ph.D. programs but once in in the program, the chances of getting a SSHRC seem to be considerably better (all 3 of my friends got a SSHRC going into their 2nd year). As surefire said, there's always next year!

And there's still OGS results to be released in May :)